What do you think of moving Tyron Smith to Left Guard?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Moving Tyron Smith to Left Guard allows him to play at a position that should be easier on his body and hopefully allows him to remain healthy during the season. I’m sure #77 could transition to Guard with how talented and powerful he is on the outside.

The position change would create competition at the LT spot. Assuming either 2021 4th rounder Josh Ball and 2022 1st rounder Tyler Smith would be battling it out. Surely Tyler Smith would be the best bet at winning the starting spot. That is a gamble and I’m sure there would be growing pains that come with it. But it would allow him to continue playing the position he is most comfortable with and once settled we’d have our LT for the next 5 seasons at the very least.

What do you think?

I think it's a terrible spot for a player having back issues. Tyron is a strong, athletic player who deals with players who can't easily outquick him and aren't strong enough to challenge him too much too often. Inside, he would be dealing with bigger players with more power. It's a good way to end his career quicker IMO.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Listen! He may not play more than 12 games a season. But his 12 games he's a top 3 LT as of last season. I won't talk about his overall career because it speaks for itself. But I will talk about last season.

Furthermore, he's not a guard and never should be.

I also heard someone on this board the other day say his value of play to contract is worse than Zeke's? Lol!

Look at what a top 3 LT salary is vs performance and tell me how Tyron Smith is still not a value?
Thank you