What do people say to you when you wear your Dallas Cowboys jersey in public?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I stopped spending any money on the Cowboys until they hire a real GM, not a billionaire playing fantasy football.

No merchandise, no trips to the Star, no jerseys, no trading cards, no Sunday ticket, nothing.

Luckily here in Austin, almost all of the Cowboy games are televised over local network channels.

NotForLong

Reaction score
They cross the street and give their condolences.

They put 5 bucks in my hand knowing I need it more than they do.

They hand me a bouquet of flowers and sympathy card with a gift certificate to psychologist.

They go to the local dog shelter and get me a dog to help distract my troubled mind. I currently have (20) dogs since the Cardinals and 49ers game.

They register my name with the "Make a Wish" foundation, and arrange for me to go to the Star to see the last SuperBowl we have won.

They send me gift cards for "Pretzel of the Month" club knowing that I am allergic to gluten, and break out in hives if I eat mustard.

There are so many things that happen to me as a Dallas Cowboys fan, but thre just isn't enough time or server space to record all the injustices.
Hilarious

NotForLong

Reaction score
I stopped spending any money on the Cowboys until they hire a real GM, not a billionaire playing fantasy football.

No merchandise, no trips to the Star, no jerseys, no trading cards, no Sunday ticket, nothing.

Luckily here in Austin, almost all of the Cowboy games are televised over local network channels.
I strictly buy my Jerseys on the second hand Market. . . Got a sweet Romo Red White and Blue Pro Bowl Jersey . . . I get nothing but looks and smiles

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well when I was 15........
I had a Harper Jersey when I was 15 . . . Everyone said "At least you are not a front runner"

I use to really appreciate Harper. . . I enjoyed watching Terrance Williams grow into that Role . . . Then Dak Happened and we had our 1st WR Casualty

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I can't afford gear, so I usually take duct tape and make a 4 on my opossum kids' costume. I think I look cool wearing it out on the town.

John813

Reaction score
When I had a Cowboys hat you could easily sort out the Eagles and Giants transplant here as they would always go out of their way to make a comment.

"Cowboys suck"

Ok, thanks.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody admits to buying Cowboys gear, yet they lead the league in merchandise sales every year. Somebody is lying.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I usually have one of my hats on. Probably 80% of the time. At times a polo shirt.
I am proud to be a Dallas Cowboys fan, even after a butt whipping loss.

Sometimes I will wear my Bengals or Ohio State, Cincinnati Reds hat.
Now that the Rangers are in ALCS, I will wear it a few times as well.

No matter where I go I usually don't get any bad comments, maybe a Cowboys suck once in a great while. That was in 2019 the last time, in Vegas, an Eagles fan said it as he was getting on an elevator. The door closed as I said, just like an Eagles fan hide before I can have a comeback. We both laughed.
Any bad comments really come from other Cowboys fans. Or one idiot guy I know. But he is that way about everything. He is a fan hopper, goes with what team is winning in any sport. I call him out on it all the time.

Most the time, I get good comments or no comments. On my way to Florida and back and while in Florida, I never got one bad comment. Even ran into quite a few Cowboys fans wearing a shirt, hat or jersey.
The only bad comment was not really bad. A guy in an Eagles t-shirt, said I would say Dallas sucks, but I think they will be pretty good this year. But he kept walking, so I did not get a chance to say anything. This was in August.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
the last one i bought was Demarcus Ware. I don't wear it in public unless I am at the game. My son and I went to the Titans game last season. I had my Ware jersey and he had his CD jersey on.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I only wear my Staubach jersey at games. Almost all comments are about how good he was and respect for his military service. And of course the occasional "Don't you wish you had him instead of Dak?" That's when I point out that Roger is over 80 and probably can't play anymore.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Nobody admits to buying Cowboys gear, yet they lead the league in merchandise sales every year. Somebody is lying.
This place isn't an indication of Cowboy fans everywhere. There are a lot of Cowboy fans who are fine with the state of the franchise. They go out and buy the merch regardless of what's going on.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Always wearing something Cowboys.
Get comments - mostly nice.
The Cowboys have won 5 super bowls while I've been watching.
Fan since 1963.
I'm playing with house money. :thumbup: :thumbup:

exciter

Reaction score
Most common comment I get is when is Jerry Jones gonna learn you can’t buy a Super Bowl over paying outside free Agents!