what do you all think of Colt MCcoy QB Texas?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
wayne motley;2554763 said:
Romo is definitely a winner...went from undrafted to a multimillionaire who doesn't have to work another day in his life unless he wants to do so...oh, that's not what you meant, huh?

dude..

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
His gf appears to be hot.

rachel-glandorf-1.jpg

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2554749 said:
So is Romo a "winner" in your eyes?

Romo is a more gifted pro passer than McCoy is.

He might develop over time, there probably werent many who thought Romo would amount to anything. But I just dont see that much to get excited about with McCoy as a pro QB right now.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2554249 said:
He plays for Texas so he sucks ;)

He's going to look like the next greatest QB to come out when the Longhorns play tomorrow night.

avaj

Dayton_Cowboy;2554830 said:
He's going to look like the next greatest QB to come out when the Longhorns play tomorrow night.

I was just about to post the same

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

no doubt about that...they are playing Ohio State

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bbgun;2554787 said:
His gf appears to be hot.

rachel-glandorf-1.jpg

upon further review:

you are correct sir.

here are the keys to your brand new pinto.:)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2554700 said:
He'll have a huge learning curce, just like that other highly regarded Texas QB who flopped miserably.

They can plug just about anyone into the offense they run and make it work.

I will admit I havent watched him enough, but from what I've seen he doesnt look like a top flight NFL prospect. He definitely deserves to be drafted, but he is not a blue chip QB prospect at all.

so you havent really watched him and yet you are going to say he cant play QB in the NFL.........good call.

Well I have watched all but 3 of his games. I didnt watch those, cause they were only available on PPV and they were playing early season scrub teams.

Colt has been able to do what he has done without a TE, since Finley left for the NFL early and Irby got injured in the Rice game. He has done it without a legit running game. Charles left early for the NFL, Scott picked Colorado over UT, and the RBs UT has just haven't produced to our liking. I will say that Davis and Applewhite aren't as patient with the run as they could be.

Colt has been very successful at UT. And IMO, he will be one in the NFL as well.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dbair1967;2554694 said:
Yeah we've heard that before regarding another "winner" from Texas.

I have news for you, being a "winner" in college doesnt mean a hill of beans in regards to how successful a pro player one will be.

Matt Leinart disagrees :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score

You do realize is was being sarcastic hence the ;)

:D

DABOYZ

Reaction score
dbair1967;2554399 said:
McCoy is another guy who's gonna end up being a far better college player than a pro.

I would have to disagree. Colt has the tools needed to be a very efficient QB in the NFL. He is also a playmaker and will carry this with him to the NFL. The NFL scouts may not be drooling over him but this kid has IT!!

Just look at the Longhorns schedule this year for proof. He lost the Texas Tech Game, but could have easily gone undefeated against one of the toughest schedules this year. The kid has been in big game after big game. He is battle tested and will be just fine in the NFL. Having him on our team would be awesome.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dbair1967;2554700 said:
He'll have a huge learning curce, just like that other highly regarded Texas QB who flopped miserably.

They can plug just about anyone into the offense they run and make it work.

I will admit I havent watched him enough, but from what I've seen he doesnt look like a top flight NFL prospect. He definitely deserves to be drafted, but he is not a blue chip QB prospect at all.

Yeah, he was only second in the Heisman voting, and set an NCAA record for completion percentage in a season... all while leading his team in rushing, because he didn't have much of a running game supporting him...

All he did was carry the Horns' offense on his back the entire season... without him, the Horns aren't much better than a .500 team this year...

Aikbach

Reaction score
I can't speak with great authority but can someone offer to me how Mr.McCoy differs in promise from Major Applewhite or Chris Simms? I ask in earnest and not to put him down, I'm curious as to why he is deemed beter since all Texas quarterbacks are good at the college level under Mack Brown and not one has produced a pro career that matches their collegiate efforts.

Again, I'm not trying to make a gross generalization of guilt by association to Colt McCoy I just want a relatively unbias case for him.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
No. No. No. A thousand times no.

McCoy is a fantastic college QB. May very well win the Heisman next year. However, he is NOT an NFL quarterback. He reminds me a lot of Alex Smith. He can execute Texas' offense to perfection, but it's an offense that isnt anything like what he would be playing in at the next level. Texas' offense is based on short throws, zone reads and misdirection. His completion % is inflated because of this, much like Vince Young's was. Texas' throws the ball 20+ yards down the field just 15% of the time. The average NFL offense throws the ball downfield twice that much.

He is projected as a mid-round pick, and he should be. He's a good athlete and might make it in this league at another position. He has good speed and can make people miss in the open field. If he stays at QB, though, he's at best a career bench warmer.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
ms9221;2554235 said:
If Romo keep sqrewing us up what about drafting Colt MCcoy in the 2010 NFL Draft?

I hate to do my best Lovie Smith impersonation but Tony Romo is our quarterback.

Aikbach

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2555180 said:
No. No. No. A thousand times no.

McCoy is a fantastic college QB. May very well win the Heisman next year. However, he is NOT an NFL quarterback. He reminds me a lot of Alex Smith. He can execute Texas' offense to perfection, but it's an offense that isnt anything like what he would be playing in at the next level. Texas' offense is based on short throws, zone reads and misdirection. His completion % is inflated because of this, much like Vince Young's was. Texas' throws the ball 20+ yards down the field just 15% of the time. The average NFL offense throws the ball downfield twice that much.

He is projected as a mid-round pick, and he should be. He's a good athlete and might make it in this league at another position. He has good speed and can make people miss in the open field. If he stays at QB, though, he's at best a career bench warmer.
You may be right, but I have a hard time separating you from Aggie glasses and respectfully I think you have a hard time removing them.

Aikbach

Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule!;2555181 said:
I hate to do my best Lovie Smith impersonation but Tony Romo is our quarterback.
It doth appear so unless you can get a Walker trade deal for him.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;2555184 said:
You may be right, but I have a hard time separating you from Aggie glasses and respectfully I think you have a hard time removing them.

I don't think so. I think Sam Bradford will be a very good NFL QB. I also think in 3 years that Robert Griffin (for those who don't know, Baylor's now sophmore QB) will be a sought after NFL commodity. I saw him in high school and was pissed when Baylor got him. He may very well resurrect the Baylor FB program by himself. He is faster than Vince Young with the arm of a pocket QB.

Aikbach

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2555190 said:
I don't think so. I think Sam Bradford will be a very good NFL QB. I also think in 3 years that Robert Griffin (for those who don't know, Baylor's now sophmore QB) will be a sought after NFL commodity. I saw him in high school and was pissed when Baylor got him. He may very well resurrect the Baylor FB program by himself. He is faster than Vince Young with the arm of a pocket QB.
Now you have me purring by bringing up my resurging alma mater:D
Griffin has a brain as well and can actually hold a conversation unlike some less articulate quarterbacks that shall go unmentioned, here's a hint; his name is Vince Young.:D