What does Jason Garrett actually do?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Next Puppet up.. lol
th
What head coach with any self-respect would take over a team, without having total control who would put their reputation on the line. A new young startup. Would that be better than Jason, I'm sure some would think so. But I'm not taking over a team unless I can choose my coaches put in my scheme choose my players.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Without his headset Garret is lost. It's his security blanket, and the only thing that makes him feel like a man.
I'm curious who he's talking to, with that headset

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That's actually exactly what I said. the same exact plays. Just the new ones is the innovation of them change. Now you get it finally. Exactly what my first post said curious that you chose not to comprehend correctly

Exact same and change mean opposite things.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It’s high time we stopped concentrating on Jason Garrett and started concentrating on who our next head coach is going to be.

Kris Richard? Kellen Moore? Lincoln Riley?

And I know the Sean Peyton rumors just won't go away; although I can't see that happening.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He stays out of the way and allows Booger & Son to run the show, that is his job and why he was hired. They let him walk, another just like him is coming in the door. Hopefully, better on the sideline during games but no HC is stealing his thinder.

Booger once said he didn't want a "walk around HC" then, as it often happens reverses himself and makes him a walk around HC. Just has to make sure he walks out of the camera shot when Booger is in it.

The other thing he does is study the book "1001 Creative Ways to Drop F Bombs".

RS12

Reaction score
Steals 5 mil a year. Plays footsie with Charlotte during the draft. Not bad if you can get it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Says "Yes" all day and night to Jerry!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's done an excellent job of taking all the blame and none of the credit for building a good, young team through the draft.
Yea, history will probably be more favorable on Garrett than some vocal fans on social media.

Fire407

Reaction score
Jason wants to be the players buddy. He will pat a guy that comes to the sideline after making a horrible play or penalty. He throws the football around with the guys at practice and before games, almost to show that he used to be a quarterback. He holds up one finger after every TD and somehow the cameras are on him when he does, so it looks like he's really coaching. In reality he should really only emphasize when they are going for 2. Of course in the Rams game he held up a finger and then someone told him that in that situation they should be going for two. The game got held up for over a minute because Jason was confused.