What does Crawford offer?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He is an average rotational guy and people will see when he finally leaves this team he will barely see the field on another team. He is another Barry Church/Orlando Scandrick
Barry Church started every game and had 4 INTs for the best defense in the league the year after he left.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Crawford being among the top DT's at pressuring the QB was one of the reasons he got the big contract in the first place. Cowboys fans either forget the facts or do not care about the facts. No one sets the edge better than Crawford since he has been on our team.
Hmmm

Crawford has been in the league 7 years. 22 career sacks. Pressure? He is the Cole Beasley of DL. Decent player. Huge hometown bias. Overrated.

As far as setting the edge when you get stood up and carried by tackles that is not the same as setting the edge.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as setting the edge when you get stood up and carried by tackles that is not the same as setting the edge.
That does not really happen. Definitely not on consistent basis.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford being among the top DT's at pressuring the QB was one of the reasons he got the big contract in the first place. Cowboys fans either forget the facts or do not care about the facts. No one sets the edge better than Crawford since he has been on our team.

You're going to need to produce some support for these claims you keep making.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I look at it this way, how many other NFL teams would be starting this guy. Probably not a whole lot.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Hmmm

Crawford has been in the league 7 years. 22 career sacks. Pressure? He is the Cole Beasley of DL. Decent player. Huge hometown bias. Overrated.

Do you know what a pressure is?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He's not good finisher which leads to most fans underestimating his abilities. He gets consistent push and penetration. While he lacks top end burst to really finish, he does generate consistent pressure. He is also very strong which makes him money setting picks, taking on double teams, setting the edge and everything else a DE and 3 are asked to do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do. Thanks for asking.

Yeah, "pressure" = "Almost Anthony". "Pressure" is not being able to finish the job because you have no change of direction ability. "Pressure" is being the guy Aaron Rodgers easily sidesteps before he throws a bomb 50 yards down the field. "Pressure" is being on the same part of the TV screen as the quarterback. "Pressure" is close but no cigar. "Pressure" is akin to a participation trophy.

But it's a term thrown around, much like "leadership" and "run stopping", terms mentioned to deflect attention away from the fact that the guy isn't an impact player.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He had been the anchor of our D-line for years ........ How can someone not know what he does?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Like I thought. Nothing to back up the claims.

Worthless words.
lol I'm not your maid. google is free. I lived it so I know. Educate your self. Here's something to get you started on your quest for Cowboys knowledge....
google-search-coupon.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol I'm not your maid. google is free. I lived it so I know. Educate your self. Here's something to get you started on your quest for Cowboys knowledge....
google-search-coupon.jpg

Sorry! It doesn't work that way. You don't get to make bull****, untrue claims and then expect someone else to do the work.

Failure.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Don’t get why fans don’t like Crawford. Plays hard, plays well. Well liked player. It’s bizarre.

My only problem with him is that he’s been paid twice what he’s worth and produces.

Rayman70

Reaction score
good guy.
always there when you need him.
like duct-tape.
I like him.
re-structure his deal tho....but keep him.
hes been consistent..not great,not bad...works his arse off and is available. Lunch pail guy. Busts his arse every play and gets it done against the run.