what do you all think of Colt MCcoy QB Texas?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ms9221;2554235 said:
If Romo keep sqrewing us up what about drafting Colt MCcoy in the 2010 NFL Draft?

McCoy is another guy who's gonna end up being a far better college player than a pro.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'd feel more comfortable with Graham Harrell backing Romo up incase of any more broken fingers, separated rib cartilage, or back contusions.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2554399 said:
McCoy is another guy who's gonna end up being a far better college player than a pro.

you dont know that......no one does. you could be completely correct or you could be absolutely mistaken.

I personally feel McCoy can be a very good NFL QB, especially if he has to sit for a couple of years and hone his skills as a backup.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
dbair1967;2554399 said:

i totally, without question, 100%:

disagree.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Colt is eerily accurate and usually an accurate QB is a successful one.

He may not be a fit for all systems but for something with quick reads and requiring accurate throws like the WCO he is a good fit. I think he is a legit day 1 prospect and would be happy if Dallas could grab him in the 3rd round.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
dbair1967;2554399 said:

What makes you think that?

The vast majority of players will be better collegiates obviously but what exactly leads to describing McCoy thusly?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No disrespect, but Texas QBs have not exactly been all that great in the NFL.

I have concerns about McCoy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
ms9221;2554235 said:
If Romo keep sqrewing us up what about drafting Colt MCcoy in the 2010 NFL Draft?

Great College QB. Would not thrive in the NFL.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2554475 said:
No disrespect, but Texas QBs have not exactly been all that great in the NFL.

I have concerns about McCoy.

Gardere was average at best

James Brown was a game manager and turned out to be a good QB in the CFL

Applewhite was too small, but one helluva college QB.

Simms was a pampered spoiled brat who was handed the keys without having to work for it

Young was an athletic freak with a suspect work ethic. He did win rookie of the year and help his team get to the playoffs last year. The jury is still out on him.

Colt was small and fragile his freshman year. He struggled mightily his sophmore year. He has bulked up and gotten stronger this year. He has shown to be a very mobile QB in and out of the pocket. He is Texas' leading rusher. He has a strong arm and can make all the throws. He is also extremely accurate as a passer, the most accurate passer in NCAA history. In fact his accuracy could be so much better, when you consider more than half of his incompletions in several of the games were mere drops by his receivers.

Rudy

Reaction score
I would like for everyone to think "Quincy Vs. Hutchinson" whenever they start a thread about hating Romo.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Didn't like him in his first year.

Came back this season looking like a monster and playing like one. Great accuracy, cool under pressure, mobile, gains yards with his feet... what's not to like about that.

As a backup, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

thundercowboy

Reaction score
I say....draft him as soon as he comes out eligible for the NFL.
Won't hurt Romo to have some competition. MCCoy is accurate.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2554559 said:
I'd like to draft him, he's a winner.

Yeah we've heard that before regarding another "winner" from Texas.

I have news for you, being a "winner" in college doesnt mean a hill of beans in regards to how successful a pro player one will be.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Biggems;2554444 said:
you dont know that......no one does. you could be completely correct or you could be absolutely mistaken.

I personally feel McCoy can be a very good NFL QB, especially if he has to sit for a couple of years and hone his skills as a backup.

He'll have a huge learning curce, just like that other highly regarded Texas QB who flopped miserably.

They can plug just about anyone into the offense they run and make it work.

I will admit I havent watched him enough, but from what I've seen he doesnt look like a top flight NFL prospect. He definitely deserves to be drafted, but he is not a blue chip QB prospect at all.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Biggems;2554497 said:
Gardere was average at best

James Brown was a game manager and turned out to be a good QB in the CFL

Applewhite was too small, but one helluva college QB.

Simms was a pampered spoiled brat who was handed the keys without having to work for it

Young was an athletic freak with a suspect work ethic. He did win rookie of the year and help his team get to the playoffs last year. The jury is still out on him.

Colt was small and fragile his freshman year. He struggled mightily his sophmore year. He has bulked up and gotten stronger this year. He has shown to be a very mobile QB in and out of the pocket. He is Texas' leading rusher. He has a strong arm and can make all the throws. He is also extremely accurate as a passer, the most accurate passer in NCAA history. In fact his accuracy could be so much better, when you consider more than half of his incompletions in several of the games were mere drops by his receivers.

Big, your sig pic is definitely one of the best on here.

Reaction score
dbair1967;2554694 said:
Yeah we've heard that before regarding another "winner" from Texas.

I have news for you, being a "winner" in college doesnt mean a hill of beans in regards to how successful a pro player one will be.

So is Romo a "winner" in your eyes?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Over-rated passer, imo. Tough kid, good leader, but I saw them whip Missouri without throwing a single pass over 7 yards in the first half, yet he racked up over 200 yards.

I'd take several college QBs ahead of him, Okla, Texas Tech, USC, etc.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2554749 said:
So is Romo a "winner" in your eyes?

Romo is definitely a winner...went from undrafted to a multimillionaire who doesn't have to work another day in his life unless he wants to do so...oh, that's not what you meant, huh?