What does Crawford offer?

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
His second year. Yeh they moved him because no one could or would play the 1T. I mean I blame the staff more than anything for moving a kid that had 5 sacks his first year then move him. But it was because ty craw mcclain and irving were at 3t.

His production does not match salary.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My only problem with him is that he’s been paid twice what he’s worth and produces.

Meh. He's played 8 years and made under $40MM at a position that averages $4.6MM/Yr across the league. So he's averaged $4.9MM during that time. Slightly above average. That's pretty much exactly how he's produced.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
He's aight, but thanks to Randy Gregory's and David Irving's Ganja use, Maliek Collins bunions and underperforming Hill, we are kind of stuck with him for security.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's aight, but thanks to Randy Gregory's and David Irving's Ganja use, Maliek Collins bunions and underperforming Hill, we are kind of stuck with him for security.

I think that a fair assessment. To Crawford's credit, he has done and filled in anywhere he's been asked. And the underachieving of other has made him needed. My thinking is that is no longer the case this year, but it's clear that Marinelli and the team like what he brings much more than I do.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Crawford offers a lot more than fans want to give him credit for.
He has a non-stop motor that adds to pass rush while also maintaining run duties.
He can play 3 spots on that DL.
He plays hurt and he is a team leader.

He was overpaid at the time of signing but as time has worn on it's a pretty average deal for a 3T/SDE.

He'd easily get 7.5M a year on open market today.

At one point Rod thought he as our best DL and I'd bet dollars to donuts he's day he is number 2 right now.
He's what we hope Taco grows into.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I think that a fair assessment. To Crawford's credit, he has done and filled in anywhere he's been asked. And the underachieving of other has made him needed. My thinking is that is no longer the case this year, but it's clear that Marinelli and the team like what he brings much more than I do.
I felt we can get away with using him primarily as a penetrating 3T and get maliek to back him up to avoid injuries for Maliek and make sure he plays next to a 340lb Clogging NT. But that never really happened.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I felt we can get away with using him primarily as a penetrating 3T and get maliek to back him up to avoid injuries for Maliek and make sure he plays next to a 340lb Clogging NT. But that never really happened.

I consider Crawford to be a solid rotational option at 3T. That's it at this point. You've got better starter and backup options at LE, 1T, and RDE (where he has no business playing).

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And hten what? Your point was that those guys wouldn't even see the field elsewhere....
And then what happened with barry church? Nevermind I'll help you out. He played half of the next season then was cut after 2 seasons of a 4 year deal. His first year he was lucky probably helps he was playing safety with 2 all pro corners and a d line that was the most disruptive in the nfl that year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A free 2 liter coke with the order of a specialty pizza at the Pizza Hut he owns?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
And then what happened with barry church? Nevermind I'll help you out. He played half of the next season then was cut after 2 seasons of a 4 year deal. His first year he was lucky probably helps he was playing safety with 2 all pro corners and a d line that was the most disruptive in the nfl that year.
So? That wasn't your point.

John813

Reaction score
Sorry! It doesn't work that way. You don't get to make bull****, untrue claims and then expect someone else to do the work.

Failure.

He had 39 QB pressures in 2018 from 632 total snaps. 6.14% QB pressure rate

The leader in QB pressures in the league had 106 pressures off 914 total snaps. 11.6% pressure rate.

Source for QB pressures:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/04/dallas-cowboys-tyrone-crawford-player-profile-2019/

Snaps:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrawTy00/fantasy/2018/

Fletcher Cox had 95 pressures off 830 snaps fwiw

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Fact is church sucked here and he sucked there. It took them a year to figure it out.
That's not a fact and also not what you said. In case you forgot:

He is an average rotational guy and people will see when he finally leaves this team he will barely see the field on another team. He is another Barry Church/Orlando Scandrick

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That's not a fact and also not what you said. In case you forgot:
I said barely see the field. I guess 1 year of a 4 year deal isn't barely to you, but it is to me. And its a fact. Another Jag lover

Chuck 54

Reaction score
What does he offer? Veteran savvy, experience, versatility, pass rush, strength, run stopping, and leadership.
In the NFC East, stopping the run will always be #1, and none of the young guys have proven they can do that yet.