What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

Proof

Reaction score
I am curious Ronnie, (and others). How do you "enjoy" the ride? How does this "enjoyment" manifest itself? Do you skip instead of walk? Are you constantly singing happy songs as you go through your day? Do you spontaneously break into dance throughout the day?

Some of you guys are flat out nuts with the way you let both sports, and other sports fans affect your mood/attitude.

Hell of a virtue signaling thread, though. This will clear up who are the real fans, vs the unreal fans. lol
needing how to enjoy something spelled out for you is some of the most miserable ish i've come across lol. imagine trying to belittle people for being happy.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I am curious Ronnie, (and others). How do you "enjoy" the ride? How does this "enjoyment" manifest itself? Do you skip instead of walk? Are you constantly singing happy songs as you go through your day? Do you spontaneously break into dance throughout the day?

Some of you guys are flat out nuts with the way you let both sports, and other sports fans affect your mood/attitude.

Hell of a virtue signaling thread, though. This will clear up who are the real fans, vs the unreal fans. lol
I think its easy to explain, if your someone who is taking each season as its own your probably enjoying this season more than a fan who is waiting for the other shoe to fall because of the past...i dont think either is way is correct or incorrect, i just think one is probably enjoying the wins without half thier brain saying "Dont buy it, they will lose, look at the past 28 years"...

Dunks3001

Reaction score
Seems like that's what happened with the Texas Rangers. Everyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop and then you look up and see they are one strike out away from winning it all.

Just enjoy the winning

rambo2

Reaction score
27 years isn't the distant past. Trends are a real thing.
Believe me. I would love to be wrong.
Good, I have felt that this is one of their best teams ever from day 1 of the season and here they sit with the best record in the league.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
needing how to enjoy something spelled out for you is some of the most miserable ish i've come across lol. imagine trying to belittle people for being happy.
How is that any different than a mostly (greatly) false accusation of miserableness?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
You are not wrong. Some people just like to complain for the sake of complaining.

Im all in, EVERY SEASON in hopes that this is the year. I enjoy every weekend of NFL football. It sucks when we get eliminated... but Im miserable for a day or two and then I move on anxiously awaiting the start of the next season.

But I damn sure enjoy each and every Cowboys game all year, every year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Funny you say that..."personal". If you didnt see it on both sides of those ridiclous board mashing fights yer blind. Or took it too personal.
oh, yeah, didn't mean to say its one sided. some people have a personal affinity for Dak. there are a lot whose hate towards him is on personal level.

yeah, the extremes were/are ridiculous

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Man, some of y'all worry WAY too much about what strangers think, or say on a message board. Yes, you're wrong, and honestly I'd find a therapist and dig deep into why you're so worried about that type of stuff.
You’re sort of doing what you’re accusing him of.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fixed it for you. But to be fair, I am seeing improvement. I don't see all the interceptions that I saw last year. I mean of course he's going to have one here or there but I've noticed the frequency had gotten significantly low.
interestingly it happened once Moore is gone. he got progressively worse under moore, as Moore was exposed and DCs learned how to counter his offensive scheme

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This team could win the Super Bowl and half this board would be saying it doesn’t mean anything if they can’t repeat.
yep... If Jerry cant win back to back like Jimmy did, it doesnt mean jack.

Only when Jerry wins back to back will his ego be satisfied.......smh

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don't forget to flip that coin...it works both ways.
yeah, extremes on both sides for sure. point being that if we do happen to win, those who hated him, will not be able to enjoy the cowboys win, as they will be looking to knock Dak, vs. those who overtly support him will be over jubilated (happy) and credit him for it. the point being ability to enjoy it if it happens.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's better than getting exciting and come to the realization that nothing has changed. That's happened to me many times. Not going to happen to me again. If they win a division game and make it to the NFCCG or SB I will be as happy as everybody else.
If things have changed, they have changed. You cant only say they have changed if you win a SB.

Proof

Reaction score
How is that any different than a mostly (greatly) false accusation of miserableness?
take your whataboutism's elsewhere my friend. i applaud you for always sticking up for the the clowns of the board, but i don't particularly want to engage it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If things have changed, they have changed. You cant only say they have changed if you win a SB.
It needs to actually happen first before you can "it's changed".

If we beat Tampa again in Tampa, and get blasted by SF again, nothing has changed.

In the meantime, I'm cheering them on!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
take your whataboutism's elsewhere my friend. i applaud you for always sticking up for the the clowns of the board, but i don't particularly want to engage it.
Ooh...somebody got mad when I pointed out the hypocrisy!

Use the same logic...it's not THAT big a of a stretch.

By the way, always felt me n Ronnie were buds. I just disagree with the broad net of internet psychology being casted here.

Proof

Reaction score
Ooh...somebody got mad when I pointed out the hypocrisy!

Use the same logic...it's not THAT big a of a stretch.

By the way, always felt me n Ronnie were buds. I just disagree with the broad net of internet psychology being casted here.
not mad, i just think it's silly and notice you do it often. not something i'm particularly inclined to go back and forth about. there's an element of hypocrisy, but i don't think they're comparable at all.