What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

• He'll never take us to the playoffs..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kskboys

Reaction score
Again, Kellen Moore could do the same thing. The ball from Prescott is in the air about 3.19 seconds. There is a video of Moore throwing a nearly identical pass (probably 2 yards shorter) that's in the air 3.28 seconds. Does that prove that Moore has a good arm? Is that still thrown on a rope?

And if arm strength in the NFL has nothing to do with throwing the deep ball why are you using a deep ball as an example of arm strength?You might want to tighten up the message before you accuse other people of not listening to it.
Now who's arguing semantics!!!!

If you're not going to pay attention to the conversation, I wish you'd quit responding to me.

Listen up. You were incorrect in your original assessment of my take. You claimed semantics, and you were wrong. I've tried to explain to you that my post was pointed specifically at those who claim Dak has a weak/noodle arm. That throw shows he does not. If you don't think so, that's fine. Are you even capable of trying to make a counterpoint w/o insulting someone?

Romotil45

Reaction score
If you cannot execute a Hail Mary because you might fumble the ball away and give up a score against a 3 man rush....then you're not a QB i'm interested in investing in.

Agreed. In the Atlanta game we had a 3rd and 13 three man rush Dak didn't even wait to see the field develop he quickly threw a one yrd check down to Zeke. He has no confidence in his arm.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I feel Dak has already peaked out in 2016. Why pay him Top dollar if he needs everything around to be darn near elite? DAL will have a serious cap problem.
Lmao..... Some posts just tickle me..

Dude peaked out in his rookie year. :facepalm:

tenor.gif

Romotil45

Reaction score
Weaknesses

• Inconsistency mars almost every aspect of his game, especially mechanically
  • Rocks back with a slight hitch in his delivery when putting zip on the ball
  • Can wind up with longer release when going down the field
  • Tendency to release the ball a tad early, resulting in a sailing or fluttering pass
  • Needs to vary the pace of the ball to match the situation/route (no bullets on screens)
  • Location and accuracy are generally poor, makes receivers adjust to off-target balls and minimizes yards after catch
  • Makes very poor decisions at times, forces passes into coverage
  • Footwork can get sloppy, will fall off his base throwing to his left, loses accuracy/velocity
  • Doesn’t possess the heralded “power arm” that he was once rumored to have
  • Deep ball accuracy is lacking, touch passing needs a compass
  • Does not throw with anticipation, poor timing leads to late throws to all areas of the field
  • Can be confused and fooled by more intricate coverage schemes (ex. Alabama’s pattern reading)
  • Lacks accuracy and velocity when throwing on the move
  • Not a great athlete, heavy-footed and lacking lateral quickness and explosiveness as a runner

See any improvement since his scouting report out of college?

No real improvement. I would also argue he has lost velocity since 2016. Maybe he is throwing too much in offseason ( arm fatigue ) or perhaps he is not setting his feet properly not using hip flex. In any case he has lost velocity. Not that he had a gun to begin with but in 2016 he was some what of a vertical threat on go routes. Not so much now. Hes getting worse not better.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Some of the recent posts about Dak:

Ours is a joke!
Goff is 10X better.
He has little arm talent.

If you don't like Dak's quarterbacking skills, fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

But posts like the above, with gross exaggeration, are meaningless.

A joke? Then how did a "joke" win 27 NFL games? And don't give me the "he had Zeke" bull, no team wins 27 games with only a running back, no matter how good he is.

Goff "10X" better? Then he should have won every game he played, had no ints and 200 tds, he must have been perfect!

NO quarterback is drafted who has "little arm talent". ANY drafted quarterback has at least average arm talent, you don't get there otherwise. There were 129 FBS schools in 2016, each had a starting quarterback. Only 15 were selected in the draft. Is someone going to say there were only 14 quarterbacks that had "sufficient" arm strength, so Dak was drafted even though he didn't have it?

Yeah right.

Let's try to keep comments at least partly in the real world...

Tebow got drafted insufficient arm strength. It happens.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Interesting responses thus far. Definitely not what I expected. There appears to be a tad more confidence in Dak that I thought.

A lot of people fought hard for Tebow too because like Dak hes a good likable person. I think Dak has a higher ceiling than Tebow I think Dak will still be in the league for awhile but perhaps not as a starter.

morat1959

Reaction score
I think he has those special glasses that makes you think the QB is better than what he is.

I can understand those who are in the group of everybody should get a trophy although I don’t get it. I think those are the fans who’ve never stepped in a competitive arena in their life. I just can’t understand those who can’t see what’s right in front of their eyes or have no comprehension of what’s happened to this organization the last 22 years since Jimmy Johnson left and our owner/GM fizzled us into mediocrity!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
A lot of people fought hard for Tebow too because like Dak hes a good likable person. I think Dak has a higher ceiling than Tebow I think Dak will still be in the league for awhile but perhaps not as a starter.
Will you eat crow when he wins us a Super Bowl?

Romotil45

Reaction score
Will you eat crow when he wins us a Super Bowl?

Of course I will eat crow with a very large smile on my face ! I am on record stating that Dak is simply a bus driver that could poss drive us to a superbowl I added that was IF our defense becomes elite and Freadbeard comes back strong and Zekes stays healthy. I would be very happy to eat that crow. And I would eat that crow publicly on this forum.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Of course I will eat crow with a very large smile on my face ! I am on record stating that Dak is simply a bus driver that could poss drive us to a superbowl I added that was IF our defense becomes elite and Freadbeard comes back strong and Zekes stays healthy. I would be very happy to eat that crow. And I would eat that crow publicly on this forum.
Ok bruh. Whatever works. A Lombardi is a Lombardi is a Lombardi.

morat1959

Reaction score
Holding the damn ball. He leaves every team in every game. Throw the ball or roll away from the pressure. No pocket awareness! Holds the ball too long. Throw the ball to the spot the receiver is going to be!

dfense

Reaction score
Someone should keep track of how many go routes Dak overthrows or underthrows. Dude has no feel for the deep ball whatsoever.