What happened to Cole Beasley

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I find all this stuff funny, do you guys realize how bad Irvin would be if he had twitter? you guys are so mad at a guy who wants to win. its laughable. sit back, relax. the guy wants to win and you guys are angry about it. Irvin would be ripping this team year 1 if he had twitter or social media. let it go.

Cole: I want this to win,

Cowboy fans: screw you buddy GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT CRAP Winning. ha, we dont want winners on this team, we want RKGs that know how to loooooooooooooooose and keep quiet about it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Most overrated player on the roster. Guy also believes he is better than he is. I have been off his bandwagon for a couple years.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out his complaints when late in the year his ankle was so messed up he would come off the field almost every other down? What did he expect?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
My favorite memory of Beasley was on a play where he did not make a catch but rather celebrated the team's comeback win. In the first game of the 2015 season, the Giants took the lead late and with around 90 seconds remaining in the game, the Cowboys drove down the field. With 10 or so seconds remaining, Romo connected with Witten for the game winning touchdown. What caught my eye more so than teammates running to Witten to celebrate was Cole Beasley's reaction in the end zone. He held up his hands to signal touchdown and punched the air. That's the guy I want on the Cowboys.

That is one of my favorite Cowboys games. That one will, for whatever reason, forever stand out in my mind. That final drive by Romo was a thing of beauty. I really thought the season was going to be special starting off that way, and then, Romo got hurt. Little did I know it was the beginning of the end for Romo.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With a new baby, you think he would be wise and say the right things. To get a contract if not in Dallas, then anywhere to support his family.
No he may have damaged that, to the amount offered. Then again maybe those other teams don't care.

I am fine if he stays or leaves. He was not the big difference maker than he thinks he is. The proof is when Cooper came in. And we seen how that actually did improve the team.

I actually prefer they let Beasley walk and keep Austin. At least Tavon will attempt to return punts.

morasp

Reaction score
In free agency I think he will get priced out of the cowboys budget for a slot receiver. The Patriots go through small quick guys all the time rather than overpaying so I doubt if we'll be any different. Austin is a better punt returner and he could possibly fill that role and there are some good ones in the draft this year. Andy Isabella from UMass would be a good one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really like Beasley and I think the Cowboys are better with him on the team, but I prefer the Beasley from previous years who seemed to be focused on making plays and wanting to win no matter who makes the play. I want the guy who defied the odds at his size to not only play in the NFL, but make game winning plays. I want the guy who was easy to root for and was a great role model for younger football players who may not check all of the boxes on the physical requirements of being an NFL wide receiver.

My concern has less to do with his ability and more to do with his attitude which is something I pointed out throughout the season.

He was in a contract season and was likely expecting (unrealistically) to be the top guy given the receivers we had when we started the season. When that did not work out, he seemed to mope and pout on the field. When teammates would score, he would not run over to congratulate them or even celebrate the score on his own. He would simply turn and walk back to the sidelines while everyone else was celebrating.

He likely knows that at his size, the moment he loses his quickness, whether to injury or age, his career is over at least new contract wise, so he was likely hoping to cash in on one big contract just in case that happens in the next 3-4 years. Because of how the season played out, his perceived value likely declined especially after the end zone drop on a simple pass earlier this season that everyone, including other teams, saw happen.

In any case, as a free agent, odds are good some other team is going to think to themselves, "He's a great slot receiver and in OUR system, he can make more plays for us than he did in Dallas" so they will sign him to a really nice 3-4 year contract. Dallas on the other hand primarily views him as a slot receiver and will value him as such.

My favorite memory of Beasley was on a play where he did not make a catch but rather celebrated the team's comeback win. In the first game of the 2015 season, the Giants took the lead late and with around 90 seconds remaining in the game, the Cowboys drove down the field. With 10 or so seconds remaining, Romo connected with Witten for the game winning touchdown. What caught my eye more so than teammates running to Witten to celebrate was Cole Beasley's reaction in the end zone. He held up his hands to signal touchdown and punched the air. That's the guy I want on the Cowboys.

I think there is just as much frustration in the locker room over this offense as there is with fans. How could there not be?

So he's probably getting questions about it all the time and just got bored and went on social media and made that comment.

I'd like Cole Beasley back at the right price. He makes Dak Prescott a much better QB. But if a 25 year old Adam Humphries is available and is a similar price then i'd go that route.

Regardless.. This is the social media era and I think we all need to relax a little when a player says something on social media because it's going to be the norm now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have Cole Beasley, and Pittsburgh has to deal with Antonio Brown.
But at least they will get a draft pick for Brown, we will get rid of a want-a-be rapper. Maybe a comp pick.

Which is better? :laugh:

Staubacher

Reaction score
Agree with all of it, I can't get him off the team fast enough. I've got no problem with his game play and he's certainly contributed to this team. All that said I've never seen such negative body language from a professional. He played disinterested and looked like Eeyore out there. I think at this point he's setting a very negative example to a young football team and I'd take his keys to the front gate today. All you need to do is look at Allen Hurns to see how a professional who didn't have the season he wanted handles himself.
Lol Hurns made some comments earlier on the season and was absolutely trashed around here all season until he broke his leg and became a sympathetic figure.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like Beasley and I think the Cowboys are better with him on the team, but I prefer the Beasley from previous years who seemed to be focused on making plays and wanting to win no matter who makes the play. I want the guy who defied the odds at his size to not only play in the NFL, but make game winning plays. I want the guy who was easy to root for and was a great role model for younger football players who may not check all of the boxes on the physical requirements of being an NFL wide receiver.

My concern has less to do with his ability and more to do with his attitude which is something I pointed out throughout the season.

He was in a contract season and was likely expecting (unrealistically) to be the top guy given the receivers we had when we started the season. When that did not work out, he seemed to mope and pout on the field. When teammates would score, he would not run over to congratulate them or even celebrate the score on his own. He would simply turn and walk back to the sidelines while everyone else was celebrating.

He likely knows that at his size, the moment he loses his quickness, whether to injury or age, his career is over at least new contract wise, so he was likely hoping to cash in on one big contract just in case that happens in the next 3-4 years. Because of how the season played out, his perceived value likely declined especially after the end zone drop on a simple pass earlier this season that everyone, including other teams, saw happen.

In any case, as a free agent, odds are good some other team is going to think to themselves, "He's a great slot receiver and in OUR system, he can make more plays for us than he did in Dallas" so they will sign him to a really nice 3-4 year contract. Dallas on the other hand primarily views him as a slot receiver and will value him as such.

Friends/family/fans blow smoke up players skirts telling them they're great and that they're better than other players on the team.

Getting paid well over a million a year also changes people. Players can live in mini-mansions with maids, cooks, etc.. I know personally that making big money went to my head for a few years and I turned into the type of arrogant arse that I tend to despise.

Lastly, Beasley's biggest issue is his wife. Social media shows that she is a drama queen and if he was more famous she should be on one of those "Wives of..." or whatever they're called shows.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Lol Hurns made some comments earlier on the season and was absolutely trashed around here all season until he broke his leg and became a sympathetic figure.

Never heard a single word from him, and have no sympathy for anybody. I just didn't see him walking around with his bottom lip dragging the ground like Beasley.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Either he has always been this way and is just becoming more public with his opinions or he is hanging around with someone that is filling his head with this garbage.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I like Beas, I just think his time here has run its course, he is a very good slot WR, but he may think he is more than that. So he will get an opportunity to shoe that else where next year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who can explain attitude? Especially when we see changes in it.

I think this started with the haircut. When he cut off his locks, he became morose and sullen on the field, no joy in the game. Then there was that time we all got down on him and Mrs. Beasley cussed us out. Living with her might have rubbed off on him.

Then, there's the personal side of it that we are not privy to and there could be something going on because I agree with your observation, he looks mad all the time on the field and his interactions with his teammates are not what they used to be. The biggest surprise of the FA's kept this off season would be Beasley. And I think it is mutual, he doesn't want to be a Cowboy.

stiletto

Reaction score
Sometimes it's better if people just move on, even talented ones. It happens in every work environment.

DFWJC

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no denying that he's effective when the ball is going his way with regularity. I honestly don't understand why we haven't looked his way more.
I really have to wonder why they changed if he was effective, which he was.