What do people say to you when you wear your Dallas Cowboys jersey in public?

meddleroidz

Reaction score
I'm an adult. I don't wear jerseys of any kind.

I'm a grown-up
i garantee you if the cowboys start winning titles again you would have a a different response there! also come on 20s and 30s is still young, you dont wear jerseys at a game?

ESisback

Reaction score
About the only thing I wear outside the house is my ball cap with the Star. Not a lot of comments, but for every ten, I probably get 6-8 smirky “Cowboys?!?” And 2-4 “Right on!” Most times I smile back and say the equivalent of “You got it!” If the person’s annoying, I’ll say “America’s Team!” Just because I know it bothers them!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Best place to wear your jerseys other than the game is Vegas. Especially on a Sunday near the sports books. Guaranteed ‘atta boy‘ reactions or smack talk depending on how the game went. :thumbup:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
But I bet you wear Nike Logos, drive a car with a Chevy or Nissan on it. You probably display your Apple product, make sure people see you have a Yetti cooler, and your buddies know you shoot a PSE or a Glock. Wearing a jersey is just displaying a logo, nothing wrong with it.
No it's not. Driving a Honda is not the same as wearing a NFL jersey out. Come on.

Reaction score
i garantee you if the cowboys start winning titles again you would have a a different response there! also come on 20s and 30s is still young, you dont wear jerseys at a game?
I have a golf shirt. My boys got me one for Christmas. I wear it from time to time. Jerry won't get another nickel from me.

Jerseys are for children. I find grown adults wearing jerseys embarrassing. Like adults begging players for autographs at training camp

Last edited:

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
wear my parsons jersey with pride on sunday walking my german shepherd...usually only pull it out on gameday

mmohican29

Reaction score
About ready to trash mine. These guys don't care about us really... they barely care about the team themselves.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So, I wore my dark blue Dez Bryant jersey to Sam's this morning.
I'm loading groceries into the trunk and a guy a few cars down says, "The Cowboys have got to get rid of Dak Prescott."
I respond, "Don't get me started."
We both laugh, and he wishes me a nice day.

I go back into the store because I forgot to purchase an item.
I'm exiting the store and an older gentleman behind me says, "Still crying?"
I laugh, then this older woman says, something to the effect of "You have to lose sometimes."

I'm just curious what are some of the comments you hear when wearing your Cowboys paraphernalia?
I only wear a knock off old blue Cole Beasley jersey to Tom Thumb for 10%. I basically only wear it when I'm about to get in line ..hahah

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I wear a Staubach jersey sometimes. I just think he is a good dude.

Usually someone tells me Staubach was a great player, then follow up with Dallas stinks.

I don’t disagree.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The only Cowboys jersey I have is a throwback TO jersey that still has the tags on it but I have other Cowboys stuff mostly in storage. It's a great time to live in New England post Brady as those fans of the Patriots have cooled off considerably around these parts. I wear my star hat like a boss.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, I wore my dark blue Dez Bryant jersey to Sam's this morning.
I'm loading groceries into the trunk and a guy a few cars down says, "The Cowboys have got to get rid of Dak Prescott."
I respond, "Don't get me started."
We both laugh, and he wishes me a nice day.

I go back into the store because I forgot to purchase an item.
I'm exiting the store and an older gentleman behind me says, "Still crying?"
I laugh, then this older woman says, something to the effect of "You have to lose sometimes."

I'm just curious what are some of the comments you hear when wearing your Cowboys paraphernalia?
I'm a grown man...I don't wear a Jersey with another man's name on it...

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
They cross the street and give their condolences.

They put 5 bucks in my hand knowing I need it more than they do.

They hand me a bouquet of flowers and sympathy card with a gift certificate to psychologist.

They go to the local dog shelter and get me a dog to help distract my troubled mind. I currently have (20) dogs since the Cardinals and 49ers game.

They register my name with the "Make a Wish" foundation, and arrange for me to go to the Star to see the last SuperBowl we have won.

They send me gift cards for "Pretzel of the Month" club knowing that I am allergic to gluten, and break out in hives if I eat mustard.

There are so many things that happen to me as a Dallas Cowboys fan, but thre just isn't enough time or server space to record all the injustices.