What did Greg Hardy tweet?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Thats the beauty of things we all think differently because of a lot of different reasons. I also think many are takin it too far out of context. It's about the players not the actual event and the thing is everybody knows it. It's like at times people for whatever reason choose to be offended.

damn dude. NAILED IT!!!

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Overblown in a way but when will these actually THINK before pressing SEND. SMH

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's despicable and distasteful. For those who say 'sticks and stones' might want to learn a thing about terroristic language and the laws behind it. Not saying GH was issuing a threat because obviously not, but words do have meaning especially as serious as those.

He's a moron and Jerry deserves everything he gets for signing him. You can tell Garrett has no love for Gregory or Hardy as people. Sounded like Hardy was ducking his calls by saying he made attempts and hadn't been successful reaching him yet. With Gregory he had to say "football character" when someone asked what kind of person he is.

Unbelievable how dumb he is.

:laugh:terroristic language and the laws behind it?

You then admit that he wasn't remotely threatening people. Destroying your own arguments is fun I guess.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Good lord. Who cares what the man put on his twitter or facebook or any other social media outlet. He can say whatever he wants, he is entitled to it in this country just like everyone else.

Unless he or any other player gets convicted of a crime or violates league or team rules he can do whatever and spout whatever he wants, regardless of whether or not it offends people. And he can say anything under the sun that you can think of and it would still offend someone.

I'm sick of this judge and jury crap with meaningless stuff like this. The man made a joke and as distasteful as it may be, that's all it was, a joke.

Kaiser

Reaction score
OMG! Can you believe someone made a dumb comment on Twitter??? After all, that only happens every 0.0000384 seconds. In the English language tweets anyway, I don't have the stats for other languages.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Well, he wasn't signed for his intellect.

Not sure why he'd care about what some rando says on Twitter.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He thought he made a funny but it backfired. It is not the first and won't be the last of his mistakes. Maybe he learns from this or maybe he doesn't...................

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
When I read that he had said something offensive on Twitter, I was expecting much worse. I don't know why. I should know better than to judge based on the reaction.

Having said that, the dude should probably be trying to keep a lower profile this year in hopes of scoring a much nicer contract next year. Stuff like this, while it amounts to a big ol' bag of nothing in the grand scheme, just adds to the narrative of him being a headache.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I understand where he was coming from, and I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by the comment, but it was completely in bad taste. The man is definitely going to have a sit down with the Cowboys personnel team to advise him on how to think before he posts.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As sensitive a topic as 9/11 is, if one person refers to two players as the "twin towers" and another makes a joke about the towers being blown up, that's nothing. It's two people jacking each other. The problem with young athletes is the same I see with young people everywhere...they get caught up in personal exchanges on social media. This is NOT a big deal because it wasn't someone making a joke of the tragedy; it was someone trying to talk smack about the first person using the "twin towers" as a sports reference.

My apologies to everyone who lost someone in that event or any other. Hardy's comment was unfortunate and foolish, a smack talk joke by a player who was 12 years old on 9/11. It's not criminal, and it doesn't deserve huge attention.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Clause#1 for all bonus money in all player contract should be handing over final approval to the team on all social media. install a human filter have a couple employees monitor things 24/7/365.

Spectre

Reaction score
It's not something you cut somebody over, but I'm glad he's receiving such heavy criticism for the comment. It is not the least bit surprising to me.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Expecting a pro defensive end to be politically correct is much akin to demanding that a shark be nice to seals. If Greg Hardy was inclined to be "Mr. Sensitivity," he likely wouldn't have gotten into the fix he's in now. Despite his comment being inappropriate, such misdeeds are hardly a justifiable cause for any player's knee-jerk termination.