What GB and SF has that DAL doesn't

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
They operate as a team. They didn't have individual egos and monikers like Hot Boyz, The Lion, and Here-Ws-Go.

They don't have players making more money in endorsements than they make in salary.

Same culture, same outcome next year.
Heart???

kskboys

Reaction score
You may be right. I think the defense definitely needs to play a more cohesive style. And, the offense doesn't need WRs who pout when they don't get the ball. Offenses are best when they spread the ball around to different players using different plays.

But There were some things on Saturday that I saw that separate Dallas from the other teams playing.

I saw strong defensive lines that do not give ground in the running game. Almost every team has at least one guy on the interior DL that made an impact in the game. The Ravens had a couple. Dallas has 0.

I saw LBs running to the ball and making tackles. LBs were diagnosing plays early and getting to the point of attack.

I saw defenses playing aggressively, not back on their heels and definitely not soft.

I saw no name offensive lines opening holes for the RBs.

I have some observations about the Green Bay team. They have a bunch of nobodies on the OL and yet they gave their QB all day to throw against a very good 49ers defensive front. Love looks great in that pocket, not so great when he is hurried as he was when he threw that INT to end the game. Green Bay uses maximum protections to keep Love clean. We saw why at the end of the game. Under pressure he gets really sloppy.

I saw the GB OL open holes against one of the best defensive front against the run in the league using WRs to block DEs. Whoever the OL coach is for GB, he deserves a promotion.

I saw some horrible clock management by SF, and Green Bay. It was worse than anything I saw from McCarthy. We are too critical of our guys.

I saw some QB play that was pretty awful, a lot worse than Dak last week. Purdy threw several passes that should have been easy INTs, and a couple could have been pick 6s. I saw him overthrow receivers very badly most of the game. I saw Love throwing ducks off his back foot again, and finally under pressure he threw a really bad INT across his body into the middle of the field - at a completely covered receiver.

Purdy played horribly and everyone knows it. Everyone saw it. The 49ers won because they could run the football and stop the Packers from scoring TDs. If Dallas had those things they would have beaten GB. I saw from the way the other QBs played, Dak is good enough. His team is not.

I am right were I was at the end of last year now. Dallas has to run the football and stop the run. We need to get an impact DT, some real LBs, and better run blocking by the offense. If Jerry fixes these things in the offseason, the Cowboys will be right there at the end.
BALT's and SF's backup DT's would be standouts on this team.

kskboys

Reaction score
That has to be the strangest pick in recent memory, and that is saying something. It’s wasn’t a need, and it wasn’t BPA. It was just bizarre.
It never made any kind of sense at all. I don't mind the player, though Schooner is a project. The earliest you take him is the 4th. And I would've been OK w/ that, I guess.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Packers and 49ers have organizational structure. Each level of management understands the scope of their authority and responsibilities. The management chart is clear and unambiguous. One person is authorized to make specific decisions and is held accountable. There is no decision by committee.

I can't stress how important that is. No employee or player can go ask "mom" if "dad' says no.

kskboys

Reaction score
You may be right. I think the defense definitely needs to play a more cohesive style. And, the offense doesn't need WRs who pout when they don't get the ball. Offenses are best when they spread the ball around to different players using different plays.

But There were some things on Saturday that I saw that separate Dallas from the other teams playing.

I saw strong defensive lines that do not give ground in the running game. Almost every team has at least one guy on the interior DL that made an impact in the game. The Ravens had a couple. Dallas has 0.

I saw LBs running to the ball and making tackles. LBs were diagnosing plays early and getting to the point of attack.

I saw defenses playing aggressively, not back on their heels and definitely not soft.

I saw no name offensive lines opening holes for the RBs.

I have some observations about the Green Bay team. They have a bunch of nobodies on the OL and yet they gave their QB all day to throw against a very good 49ers defensive front. Love looks great in that pocket, not so great when he is hurried as he was when he threw that INT to end the game. Green Bay uses maximum protections to keep Love clean. We saw why at the end of the game. Under pressure he gets really sloppy.

I saw the GB OL open holes against one of the best defensive front against the run in the league using WRs to block DEs. Whoever the OL coach is for GB, he deserves a promotion.

I saw some horrible clock management by SF, and Green Bay. It was worse than anything I saw from McCarthy. We are too critical of our guys.

I saw some QB play that was pretty awful, a lot worse than Dak last week. Purdy threw several passes that should have been easy INTs, and a couple could have been pick 6s. I saw him overthrow receivers very badly most of the game. I saw Love throwing ducks off his back foot again, and finally under pressure he threw a really bad INT across his body into the middle of the field - at a completely covered receiver.

Purdy played horribly and everyone knows it. Everyone saw it. The 49ers won because they could run the football and stop the Packers from scoring TDs. If Dallas had those things they would have beaten GB. I saw from the way the other QBs played, Dak is good enough. His team is not.

I am right were I was at the end of last year now. Dallas has to run the football and stop the run. We need to get an impact DT, some real LBs, and better run blocking by the offense. If Jerry fixes these things in the offseason, the Cowboys will be right there at the end.
Gotta have LB's on the field for LB's to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big_D

Reaction score
But you have to admit, we desperately needed another TE so we could sit him on the bench.
Not just that particular move, there’s been plenty of head scratching decisions over the years and bargain hunting on top of it. They always think they’re in better shape than they actually are. The dynamic duo are the kings of overvaluing the roster.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They operate as a team. They didn't have individual egos and monikers like Hot Boyz, The Lion, and Here-Ws-Go.

They don't have players making more money in endorsements than they make in salary.

green bay's quarterback just threw 2 interceptions, defense dropped an INT, and the play call late was suspect, lost a close game to the 9ers..same thing happened twice to us.. I don't see huge difference, 9ers are on level of the own but soem luck is in play.. so many missed opportunities to intercept brock purdy in the playoffs is crazy,.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not just that particular move, there’s been plenty of head scratching decisions over the years and bargain hunting on top of it. They always think they’re in better shape than they actually are. The dynamic duo are the kings of overvaluing the roster.
Their biggest weakness is DT. They absolutely do not understand the position and how it affects every layer of your D.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Packers and 49ers have organizational structure. Each level of management understands the scope of their authority and responsibilities. The management chart is clear and unambiguous. One person is authorized to make specific decisions and is held accountable. There is no decision by committee.

I can't stress how important that is. No employee or player can go ask "mom" if "dad' says no.
the 49ers have been really good and at times GREAT but they haven't won a SB since 1994.. perfect management huh where all the wins in the biggest games? and with green bay how many NFC championships did they lose in row and still keep the coach? there was also some suspect play calling that lost those games....have not won a SB or been to once sine 2010??

i'm not saying that they're not great organizations but that this is like another overreaction.. the gap is not that big IMHO

but the complaints around here why are you still cowboy's fans? go trade them in on GB and 9er jerseys some of our mortal enemies once again being talked up in our forum..

Big_D

Reaction score
Their biggest weakness is DT. They absolutely do not understand the position and how it affects every layer of your D.
They don’t seem to get tired of watching this D get run over. It’s disturbing at this point.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Look at the Cowboys run scheme on offense, think about the basic plays then look at the teams that actually try to draw up good plays.

Now, look at teams that stop the run and their front 7, now remember what Dallas threw out there.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
green bay's quarterback just threw 2 interceptions, defense dropped an INT, and the play call late was suspect, lost a close game to the 9ers..same thing happened twice to us.. I don't see huge difference, 9ers are on level of the own but soem luck is in play.. so many missed opportunities to intercept brock purdy in the playoffs is crazy,.
Love threw 2 picks once he had to play catch up. They weren't great...but no where near the horrible blunders Dak made.

Also...Love's 1st season starting....andbhas far superior arm talent than Dak.

Dak is in year 32...and still has Deer in Headligjts look once he faces a good team.

CapnCook

Reaction score
I've never seen a cadence embroidered on a hat for sale
$_12.JPG

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

Yeah....huge.

And that's why teams like SF or Philly can "right the ship" quickly once they realize things are going south.

Philly literally won a Superbowl, signed a HUGE franchise QB (wentz) to mega deal, got out of that deal, rebuilt whole team and coaching staff and got the NEW team back to the Superbowl in FIVE SEASONS.

It takes Jerruh 5 years just to find a janitorial company willing to clean all the urine stains off his office floor.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Here we g
He did use it in commercials. Haven't seen a here we go commercial so far. May be you'd feel a lot better if he went and started a country music career like another QB and also have a weekly radio show commitment.
Here we goooo doesn't fit with yogurt and mattresses I guess

Guys that win titles can do whatever they want. That's what goes with being in elite territory

Shameless self promoting when you're a serial gag artist is a bad look. JMHO

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

They have a running game, big LB’ers and good OL and DL’s.

lostar2009

Reaction score
And LB's that weigh more than 200 lbs and a DTs that dominate the guys in front of them. Scheme and playcalling don't mean crapp if you're getting dominated.
Play calling still have strong weight.

willia451

Reaction score
That GB/49er game was what playoff football is supposed to look like.

Very refreshing.

Even when the Cowboys win in the playoffs (which is exceedingly rare) they don't look like THAT.

If fact. I can't remember the last time I saw a Cowboy team that did.

Maybe the 90s?