What exactly did Mike Singletary do/say?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
"Change is coming." Sounded just like Obama but he didn't blame everything on Bush.

Look for fire and brimstone every week from this guy. It worked eons ago in the NFL. Today, forget about it.

Guaranteed contracts. Bonuses. Salary cap era. No trade clauses.

It would be priceless if Coughlin traded Plaxico to SF next year?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2376697 said:
Yeah your right. Phillips and his career of being an interim is doing so well.
if some one has the guts to give Singletary a shot, it will pay off.

Jerry like puppets I keep forgetting.

Jimmy and Parcells were puppets?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2376728 said:
Puppets after Jimmy, Puppet after Parcells. How many years between real coaches?

he didnt hire Wade to be a puppet....you might could make that argument about Switzer, Gailey and Campo, but he hired Wade because he was one of the most highly regarded 3-4 defensive coaches around and had a track record of producing bigtime defenses, something we sorely needed

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2376645 said:
I love this guy. He has more heart alone than our whole coaching staff, and a bunch of Cowboy players.

I agree. Although he wasn't the first one on my list for HC for the Cowboys, I would've like him to be, wouldn't have been disappointed with him, this rant makes me wish we had him more, or maybe it's just because we have coach cupcake.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;2376767 said:
he didnt hire Wade to be a puppet....you might could make that argument about Switzer, Gailey and Campo, but he hired Wade because he was one of the most highly regarded 3-4 defensive coaches around and had a track record of producing bigtime defenses, something we sorely needed

Well it aint working and Jerry sure sounds like the HC lately. Looks puppet to me. Phillips is nothing but.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2376794 said:
Well it aint working and Jerry sure sounds like the HC lately. Looks puppet to me. Phillips is nothing but.

Jerry may have voiced his displeasure and concern to motivate his head coach to be more aggressive and it may have worked. Will they be able to keep it up especially if the offense continues to struggle as led by Brad Johnson.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2376648 said:
Heart: 1
Wins: 0

Singletary has no control over the talent (or lack thereof) on that roster. Plus, it's HIM that has the heart, not their players.

If our players had Singletary's heart we'd be undefeated.

dbair1967;2376671 said:
I'll bet no on the wins...

Only cuz that team has no talent.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
The ploy he pulled with Davis can be very effective with certain teams. Other teams, the players will roll their eyes and move on. I think things like that are all about knowing the pulse of your team. Now, with Singletary just coaching his first game, I'm not sure he can have such a feel for his players just yet.

TraceActions

Reaction score
I'm glad he made the switch at QB. Shaun showed he can lead their team on the field at the end of last season.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
RainMan;2376943 said:
The ploy he pulled with Davis can be very effective with certain teams. Other teams, the players will roll their eyes and move on. I think things like that are all about knowing the pulse of your team. Now, with Singletary just coaching his first game, I'm not sure he can have such a feel for his players just yet.

He's only new there as a HC. He's been there for two years (I think).

kbman

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2376645 said:
I love this guy. He has more heart alone than our whole coaching staff, and a bunch of Cowboy players.

:hammer:

silver

Reaction score
5Stars;2377169 said:
So...what exactely did Vernon Davis do?

drew a stupid flag. grabbed or punched a linebacker in the face mask after the play was over, and apparently nonchalantly left the field which poed singletary.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
RainMan;2376943 said:

He's been an assistant how long there now? He has a feel for his players just plenty. I think assistant coaches often times have more of a feel for players than the head coach does simply because of more one on one interaction.

Head coaches are most of the time having to focus on the general team while the assistants are the ones having more interaction with the players.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Rack;2376948 said:
He's only new there as a HC. He's been there for two years (I think).

Exactly Rack. If anything he has an ADVANTAGE on knowing what buttons to push with players because he has spent more individual time with them than a head coach would.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2376386 said:
:hammer:

I will also throw in what Tom Couglin did as well. Benching players that aren't performing, like he did Brandon Jacobs.

We could use alot of that around here, even with a big win.

Seems as of late, God himself is taking care of that.

"I give thou a hole in the roof, for all the world to see and thoust playist as such!?!"

~listen for the thunder, see the lightening filled skies and screams of the guilty~

Hailmary

Reaction score
silver;2377189 said:
drew a stupid flag. grabbed or punched a linebacker in the face mask after the play was over, and apparently nonchalantly left the field which poed singletary.

He didn't slap, grab or punch the guy, he sorta poked his fingers at the guy's face mask. Definitely deserved a flag (for taunting), but in my opinion, it wasn't all that dramatic.