What ever happened to Dale

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I used to always look forward to Dale's posts. He based his opinions on logic and football knowledge. Never had an agenda. He was a pleasure to have around.
What was the name of the old forum that some of used to belong to again? I think it was called the "Silver Star" or something. Was that the site that this turned into? I'm pretty sure Woods, Chief, p1, Dale, Boozeman and others were members. Those are some of the first names I remember. I think it was from that site that I got here. I used to be "BigD", but there was a "BigDBoy" that used to post all the time and people referred to him as BigD so I changed to "BIGDen". For some reason "The Corral" pops into my head as well. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure I do...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
BIGDen;2681775 said:
I used to always look forward to Dale's posts. He based his opinions on logic and football knowledge. Never had an agenda. He was a pleasure to have around.
What was the name of the old forum that some of used to belong to again? I think it was called the "Silver Star" or something. Was that the site that this turned into? I'm pretty sure Woods, Chief, p1, Dale, Boozeman and others were members. Those are some of the first names I remember. I think it was from that site that I got here. I used to be "BigD", but there was a "BigDBoy" that used to post all the time and people referred to him as BigD so I changed to "BIGDen". For some reason "The Corral" pops into my head as well. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure I do...

Pretty funny some of us old timers like Chief and me went all the way back to the Sporting News Boards

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hostile;2681023 said:
He never wrote blogs.

Dale got hired by the San Antonio Express News. He still reads from time to time, but in an effort to maintain a professional unbiased perception of himself as a journalist he needed to quit posting.

His real name is Chad Peters. Look for his stories on the Express News site.

Oh by the way, he got married last June and I was there for his wedding. Beautiful girl. He did very well for himself.

Oh wow that's awesome! I used to talk to him quite a bit on messenger back in the day. Cool dude.

Did he marry that girl named Ann? Or some type of A name?

That's awesome to hear. He was a BA about getting training camp info.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile;2681023 said:
He never wrote blogs.

Dale got hired by the San Antonio Express News. He still reads from time to time, but in an effort to maintain a professional unbiased perception of himself as a journalist he needed to quit posting.

His real name is Chad Peters. Look for his stories on the Express News site.

Oh by the way, he got married last June and I was there for his wedding. Beautiful girl. He did very well for himself.

Tell him I said congrats and I am going to kick his rear for not inviting me to the wedding, lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He said he chose his username because he liked Dale Carter.

How random is that?

I even plagiarized one of his papers he gave me. Sorry Dale.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BIGDen;2681775 said:
thecowboys.net was our previous home. I believe there was a group together on the sporting news forums before that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;2681804 said:
Oh wow that's awesome! I used to talk to him quite a bit on messenger back in the day. Cool dude.

Did he marry that girl named Ann? Or some type of A name?

That's awesome to hear. He was a BA about getting training camp info.
Yes, her name is Anna and she is a very nice girl.

I got to meet Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express News at his wedding. That is Dale's Editor. That guy respects Dale like no writer he has ever had.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hostile;2681881 said:
Yes, her name is Anna and she is a very nice girl.

I got to meet Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express News at his wedding. That is Dale's Editor. That guy respects Dale like no writer he has ever had.

That is nuts.

Very cool to hear that though.

He was still hear around the time all the "moxie" adds started popping up for Tony Romo so he couldn't have been gone that long.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I sent Dale the link to this thread. he asked me to send you guys this message.

Dale said:
Wow that is so wild. Can't believe so many people remember me. If you can, please send my best to everyone. There's a lot of great people here who I really miss chatting with on a daily basis.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I remember Dale from way back. Miss his posts and his camp reports. Great to hear that he is doing well for himself though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
boozeman called Dale's Training Camp chat sessions "Dale-a-palooza."

Those were the all time best chats too.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hostile;2681934 said:
I sent Dale the link to this thread. he asked me to send you guys this message.

Dale... where is that $20 you owe me...

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Hostile;2681972 said:
boozeman called Dale's Training Camp chat sessions "Dale-a-palooza."

Those were the all time best chats too.

I remember those chats, i still don't know how I made my way to thecowboys.net chats, but I'm glad I found you guys.

I still remember how I chose this screen name, it was either you or Boozeman that suggested i change my screen name from Hutchfan, to EveryoneElse.

It was because everytime someone entered the chat session, they would say " Hi TooHostile, Hi Booze, hi everyone else".

Good times.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2681990 said:
I remember those chats, i still don't know how I made my way to thecowboys.net chats, but I'm glad I found you guys.

I still remember how I chose this screen name, it was either you or Boozeman that suggested i change my screen name from Hutchfan, to EveryoneElse.

It was because everytime someone entered the chat session, they would say " Hi TooHostile, Hi Booze, hi everyone else".

Good times.

Remember the callout thread? "Chat ya bastids"... good times... :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
trickblue;2681994 said:
Remember the callout thread? "Chat ya bastids"... good times... :D
If boozie ever came back that's the thread I'd look forward to.

:lmao2:

Simpleton

Reaction score
Hostile;2681986 said:
Long time no see, where have you been hiding?

With the rest of the exiled at DCC, I read these boards but don't post, I figured I'd make an appearance in a thread about Dale and how he was kind of a young prodigy, I figured it was appropriate.