What GB and SF has that DAL doesn't

Croomraider

Reaction score
Clock management is also a talent they have and we for sure don't.
Kyle Shanahan took a possession with 4 minutes left in the half. Milked the entire
clock and kicked a FG at end of half. Yes the FG was blocked but the coach
did the exact right thing. Left no time on the clock for GB to score before half.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
They operate as a team. They didn't have individual egos and monikers like Hot Boyz, The Lion, and Here-Ws-Go.

They don't have players making more money in endorsements than they make in salary.

Same culture, same outcome next year.
They have QBs that don't choke in the playoffs. Their QBs give them a chance to win....and even if they aren't on their A game they don't just sabotage the entire team by throwing a billion INTs right at the onset of the game...game changing Pick 6s. Every QB will occasionally have a bad playoff game....but Dak has choked against every good team he's faced in the playoffs.

Those teams also have good oLines and RBs. Good TEs. Good coaches. Good LBers.

And most importantly good organizational structure with legit GMs and player personnel depts. And they have great organizational football culture

We have Salesman Jerruh and his Idiot son Fredo...and a culture of softness and Yes Men and podcasts and tweets.

Other than that we're pretty even.

GMO415

Reaction score
They have QBs that don't choke in the playoffs. Their QBs give them a chance to win....and even if they aren't on their A game they don't just sabotage the entire team by throwing a billion INTs right at the onset of the game...game changing Pick 6s. Every QB will occasionally have a bad playoff game....but Dak has choked against every good team he's faced in the playoffs.

Those teams also have good oLines and RBs. Good TEs. Good coaches. Good LBers.

And most importantly good organizational structure with legit GMs and player personnel depts. And they have great organizational football culture

We have Salesman Jerruh and his Idiot son Fredo...and a culture of softness and Yes Men and podcasts and tweets.

Other than that we're pretty even.
CDs, Micah, and Dak's own family members want their loved ones out of Dallas. Hope Jerry is listening

Cmac

Reaction score
Running game that works. John Elway, once Terrell Davis showed up, changed his post season outcome in the Big game. We need to start somewhere.....fix the OL and the run game will be more viable.

Rayman70

Reaction score
SF AND GB has a known standard by which they operate. They practice it, and mean it. Dallas talks about it but doesn't invoke it during practice or game day. Its one thing to talk about doing it, its another to enact it daily. Dallas is party central.

Creeper

Reaction score
You may be right. I think the defense definitely needs to play a more cohesive style. And, the offense doesn't need WRs who pout when they don't get the ball. Offenses are best when they spread the ball around to different players using different plays.

But There were some things on Saturday that I saw that separate Dallas from the other teams playing.

I saw strong defensive lines that do not give ground in the running game. Almost every team has at least one guy on the interior DL that made an impact in the game. The Ravens had a couple. Dallas has 0.

I saw LBs running to the ball and making tackles. LBs were diagnosing plays early and getting to the point of attack.

I saw defenses playing aggressively, not back on their heels and definitely not soft.

I saw no name offensive lines opening holes for the RBs.

I have some observations about the Green Bay team. They have a bunch of nobodies on the OL and yet they gave their QB all day to throw against a very good 49ers defensive front. Love looks great in that pocket, not so great when he is hurried as he was when he threw that INT to end the game. Green Bay uses maximum protections to keep Love clean. We saw why at the end of the game. Under pressure he gets really sloppy.

I saw the GB OL open holes against one of the best defensive front against the run in the league using WRs to block DEs. Whoever the OL coach is for GB, he deserves a promotion.

I saw some horrible clock management by SF, and Green Bay. It was worse than anything I saw from McCarthy. We are too critical of our guys.

I saw some QB play that was pretty awful, a lot worse than Dak last week. Purdy threw several passes that should have been easy INTs, and a couple could have been pick 6s. I saw him overthrow receivers very badly most of the game. I saw Love throwing ducks off his back foot again, and finally under pressure he threw a really bad INT across his body into the middle of the field - at a completely covered receiver.

Purdy played horribly and everyone knows it. Everyone saw it. The 49ers won because they could run the football and stop the Packers from scoring TDs. If Dallas had those things they would have beaten GB. I saw from the way the other QBs played, Dak is good enough. His team is not.

I am right were I was at the end of last year now. Dallas has to run the football and stop the run. We need to get an impact DT, some real LBs, and better run blocking by the offense. If Jerry fixes these things in the offseason, the Cowboys will be right there at the end.

TheHerd

Reaction score
What were the terrible passes Love made against Dallas? I don’t remember any.

He only had 5 incompletions, 2 of which were when they already had 48 points and brought him back into the after his backup failed to move the ball and the Cowboys were running up garbage time stats.
The TD to the TE. He literally had to stop, turn his body, and put his back to the goal line. That ball was 8 yards behind the optimum target. Point is, it didn’t have to be anything but a pass to the correct half of the field he was so wide open. Our defense doesn’t put any pressure on receivers son the passes didn’t have to be even good. They just had to be passes.

TheHerd

Reaction score
....and after the poor throw, Love was able to forget it and move on rather than, over think the reasons, write a thesis and apportioning blame ....which appears the Cowboys way.
No, the poor throws were long gains or TDs because we didn’t have a defender within 15 yards of the receiver.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
They operate as a team. They didn't have individual egos and monikers like Hot Boyz, The Lion, and Here-Ws-Go.

They don't have players making more money in endorsements than they make in salary.

Same culture, same outcome next year.
Owner that doesn't meddle with the football side of the operation. SF owned by Denise, daughter of original owner Ed DeBartolo...90% ownership....and GB is a publicly owned, non-profit corporation with stockholders.

Don't have to tell you about Dallas. One word, Doomed.