What are your expectations this upcoming season?

LysleE

Reaction score
The post-season thus far is going according to Dallas’ plan…talk a big game, but do nothing. The FO will sign a bargain bin FA and act like it’s the greatest coup ever.
Well…Dallas lost 2 starters on the OL with untested depth; no starting RB; no legitimate #2 WR although I think Cooks can be that player IF utilized correctly; the DL and LB positions are weak with no depth; run defense is and has been atrocious over the past two-years; best CB is coming off a surgery…so how effective will the secondary actually be…especially if Dallas can’t get pressure on the QB.
The worst part is watching other teams make moves to be more competitive and upgrade their talent…always turning over their rosters while Dallas maintains status quo with the “we like our guys” mantra.
Dallas will be playing a first place schedule this season, so there is that too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The real question is, will Goodell wait for a guilty verdict or just suspend Dak over the accusation like he did Zeke?

Either way, I expect mediocracy.
Dak aint Zeke, he literally won the Man of the Year award. Zeke was at parades reaching over and pulling down girl's shirts.................big difference in court of public opinion.

I think Dak will be given the benefit of the doubt by Goddell due to the extortion letter and the fact it is so out of character, Dak has never had any off the field issues since he has been in the league. Just look at most of the comments here, I would say 95% of posters that have commented have said "I cant believe Dak would do something like that, he is not that type of a guy".

This is very problematic for the accuser, Dak's high character, family guy image makes it almost impossible for somebody to believe he would do something like this and then thrown in an extortion letter on top of that. Going to be a hard sell, especially since the jury pool will come from the Metroplex where virtually everybody is Cowboy fans.

So, I think Dak is pretty safe from being suspended without a jury verdict against him, and that is going to be extremely difficult as I just mentioned above without concrete proof.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The 2nd paragraph is exactly why I’m disappointed. A dak extension is coming, whether it’s in August or after next season, he’s gonna be here. If the team was choosing a direction and saying “hey, we are gonna rebuild”, I’d disagree but at least there would be a direction, right now they have 1 foot in reset mode and 1 in competitive mode- the middle the worst spot in sports.

If you are gonna pay dak $60m then you should be doing everything possible to put the best team on the field, at both sides of the ball. You should be going for it in the now. I’ve watched this team restructure contracts and kick the can down the road for years with teams that if everything went right AND they got luck- they’d make the playoffs so forgive me for being disappointed that they have a good core, arguably their best coach since jimmy and they are moving scared.
Good points.

I agree, if you are going to extend Dak why on Earth are you gutting the team around him???

We got no LT, no C, our RT is shakey at best, and our starting RB is currently Mighty Mouse...................This aint gonna get it done with Dak, he needs more help, not less.

If you are not going to extend Dak, then cut the cord right now and play Lance to see if he could be an adequate replacement.

What they are doing right now is just a totally moronic way to build a roster, makes absolutely no sense.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We got no LT, no C, our RT is shakey at best, and our starting RB is currently Mighty Mouse

The 12-win train has just derailed:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They sure will look foolish which is very entertaining.
Yeah they sure will, kinda like the folks who said getting Green Bay in the 1st round with QB making his first career playoff start was an easy W.

Funny, I have not seen most of those posters this offseason..................I wonder why:huh:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said, whatever the under is on wins, I'll take it.
3rd division best case.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Dak aint Zeke, he literally won the Man of the Year award. Zeke was at parades reaching over and pulling down girl's shirts.................big difference in court of public opinion.

I think Dak will be given the benefit of the doubt by Goddell due to the extortion letter and the fact it is so out of character, Dak has never had any off the field issues since he has been in the league. Just look at most of the comments here, I would say 95% of posters that have commented have said "I cant believe Dak would do something like that, he is not that type of a guy".

This is very problematic for the accuser, Dak's high character, family guy image makes it almost impossible for somebody to believe he would do something like this and then thrown in an extortion letter on top of that. Going to be a hard sell, especially since the jury pool will come from the Metroplex where virtually everybody is Cowboy fans.

So, I think Dak is pretty safe from being suspended without a jury verdict against him, and that is going to be extremely difficult as I just mentioned above without concrete proof.
It was sarcasm directed at Goodell.
If I were serious about it I would have presented an actual argument.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Expectations, come out slow on offense, defense will be ahead for a bit, offense will finally break out for several weeks, neck to neck again with philly, make it to the playoffs and lose

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Good points.

I agree, if you are going to extend Dak why on Earth are you gutting the team around him???

We got no LT, no C, our RT is shakey at best, and our starting RB is currently Mighty Mouse...................This aint gonna get it done with Dak, he needs more help, not less.

If you are not going to extend Dak, then cut the cord right now and play Lance to see if he could be an adequate replacement.

What they are doing right now is just a totally moronic way to build a roster, makes absolutely no sense.
I think what Jerry is saying, well Dak if you must have the Big Dollars, gotta cut back in other area's...

roy31

Reaction score
Yeah they sure will, kinda like the folks who said getting Green Bay in the 1st round with QB making his first career playoff start was an easy W.

Funny, I have not seen most of those posters this offseason..................I wonder why:huh:
It’s absolutely crazy how How Dallas fans view the team… the F/O did the same thing they’ve done for a decade in the off-season and now the sky is falling … if they start the season 2-0… get out of the way .. they are a true contender. When the actual truth is somewhere In The middle. The will beat the lower teams , just enough to keep them relevant and keep Jerry making money . Just as he has planned the whole time.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This is a 6 win team. You don’t replace Wr,CB,LT,C,RB,LB all starters in one year.
Agreed.

However, it's fine with me, I want them to tear down and rebuild in a major way, not saying it's for sure SBs will follow, but you know, insanity is, etc.

Might as well try something different...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’ll wait to see which scrubs we pick up first but Jerry’s definition of “all in” is much different than mine. At this point I’m seeing a non playoff season but we’ll see what happens.
Jerry's "all in" comment was widely assumed to be he'd do whatever was needed this year to get a SB win.

However, we now know what he meant was getting Lamb and Parsons signed long term. That's all....

Brax

Reaction score

I bet you still think OJ didn’t do it.
By the way it was a demand letter not extortion as her lawyer sent it not her, as for Daks a Family guy is kinda funny as she’s a baby momma not his wife is that what makes a high character guy, as we all know public image means little. Don’t know the truth probably never will but don’t be surprised if more women don’t come forward. I don’t speculate many here do and have already tar and feathered her. Not taking sides and hopefully Dak is fully exonerated and just to let you know the first rule in jury cases is you never know the outcome before they deliberate and in today’s climate nothing is problematic. Lastly no lawyer would go after a high profile person with just a she said.

starfan1

Reaction score
this team wins 9 or 10 games doing nothing if they add a few pieces at correct spots 10 or 11 games.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It’s way too early to predict that.

For now I’ll go with like 9 wins. Maybe a WC playoff birth.

They could potentially win a playoff if the first team they face is mediocre like the Bucs a few years ago, but I don’t see it happening.

Jayinem

Reaction score
It's so bad if the Cowboys win 10 games both Dak and McCarthy will probably get extensions.