What exactly did Mike Singletary do/say?

Hailmary

Reaction score
Nors;2376417 said:
And team will quit on him soon.

The new NFL -

I don't disagree w/ Singletary's actions, but lose a couple more games and it'll be Mutiny on the Bounty all over again.

Mariucci brought up a good point. You can berate a guy in the privacy of the locker room, but you have to be very careful when doing it in front of the cameras. I'm not sure if it was all that necessary (or helpful) to embarrass someone like that.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dunno. On one hand he says what is said in the locker room stays in the locker room......yet this comes on the heels of him throwing Vernon Davis under the bus and telling the world what he just said to Davis. So.....which is it?

Time will tell whether this approach works or not. I'm all for telling Vernon Davis to take a hike, I am not all for telling the press exactly how I did it and what was said.

Stay tuned.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2376936 said:
Singletary has no control over the talent (or lack thereof) on that roster. Plus, it's HIM that has the heart, not their players.

If our players had Singletary's heart we'd be undefeated.

Only cuz that team has no talent.

They do have talent......JT o sullivan is just a scrub

I want Singletary here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ozzu;2377389 said:
[youtube]hfYhYft8dwI[/youtube]

Why when is it when im listening to this press conference it just feels like Singletary is going to start singing this song.

[youtube]EwTZ2xpQwpA[/youtube]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I like Mike. Absolutely great player. I am on the fence about what he did. Call out a player is one thing, but he probably went just a bit far.

One of two things happen after this. He fired a shot across the bow of his players ship and they will come alive, or he just shot himself in the foot and sunk his team. (ie they turn on him after this)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rack;2376264 said:
Any transcripts of what he said and/or did?

He ragged on a player to the media during his post game conferance. The guy deserved to catch hell but throwing players under the bus in my view is a mistake.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2377403 said:
Why when is it when im listening to this press conference it just feels like Singletary is going to start singing this song.

[youtube]EwTZ2xpQwpA[/youtube]

:lmao2::lmao:Chocolate Rain!!!!!!!!

He ragged on a player to the media during his post game conferance. The guy deserved to catch hell but throwing players under the bus in my view is a mistake.

I don't think he ragged on him as much as he explained his actions.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377481 said:
:lmao2::lmao:Chocolate Rain!!!!!!!!

I don't think he ragged on him as much as he explained his actions.....

I guess that is a matter of opinion. I think if you have an issue with a player then take care of the matter in house not to the media.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377486 said:
I guess that is a matter of opinion. I think if you have an issue with a player then take care of the matter in house not to the media.

how did he take care of it in the media????

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2377490 said:
how did he take care of it in the media????

With his post game comment? You may think it is cool but most players don't and if this was a non-issue it would not be getting the attention it is getting from the media.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I'm a huge Singletary fan.

It'll be interesting to see how the team in general and Davis in particular respond to this.

This guy learned under Ditka and and there are a lot of simularities ... the old school black-and-white, the emotion, the bluntness. It could work, but he has to know his players real well and has to know when to back off.

Either way, it will be interesting to watch and I think the NFL could use more personalities like this.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377493 said:
With his post game comment? You may think it is cool but most players don't and if this was a non-issue it would not be getting the attention it is getting from the media.

Q : Why did you bench vernon davis and send him to the locker room.
A: I didn't like his mind set I want to change the way players think.....I'd rather play with 10 guys then some that's cutting corners......

Once again he explaining his decision I don't see how that's him handling anything with the media.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sarge;2377288 said:
I dunno. On one hand he says what is said in the locker room stays in the locker room......yet this comes on the heels of him throwing Vernon Davis under the bus and telling the world what he just said to Davis. So.....which is it?

Time will tell whether this approach works or not. I'm all for telling Vernon Davis to take a hike, I am not all for telling the press exactly how I did it and what was said.

Stay tuned.

What he told the world what he said to davis isn't necessarily what he actually told to davis.

thekavorka

Reaction score
nyc;2377412 said:
I like Mike. Absolutely great player. I am on the fence about what he did. Call out a player is one thing, but he probably went just a bit far.

One of two things happen after this. He fired a shot across the bow of his players ship and they will come alive, or he just shot himself in the foot and sunk his team. (ie they turn on him after this)

I agree that those are the two possibilities. But that team was already sinking. If he hadn't said anything, that team would continue to sink. It was a risk he took, but I think it was a necessary risk.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
lane;2376367 said:
from what i saw ...he looked like a lost idiot.

i posted a thread about him being our next head coach a while back.

i feel like a complete moron.

What an assinine comment:lmao2:

Singletary has the exact attitude that the Cowboys need....

Can we trade Wade for Mike?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I love that Singletary will jump on a player and tell them what is what....however, he did not have to let THE WORLD know.....jump the players butt and keep it within the team....and they will respect you for it.

WarC

Reaction score
lane;2376758 said:
man...that was so awful..

brad johnson awful.

This is a new category of Fail, folks.

Look for it in the years to come, in the sports world and in the political arenas.

When Iran invades Israel, history will know the new holocaust as "brad johnson awful".

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;2378063 said:
What he told the world what he said to davis isn't necessarily what he actually told to davis.

So he made Davis look like a tool on National television and he really didn't say that to him? Ya that makes sense. :rolleyes:

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2376368 said:
No he didn't.

Some of that crap should be going on here.

Vernon Davis slapped another player, he should have been thrown under the bus.

Funny, along with the negative X-Rays on Witten, Jay Glazer also reported that the 49ers are likely to give Mike Singletary the job.

Jay Glazer even stated that a source inside the organization said that Mike Singletary will probably turn the job down but one of the high ups said he would convince him to take it.

Yes he did.

Getting thrown under the bus is not necessarily a bad thing.
Some people deserve that.