What if. Next season

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t think dez will be cut but I do see the logic in it if you could get an elite wr in rnd one
Dez is still a better receiver than many give him credit for but he’s paid like a top 5 and he’s not now
Some is the system

There are no real elite WRs in his draft like a Julio Jones or AJ Green.

waving monkey

Reaction score
A realistic possible scenario:

I would prefer new coaches but realistically I don't see that happening. The offensive scheme is what I dislike the most. New WR coach added.

Keep Jerry away from the War Room on draft days. Just mention Zeke and Goodell...

Keep
DLaw - Franchise
Irving - Tender
Hitchens - Re-sign
Cooper - Re-sign

Cut
Scandrick
Dez - After training camp

Add
Poe 1-year, 8M
Backup OT -free agent
1st round WR
2nd round LB
3rd round RB/Receiver with "juice"

Witten and Rico split snaps 50-50

No Safety or RDE in top 3 rounds or FA.

Noah Brown, the new WR and Rico play 90% of snaps in the preseason.
Martin?

kevm3

Reaction score
We should keep Bryant. If theres a #1 receiver there, sure, draft him. Otherwise, we need to go defense. I really hope we don't burn any picks at TE because they're not getting on the field for any meaningful offensive snaps other than being a blocker as long as Witten isn't retired.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's time to turn the page on Scandrick

Please

I’m not in the game day threads, but it sounds like the tide really turned on him this year, huh?

You’re not going to find a cheaper better option next year, and teams always need CBs. He’s gone the year after, though. And he’s probably done in the slot.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then you can't really use his cap savings.

Your obsession with dumping Bryant and structuring an entire offseason around dumping him is, frankly, idiotic.
Yes, you can use the cap savings.

If you negotiate to buy a car for $500 per month at 60 months and you say that's too much, then they offer $500 per at 48 months, you save $6000 but you don't see the savings for 4 years.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is Dez the problem when he's the most productive receiver on the team? Shouldnt the focus be on upgrading from the likes of Brice Butler and Terrance Williams? Some of you guys are so backwards
He is only productive because they force the ball to him repeatedly. If you throw me 100 passes in an NFL game I'll catch one.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say Keep Dez, move him to slot, trade for Martavis Bryant, sign Josh Brown...offense complete...Unstoppable...Defense....drink heavily....
movieposter.jpg

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Jeff Heath should take the blame for being a progress stopper in regards to Rico. If only the guy could comprehend that the goal in practice isn't to give your young up and coming athletic tight end a freaking season ending concussion! That still makes me bitter. Rico, throughout the season, would have definitey helped transition witten from full time TE to part time TE! He was already showing flashes in preseason games!

rwalters31

Reaction score
A realistic possible scenario:

I would prefer new coaches but realistically I don't see that happening. The offensive scheme is what I dislike the most. New WR coach added.

Keep Jerry away from the War Room on draft days. Just mention Zeke and Goodell...

Keep
DLaw - Franchise
Irving - Tender
Hitchens - Re-sign
Cooper - Re-sign

Cut
Scandrick
Dez - After training camp

Add
Poe 1-year, 8M
Backup OT -free agent
1st round WR
2nd round LB
3rd round RB/Receiver with "juice"

Witten and Rico split snaps 50-50

No Safety or RDE in top 3 rounds or FA.

Noah Brown, the new WR and Rico play 90% of snaps in the preseason.
Some are good but others are head scratchers. I thought this was going to be a defensive draft for the Cowboys?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Jeff Heath should take the blame for being a progress stopper in regards to Rico. If only the guy could comprehend that the goal in practice isn't to give your young up and coming athletic tight end a freaking season ending concussion! That still makes me bitter. Rico, throughout the season, would have definitey helped transition witten from full time TE to part time TE! He was already showing flashes in preseason games!

It was Frazier not heath.