What does everyone do for a living?

dallasblue05

Reaction score
I actually have a pretty unique job. I am a Boom operator on a KC 135 Stratotanker. I have been in the Air force for over 2 yrs now and I get paid basically to fly around a refule other airplanes in-flight. Now I do that here in the states, but when I go overseas, i do it there to, which means flying in hostile territory. The cool thing is, we mostly refuel fighter and bomber aircraft over there, which means, when someone gets bombed, or a fighter is lighting up the enemy, we made that possible by providing the fuel nessesary to get them there. You can see pictures on yahoo by typing in KC 135 or in-flight refueling pics and searching under the images category. Its a huge responsibility, but as with any other job, I love doing it, so it gives me a huge sense of not only pride, but a kind of different perspective on things as well.......

Duane

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
I work for the South Florida Bulls (USF) football team. Hopefully this'll get my foot in the door of a professional team sometime in the near future. My dream would be Valley Ranch, but I'll settle with One Buc (they're getting a new facility anyway...really nice)
What kind of work for the team?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IrvingCowboy, awesome job you got there. Any F-14s on your ship? Should be the D models right...the "Bombcat"? It's my fav plane of all-time next to the Mustang.

Duane

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
I assist the Director of Football Operations. Hopefully, one day, it'll be me.
That's really cool bro... To the guys in the service my hat is off to y'all. Sounds like you have interesting jobs while serving your country, thanks for the service.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yeah, it is cool, Duane. This'll be USF's first season in the Big East. So it should be fun. We all got goosebumps raising that Big East flag on main campus. Can't wait.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac said:
yeah, it is cool, Duane. This'll be USF's first season in the Big East. So it should be fun. We all got goosebumps raising that Big East flag on main campus. Can't wait.

Go Big East!

Also heard that the main reason they Picked USF over some other worthy schools was because they (big east schools) want to still have connections in Florida.

BTW...Go WVU! :)

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Go Big East!

Also heard that the main reason they Picked USF over some other worthy schools was because they (big east schools) want to still have connections in Florida.

BTW...Go WVU! :)

It's kinda funny...we're trying to wonder who will be our first rival team. Louisville and Pitt seem to be the logical teams because of the previous association with Conference USA, but it'll be fun to get some new ones going with 'Cuse and WVU.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac said:
It's kinda funny...we're trying to wonder who will be our first rival team. Louisville and Pitt seem to be the logical teams because of the previous association with Conference USA, but it'll be fun to get some new ones going with 'Cuse and WVU.

Will just have to wait and see how it plays out.

So since I have not seen hardly any of the USF games....who should I keep an Eye out for...the playmaker or playmakers on the team?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Will just have to wait and see how it plays out.

So since I have not seen hardly any of the USF games....who should I keep an Eye out for...the playmaker or playmakers on the team?

First and foremost...Andre Hall, RB. Could've went pro last season but decided to stick it out. He's a JUCO transfer. It's a shame we couldn't have him around a full four years. Good runner who gets a lot of yards after the first hit. Not a big guy...maybe 5'8'', 200, but he's quick and elusive.

S.J. Green, WR. Big target at 6'5'' 220. The whole WR corps is pretty young. Hopefully they can handle playing in front of bigger crowds. That's why they picked USF anyway.

The problem is at QB. Pat Julmiste had a horrible season last year. He's penciled as the "starter" right now but the incoming freshman (Carlton Hall) is said to be the next Michael Vick...hopefully he doesn't listen to that hype. Talk about pressure. The other QB is Courtney Denson, a transfer from Auburn. He's the primary competition for Julmiste. Many speculate he'll be the starter very soon.

On defense, you need to keep an eye on Tim Jones (DE) and Stephen Nicholas (LB).

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac said:
First and foremost...Andre Hall, RB. Could've went pro last season but decided to stick it out. He's a JUCO transfer. It's a shame we couldn't have him around a full four years. Good runner who gets a lot of yards after the first hit. Not a big guy...maybe 5'8'', 200, but he's quick and elusive.

S.J. Green, WR. Big target at 6'5'' 220. The whole WR corps is pretty young. Hopefully they can handle playing in front of bigger crowds. That's why they picked USF anyway.

The problem is at QB. Pat Julmiste had a horrible season last year. He's penciled as the "starter" right now but the incoming freshman (Carlton Hall) is said to be the next Michael Vick...hopefully he doesn't listen to that hype. Talk about pressure. The other QB is Courtney Denson, a transfer from Auburn. He's the primary competition for Julmiste. Many speculate he'll be the starter very soon.

On defense, you need to keep an eye on Tim Jones (DE) and Stephen Nicholas (LB).

Thanks for the Info....I will be eager to check them out when WVU plays them this season.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
IrvingCowboy, awesome job you got there. Any F-14s on your ship? Should be the D models right...the "Bombcat"? It's my fav plane of all-time next to the Mustang.

No more F-14s in the fleet, Aikmaniac... the last squadron made thier final deployment and returned on the Harry S. Truman in April. I loved that jet too, just the sound of it, that big bird whistling like that made the hair stand up on the back of your neck... haunched over like it was ready to jump on something and destroy it. I loved being underneath them when going into tension on the catapult just before launch, kneeling her down and feeling the intake sucking on the back of my float coat, what a rush. I almost was run over once by a Tomcat during a premature release of the holdback, I had just run out and the holdback gave out... the plane went about 70 feet down the track before the pilot slammed on the brakes and backed off the throttle.. if it had happened about 1.5 second earlier (as evidenced by the video of the entire incident) I would have been run over. That happened 10 years ago and I still remember it like it happened yesterday. There's a healthy fear you have to have about all these birds on the cat.

The F-14 has been replaced by the SuperHornet... it can do so much more but I still miss the "Anytime, Baby" attitude.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Sales/Marketing Manager for a motocross distributor, mostly parts for crf50's, 125/pitbikes, 250 and 450 parts for all 4 majors. If anyone rides and buys parts, shoot me an e-mail, I will send you some info. Before this I worked as a Sales Rep in the Computer Industry.

LSUAmy

Marcus Spears' #1 Fan
Reaction score
Right now, I'm simply surviving off my parents' money, lol. I'll be a college freshman at LSU in the fall... hopefully have a job there working on the newspaper, tv program, or radio program. We'll see.

After under grad and grad school, I plan to work as a newspaper or magazine reporter and travel the world! I haven't decided which field of journalism yet... I love sports (obviously), but I love politics and feature stories as well.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Irving Cowboy said:
No more F-14s in the fleet, Aikmaniac... the last squadron made thier final deployment and returned on the Harry S. Truman in April. I loved that jet too, just the sound of it, that big bird whistling like that made the hair stand up on the back of your neck... haunched over like it was ready to jump on something and destroy it. I loved being underneath them when going into tension on the catapult just before launch, kneeling her down and feeling the intake sucking on the back of my float coat, what a rush. I almost was run over once by a Tomcat during a premature release of the holdback, I had just run out and the holdback gave out... the plane went about 70 feet down the track before the pilot slammed on the brakes and backed off the throttle.. if it had happened about 1.5 second earlier (as evidenced by the video of the entire incident) I would have been run over. That happened 10 years ago and I still remember it like it happened yesterday. There's a healthy fear you have to have about all these birds on the cat.

The F-14 has been replaced by the SuperHornet... it can do so much more but I still miss the "Anytime, Baby" attitude.

That's a bummer. I knew this day would come when the Tomcat would be decommissioned. I was hoping they'd keep it around a bit longer because of it's long range targeting capability with the Phoenix.

Wow...that was close on the catapult incident. Glad everything turned out ok there.

I was this close to going to the Naval Academy in Annapolis when I got the news that I was colorblind. My dream was to become a fighter pilot and fly that beautiful big bird. I was in top physical shape and had perfect vision but my colors were off. So now I have a job in football...so, it's all good.

Thanks for the info and more importantly, thanks for your service.

laythewood28

Reaction score
Currently a student at Manchester Community College here in CT. Work at the local Marriott as a D.R.A. (dining room attendent). Studying Sports medicine to become an Athletic Trainer.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
... for the plastics division of an agricultural tractor and implement company.