What happened to Cole Beasley

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Sqealers are going to have a pretty big cap hit hickey when they move on from Brown if they do it this year. It's such a big hit, IIRC, that it's almost prohibitive to do it this year.

But if he is traded, don't the team he goes to takes on that cap hit. Unless renegotiated, but then same thing. Or is there still some kind of cap hit. Not sure what the rules are anymore, as they seem to always change.

Satchel89

Reaction score
I said it on an earlier post, I used to really like Beasley. I always like cheering for the underdog but he has turned into a selfish crybaby who thinks he's a better player than he actually is. Good riddance

kskboys

Reaction score
The fact he made Dak better when on the field before amari got here got to his head...I think daks inabilities to hit other WRs made Beasley feel as if he was more deserving for other/more touches
Not up to Dak who is in his progressions. Beas might be his 3rd/4th option on most plays.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
But if he is traded, don't the team he goes to takes on that cap hit. Unless renegotiated, but then same thing. Or is there still some kind of cap hit. Not sure what the rules are anymore, as they seem to always change.

There's still a cap hit on the Steelers for any signing bonus money that would normally be spread over the life of the contract for cap purposes. If he's dealt, they take what's left of that hit this year.

kskboys

Reaction score
It seems to me as if Beas is a strange little dude. Left TC in an apparent pout.

Maybe his true nature is simply coming out. Adversity often does that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
My tinfoil hat wearing alter ego would say the FO orders the reduction of targets to a receiver
about to enter free agency to keep the salary and the signing bonus lower.

I don't know why some folks think Jerry's worried about money. Jerry has more money than most countries. It's about Jerry's ego.

Jerry traded for Cooper - he wants to look brilliant for doing it. Jerry gives someone a big contract - he wants to look smart for doing it.

SSoup

Reaction score
He's about to hit 30 and he's looking at a less hot free agency market than he and his people probably got their hopes up for after hitting a pretty nice peak a few years ago. I understand being frustrated and thrashing around a bit trying to explain away his decline.

It's a little funny to complain that he's not the football- and team-focused guy he used to be. I mean, he's still the kid who literally made us talk him out of retiring during training camp in his rookie season. I'm just glad we got as long and productive a career out of him as we did with a minimum of sideshows and melodrama.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Not up to Dak who is in his progressions. Beas might be his 3rd/4th option on most plays.
I doubt Dak gets to his 3rd or 4th option very much if ever which may explain Beasley seeing writing on the wall when it comes to touches

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
All of you that want Beasly gone are gonna regret that.

Dude is clutch and has moved the chains alot more than you're remembering.

They just need to figure out how to use him more.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love him. But he’s a 30 yo role player. He’s replaceable.

He probably didn’t like that he got replace by Gallup in the Cowboys lineup.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Added a video of the play I mentioned in my original post but posting it here as well ..

Watch Beasley at the top of the screen after Witten catches it.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I doubt Dak gets to his 3rd or 4th option very much if ever which may explain Beasley seeing writing on the wall when it comes to touches
This is the problem which is to say Dak is the problem. A hard working talented fan favorite gets thrown under the bus when his frustrations arise from the inadequacies of the Fraud that is Dakota Prescott. Poor Dez . . . oh wait a minute . . . poor Beasley. Everyone on this pathetic message board are in agreement Beasley is a problem and they fantasize about everything from his wife to Amari to his rhymes as being the problem. Yet throughout this circle-jerk of a post not one person mentioned the inadequate, inaccurate, incredibly late to make a Decision future 100 millionare RB who doesn't run but attempts throws every now and again QB Dak.

It's Dak . . . Dak all day and Dak alnight.

Dez had a problem Williams has a problem. Hurns had a problem Beasley has a problem . Witten never complained but he had a problem. The Offensive line has a problem. Linehan had a problem.Towards the end of the season when adjustments were made even Amari began to develop a problem

Yet you koolaid drinking fandom seam to have no problem. Amazing really. Daks performance on the field is putrid and he has personally caused the digression of every WR he has come in contact with.

Yet simpletons will quote numbers they see on paper. But I compare those stats to fake breasts a whig and makeup. Put them on a man, will that make him pleasing to the eye? Maybe but underneath is still and ugly dude that is not a woman.

Dak is not a QB. But go ahead fools take comfort in foolish things.

For I will always appreciate Beasly and I have Nothning but sympathy for him. I truly feel bad that he too had to have his rep tarnished by this foolish fan base his only sin was playing with a fraud at QB

blumayne38

Reaction score
This is the problem which is to say Dak is the problem. A hard working talented fan favorite gets thrown under the bus when his frustrations arise from the inadequacies of the Fraud that is Dakota Prescott. Poor Dez . . . oh wait a minute . . . poor Beasley. Everyone on this pathetic message board are in agreement Beasley is a problem and they fantasize about everything from his wife to Amari to his rhymes as being the problem. Yet throughout this circle-jerk of a post not one person mentioned the inadequate, inaccurate, incredibly late to make a Decision future 100 millionare RB who doesn't run but attempts throws every now and again QB Dak.

Dez had a problem Williams has a problem. Hurns had a problem Beasley has a problem . Witten never complained but he had a problem. The Offensive line has a problem. Linehan had a problem.Towards the end of the season when adjustments were made even Amari began to develop a problem

Yet you koolaid drinking fandom seam to have no problem. Amazing really. Daks performance on the field is putrid and he has personally caused the digression of every WR he has come in contact with.

Yet simpletons will quote numbers they see on paper. But I compare those stats to fake breasts a whig and makeup. Put them on a man, will that make him pleasing to the eye? Maybe but underneath is still and ugly dude that is not a woman.

For I will always appreciate Beasly and I have Nothning but sympathy for him. I truly feel bad that he too had to have his rep tarnished by this foolish fan base his only sin was playing with a fraud at QB
I agree

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Players get tired of being slighted. He's frustrated. He wants his chance to shine. He feels like he's getting open but isn't getting the ball.
I can't say I blame him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

So tell us how you REALLY feel about Dak?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Didn’t Dak have like a streak of 25 straight drives without a TD? That’s horrible
Its all horrible. For ex. I didn't know that stat in particular but I do know what I see. And the fact you brought it up doesn't surprise me because of my memories of watching every game. I can't even fathom how good and talented this team truly is. Because of the player at the key position is trash at playing QB. This team is so talented it has allowed Dak to scrap and fight for wins. Wins in games that would be decided at halftime with a QB with NFL talent.

It seams as if its a sort of Karma that this team is the youngest most talented team (capable of carrying the Fraud that is Dak.)

A team I feel has had the most talent since those 90's. A team I would give the credit to Jerry for building (credit I would never give him for those 90's teams) finally he is at that point to accept the label of a Super Bowl Building Champion. . . but it will never happen with Dakota. . . Karma? Yes Karma for dumping Romo and force feeding Dak down our throats. Jerry would already have his championship in 2016 if not for his meddling.

Now all he has is one of the most talented teams in the league that struggles to score 16 pts. And a fandom that is divided that is split right down the middle. Because of one man Dakota. The one he tried to force to be what he isnt, the one Jerry chose over the NFL GURU. Dakota the only player in the NFL that gets defended no matter what he does and those same delusional out of touch fans dismiss any criticism as hate and Nothning more. Cowboy is in a sad state indeed. This off season its Beasley under the bus. I give Amari another 8 games before he starts pouting .( He never says a word but he's gonna be pissed when he's not producing in his contract year) look what he did with the Raiders when he became discontented he stopped catching the ball.