What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

• He'll never take us to the playoffs..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shabazz

Reaction score
Man... Dak is about to go off today. The bus is about to get a serious injection of turbo in that big engine.

275 yards and 2 Tds and no turnovers would be a great day for Dak

It means the the skins defense can’t make us one dimensional and that’s all most of us are asking for. Don’t need 180 passing yards where screen passes account for 120 of them

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Interesting that you say that... A couple of the answers are Romo answers and they're filling up.

I had to. Maybe its my big ego. I dont know.
I always feel bad afterwards that i gone OT. Sorry for that.

But i think of Romo that way. I think he could have been a very good QB. But what stood in his way is that he thought of himself that he had the talent level to carry a team on his shoulders.

It just fits the approach Parcells had with him and what he always said to Romo. Dont eat the cheese.

When you listen to Romos moderation of games these days he shows the same way of thinking. He figured it all out and calls the play. But he didnt figure it all out and he doesnt have the talent to make the needed play to happen. BUT and finally i think he doesnt have the slightest touch of wether his surrounding cast can follow his thinking process. And to me that was one of the biggest problem with Romo. He was a one man show.

That all made him not more then a bus driver. And that would have been enough for us to win the big one.

With Dak the reasons that i view him as a bus driver (if he even can prove he is one) are just the opposite. He doesnt have the talent level Romo has. But i think he is well aware of what he can do and of what he isnt. Right now he is just lost in a system that demands way too much from him. The pooper made everything much better for him.

Last edited:

JDSmith

Reaction score
Well, here's a video that completely knocks out the proclamation that Dak cannot throw deep. Anyone have the nerve to admit they might have been wrong about that?

I think you are getting hung up on semantics. I understand, because there is a lot of hyperbole either way, but when someone says he can't throw deep they generally mean he can't (or won't) do it consistently well. I doubt there has been a QB drafted in the last 15 years who isn't capable of throwing the ball 60 yards in the air. Anyone who doesn't have that arm capacity has almost no chance of being drafted. Kellen Moore could throw the ball 60 yards in the air.

I sincerely doubt that there are many people here who legitimately believed that Dak couldn't throw the ball 60 yards in the air, since there are probably hundreds of high school QBs who can do it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes already taken us to the Playoffs, so how do those even make it there, if he did it once he could possible do it again..

JDSmith

Reaction score
I feel Dak has already peaked out in 2016. Why pay him Top dollar if he needs everything around to be darn near elite? DAL will have a serious cap problem.

The people voting multiple super bowls are forgetting that entirely. Dak will take up a big chunk of the cap after next year if he's re-signed. That's going to allow for less elite players around him. Right now this is the best scenario we'll ever have with Dak. So either he gets a lot better, or the team as a whole will get worse when he Jerry backs that truck full of money up to Dak's door.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The people voting multiple super bowls are forgetting that entirely. Dak will take up a big chunk of the cap after next year if he's re-signed. That's going to allow for less elite players around him. Right now this is the best scenario we'll ever have with Dak. So either he gets a lot better, or the team as a whole will get worse when he Jerry backs that truck full of money up to Dak's door.
Yessir so true.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think you are getting hung up on semantics. I understand, because there is a lot of hyperbole either way, but when someone says he can't throw deep they generally mean he can't (or won't) do it consistently well. I doubt there has been a QB drafted in the last 15 years who isn't capable of throwing the ball 60 yards in the air. Anyone who doesn't have that arm capacity has almost no chance of being drafted. Kellen Moore could throw the ball 60 yards in the air.

I sincerely doubt that there are many people here who legitimately believed that Dak couldn't throw the ball 60 yards in the air, since there are probably hundreds of high school QBs who can do it.
No, I'm not. I'm specifically referring to those who are screaming that he has a weak arm, some calling him noodle arm, some claiming he doesn't have the arm strength to be an NFL QB.

If you'll notice on that throw in the video, that ball was a shot, almost no arc. That is why it was such an excellent example.

I think you are hung up on not reading enough before responding!!!!!!

Romotil45

Reaction score
Hes a good bus driver right now but hes still young and growing as a QB and has a chance to improve on his faults and grow from bus driver to the "guy". Only time will tell. He has the clutch, leadership, and moxie factor already.

Yes when he protects the ball he is a good bus driver but he lacks the arm talent to be the " guy " and unfortunately its getting worse. He has lost velocity since 2016 not that he ever had a gun but somehow he has lost velocity. His vertical throws now are wounded ducks that hang in the air for days. He is not a vertical threat at all now and teams know it. Sure he still has all the intangibles we love him for but just not the arm talent. Go back and look at some of his vertical throws in 2016 and compare them to the wounded ducks he threw this year verse Atlanta. I cant explain it either. In 2016 at least he was somewhat of a vertical threat not anymore.

JDSmith

Reaction score
No, I'm not. I'm specifically referring to those who are screaming that he has a weak arm, some calling him noodle arm, some claiming he doesn't have the arm strength to be an NFL QB.

If you'll notice on that throw in the video, that ball was a shot, almost no arc. That is why it was such an excellent example.

I think you are hung up on not reading enough before responding!!!!!!

Kellen Moore had a noodle arm, he could still throw it 60 yards. Having a noodle arm in the NFL doesn't preclude a 60 yard throw, since the floor for getting into the NFL is pretty high.

kskboys

Reaction score
Kellen Moore had a noodle arm, he could still throw it 60 yards. Having a noodle arm in the NFL doesn't preclude a 60 yard throw, since the floor for getting into the NFL is pretty high.
Once again, you're not listening!!!!

Watch the video. It wasn't just a 60 yard throw. It was almost a rope.

And arm strength in the NFL is about throwing 20-40 yard ropes. Has almost nothing to do w/ the deep ball. Dak has the arm strength to throw those ropes if he sets his feet.

Dak may not be accurate enough to pass at a high level, that we don't know yet. However, arm strength is not the issue.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Well, here's a video that completely knocks out the proclamation that Dak cannot throw deep. Anyone have the nerve to admit they might have been wrong about that?

The video is unavailable now but yes in 2016 he was somewhat of a vertical threat. Compare that to the wounded ducks he threw deep in the Atlanta game this year. Somehow he has lost velocity. Perhaps he is using less hip torqe I cant explain it but now his vertical throws hang in the air for days. Not that he ever had a true gun but he has definitely lost some velocity.

JDSmith

Reaction score

And arm strength in the NFL is about throwing 20-40 yard ropes. Has almost nothing to do w/ the deep ball. Dak has the arm strength to throw those ropes if he sets his feet.

Dak may not be accurate enough to pass at a high level, that we don't know yet. However, arm strength is not the issue.

Again, Kellen Moore could do the same thing. The ball from Prescott is in the air about 3.19 seconds. There is a video of Moore throwing a nearly identical pass (probably 2 yards shorter) that's in the air 3.28 seconds. Does that prove that Moore has a good arm? Is that still thrown on a rope?

And if arm strength in the NFL has nothing to do with throwing the deep ball why are you using a deep ball as an example of arm strength?You might want to tighten up the message before you accuse other people of not listening to it.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Again, Kellen Moore could do the same thing. The ball from Prescott is in the air about 3.19 seconds. There is a video of Moore throwing a nearly identical pass (probably 2 yards shorter) that's in the air 3.28 seconds. Does that prove that Moore has a good arm? Is that still thrown on a rope?

And if arm strength in the NFL has nothing to do with throwing the deep ball why are you using a deep ball as an example of arm strength?You might want to tighten up the message before you accuse other people of not listening to it.

Agreed and besides the go route is the easiest throw to make. A more difficult throw is the seam route. Can Dak throw a frozen rope with zip into the seam ? He has lost velocity since 2016. He now is not a vertical threat much at all.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Just like running 3 strainght times and taking the chance on your FG kickers foot... why, well easy we had lost our starting LT!!! Say what you want to, but that was a very sound decision by clapper and vanilla

Or just maybe they ran it because they don’t trust the QB in that situation. That could be as plausible a reason as any. And I wouldn’t trust him in that situation either.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Of course we know it. Unless he proves else.

That was one of the issues he had in college and now in the NFL.