What books have you been reading?

Shinaoi

Reaction score
That's a shame. I love Mistborn and most of Sanderson's other stuff as well.

I have just started The Darkness that Comes Before, Book #1 of the Prince of Nothing series by R. Scott Bakker. I'm not very far in yet but I am enjoying it.

Prince of nothing. Now that as a good fantasy series. I guess I just prefer my fantasy a little darker and philosohical. Which is why I like malazan also.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Joe Abercrombie I've heard good stuff about. I got the first book in my shelf but haven't started it.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Prince of nothing. Now that as a good fantasy series. I guess I just prefer my fantasy a little darker and philosohical. Which is why I like malazan also.
Yep, Malazan is my favorite series ever.

Joe Abercrombie I've heard good stuff about. I got the first book in my shelf but haven't started it.
The First Law Trilogy is fantastic. The three standalone novels in the same world are awesome as well.

ragman

Reaction score

I've read the first two books of the Malazan series. Erikson's narrative style takes some getting used to, IMO.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Figure since I seen this post I will chime In. I just got done with journey of souls by Michael Newton. I'm about to start up a new book I got in today...Plato

ragman

Reaction score
Started a fantasy novel called Mistress of the Catacombs, by David Drake. Two thumbs WAY up!

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
All Quiet on the Western Front... Great read.

Also recently read:
Killing Kennedy
Killing Jesus
Killing Hitler
Killing Lincoln
All by O'Reilly, all great reads.
He seems to have some sort of interest with killing.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Eats, Shoots and Leaves
The no nonsense guide to grammar.

*Do I have to use a hosting site like photobucket to post pics on here?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Eats, Shoots and Leaves
The no nonsense guide to grammar.

*Do I have to use a hosting site like photobucket to post pics on here?

If the picture is on a local drive, yes. Otherwise, you can just post the link as an image.

ragman

Reaction score
Finished David Drake's Mistress of the Catacombs.

Started The Wolf In Winter, a mystery by John Connolly. This is #12 in the Charlie Parker detective series.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Just about finished with the first Mistborn and it's been a really good read. The "magic" caste system is really innovative and interesting.

strollinruss

Reaction score
My favorite book is the Twelve Mighty Orphans. Story about the football team at the Texas Masonic home. I'm a fairly slow reader, but knocked that book out in a few days. Couldn't put it down.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Just finished Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy.

Books one and three were very good and I was impressed some of the foreshadowing in book #1 was not addressed until the end. It seems very well thought-out despite the fact that book #1 could have been a stand alone.

I'm going to read The Watchmen graphic novel next.

My Kindle died, but I got a library card and haven't missed it. Our local libraries are great.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Just finished Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy.

Books one and three were very good and I was impressed some of the foreshadowing in book #1 was not addressed until the end. It seems very well thought-out despite the fact that book #1 could have been a stand alone.

I'm going to read The Watchmen graphic novel next.

My Kindle died, but I got a library card and haven't missed it. Our local libraries are great.
Mistborn is fantastic. I love Sanderson. Have you tried Stormlight Archives yet?