What do we need (roster-wise) to catch Philly?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think, what'd be ideal would be for Detroit to get the top seed. That way, we can beat New Orleans (as that's who we'd face if the season ended today), Philly has to play SFO in the Division round, and we can clash with them in the NFCC.
What if SF beats the Eagles?

SlimBig

Reaction score
Although we have comparable skill at the EDGE position, their DL is actually clutch and wins them a lot of huge games. See Brandon Graham's sack of Brady in the Super Bowl and Josh Sweat forcing an Intentional Grounding tonight. Our guys, as much as I love them, are stat padders and show boaters. Our DL is only seemingly dominant when we're ahead multiple scores and are forcing offenses to throw. Reddick was a guy I was screaming for Jerry and Stephen to sign. He was everywhere tonight. He makes plays. The OL is also very experienced and most of them have a ton of experience playing together. You win in the trenches consistently, and it covers up a lot of sins.

Also, when you have a play as automatic as the tush push, it relieves a lot of pressure that your offense experiences trying to convert. Not many teams in NFL history can say that they have a sure bet in their playbook when everyone knows its coming. It's unique to Philly.

Not taking anything away from the success of the franchise, but they also experience a boat load of pure luck that us Cowboys fans rarely see. The two bugaboos tonight were a Mahomes pick in the end zone and a Kelce fumble in the red zone. Hurts was strip sacked tonight and the ball bounced right into his hands. I've seen that happen a lot.
Add in a friend ref whistle too.
They're gonna be a tough out.

GINeric

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

What do we need to get to their level?

We need to revamp the Offensive line and some talented space eaters in the middle of the defensive line.

We also need one more DAWG at receiver and a running back who can get the dirty yards.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Then would need the Bills and Seahawks to also beat them. And go 7-0 or 6-1 with our only loss being to Detroit. For some reason we can lose that game and still win the division if both Dallas and Philly finish 13-4.
Neither Dallas or Philadelphia is finishing the regular season 13-4.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Also, when you have a play as automatic as the tush push, it relieves a lot of pressure that your offense experiences trying to convert. Not many teams in NFL history can say that they have a sure bet in their playbook when everyone knows its coming. It's unique to Philly.
This The ability to extend drives from anywhere on the field is a distinct advantage. Knowing that if you can get to third and five and the likelihood of turning that to first and ten is highly likely changed the way your are able to manage your game. You have to answer that play

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

Right now they have a better OL and much better #2 WR than us. The rest is a wash. Their DL is probably a little better than ours, but not by much

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Discipline. Eagles usually don’t beat themselves. Coaching and players drive that. Not sure how Dallas can improve that as it’s been a problem dating back to Campo….

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching them beat the chiefs in arrowhead , my conclusion is that what separates us is the will to win. They just know how to do what has to be done to win. Sometimes it’s ugly and fortuitous , but they just win.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I mean everyone thinks they matchup better with the Eagles. They are strong at the non sexy positions. They have great lines though today….offensive line was ehh….Chiefs really rattled Hurts.
I was honestly surprised how normal and vulnerable their o line was as well as soft in the middle their d line played. Doesn’t show you its possible to beat or at least challenge them in the trenches.

visionary

Reaction score
I was honestly surprised how normal and vulnerable their o line was as well as soft in the middle their d line played. Doesn’t show you its possible to beat or at least challenge them in the trenches.
LOL they were playing the best team, best QB and best HC in the NFL and beat them and beat them so give it a rest

visionary

Reaction score

We need more consistent OL plat and a real RB but we still have that moron for a GM