What does Jason Garrett actually do?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It's not his offense.
It's not his defense.
He doesn't call plays.

What does he actually do that any figurehead like Switzer or Campo couldn't do?

I made this point more than a year ago. Best I could come up with was he makes the practice schedule and decides when to call timeouts and throw the challenge flag during games. Those last two he sucks at so I’m waiting for those responsibilities to be taken from him. I guess at that point it will be obvious it’s time to fire your head coach that basically has nothing to do except watch others coach and run a football team.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Garret’s job is to prepare the guys, lead the guys, keep them motivated. He’s the leader

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
It's not his offense.
It's not his defense.
He doesn't call plays.

What does he actually do that any figurehead like Switzer or Campo couldn't do?

Changed the culture from an inept excuse driven one to accountability. His teams never quit. Players love him. Oh, and we’re likelythe most stacked unit in the nfl. But what the hell do you k ow, ‘he claps too much’. It’s called leadership, drive and vision. If you can’t see that go root for the giants.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is Motivation

For all his faults he’s never lost the team not once
That is a myth, unless you talk privately to all the players who have played under him, you cant possibly know.
you would also have to convince players you would not repeat or write about what they say.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
He pushes play on movies , errr... motivational movies .

giphy.gif

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The bad thing about Garrett is that it's a double-edged sword with him this year. He sucks, and well, we get to watch a lame duck season. Or he takes this team super deep into the playoffs and we might get stuck with him longer. Pick your poison. LOL