What if. Next season

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
A realistic possible scenario:

I would prefer new coaches but realistically I don't see that happening. The offensive scheme is what I dislike the most. New WR coach added.

Keep Jerry away from the War Room on draft days. Just mention Zeke and Goodell...

Keep
DLaw - Franchise
Irving - Tender
Hitchens - Re-sign
Cooper - Re-sign

Cut
Scandrick
Dez - After training camp

Add
Poe 1-year, 8M
Backup OT -free agent
1st round WR
2nd round LB
3rd round RB/Receiver with "juice"

Witten and Rico split snaps 50-50

No Safety or RDE in top 3 rounds or FA.

Noah Brown, the new WR and Rico play 90% of snaps in the preseason.

not fooling me, govnor.
You fashion a breathtaking, exciting post that a rational GM would love.
But, how am I to know that you won't backslide? And end up, again, contesting what I say when you know I am the brains in this outfit....
Answer me, glasshoppel.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'll take a punch in the face if they can get those players.

This team has to lead with offense.

I'll give you another defensive free agent with the 12.5M saved from cutting Dez if that helps...

I'll punch you .... rather, let me rowdy muscle boys punch you. Locimus and Trouty! Punch him!
Anything that works, because this team, with 2 or 3 added personnel, can fall flat or go to the Super Bowl.
It's a thin line we walk, cairngorms ruffian.

garyo1954

Reaction score
not fooling me, govnor.
You fashion a breathtaking, exciting post that a rational GM would love.
But, how am I to know that you won't backslide?

You're on to something!

Not a single thing would change if any one of these guys owned the Cowboys. Rather than complain about Jerry Jones, the complaints would be about whatever poster was the owner. Simple reason:

They can't get out of their own way.

They want to be owner, GM, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and every player on the field. No doubt a few would pull a Robert Irsay. Sit in the owners box, draw up a play, call it down and tell the coaches, "Run this or start looking for a new job."

A few would suit up at halftime to throw a few passes, catch them themselves and run 98 yards for the TD. Every play. Then without fail they'd make the tackle on the kickoff, play defensive line, LB, and CB making tackles and interceptions all over the field!

We might not win many, but we'd be relevant again having the most interesting organization in sports.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have that elusive Wal-Mart video tape. TMZ isn't paying what i want, but I'm always happy to help out a Zoner.
You kept a copy...because Jerry already paid 1 million for it. The one he bought was a cell phone video, not from the Walmart camera.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witt won't come out of the game. Broadus said this the other day. They asked him why Switz doesn't get a chance on the field and he said because Witt won't come off the field.
That's a Garrett issue. He won't take Witten out of the game.

He did something similar with Free. Back about 2012 Callahan wanted to bench Free. Garrett said no but Jerry ended up telling Garrett to work something out and they ended rotating Free and Parnell the final 4 games that season. It was all because Garrett is buddies with Free and Witten.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How many posts a week are you going to slip in about cutting dez?
It has to be done.
OR:
Subject our team to another year of average play from this overpaid "superstar" AND prevent
Dez from pursuing another chance in another city.
As for both Dez and Witten, dont play them here until the wheels fall off of them.
Do it, Jerry!
Move on from 2009.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It has to be done.
OR:
Subject our team to another year of average play from this overpaid "superstar" AND prevent
Dez from pursuing another chance in another city.
As for both Dez and Witten, dont play them here until the wheels fall off of them.
Do it, Jerry!
Move on from 2009.
Because Jerry reads this forum?

Verdict

Reaction score
Witten is the ultimate team player. If they want him out more he will be out more. Like any player he wants to play but he’s not gonna throw a fit if his reps are cut in half

No he's not. He is selfish. He stays on the field every snap even though in doing it he keeps a more productive player off of the field. That's not a team player. That's a me first player.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because Jerry reads this forum?
I think you would be surprised who reads this message board. The majority of the local Dallas area sports media for certain. Many players/ex-players. Rumors of people close to Jerry.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This message board is a big deal. Some posters less so. Lol
Well I’m from Canada so I’m humbly going to accept that no one from the Dallas Cowboys reads my posts. And I can guarantee you that no one in the cowboys organization is going to cut Dez Bryant because you and a few posters on her repeatedly say it.