What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

leeblair

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
Honestly, who cares?
Jerry has crapped on the fans for the last 15 years, forcing us to endure Jason Garrett and hyping every season and bragging about selling the Cowboys to gullible fans.
These aren't the Cowboys we grew to love from the past. These are pumped up athletes putting on a show for entertainment- just like the WWF.
The Lions, Colts, and Texans games last year were enough to make real fans vomit.
If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl it will be because of the NFL deciding thats what they want. It will have nothing to do with the football these actors throw around.
Do you really think the three field goals vs the Eagles were anything more that a show of talent?
Don't gamble on another man's game.

coult44

Reaction score
It's better than getting exciting and come to the realization that nothing has changed. That's happened to me many times. Not going to happen to me again. If they win a division game and make it to the NFCCG or SB I will be as happy as everybody else.
And in all honesty you should have to sit at the back of the train when everyone’s celebrating!!! It’s like the one employee who cries during the entire project but wants to get all the same satisfaction and rewards when the jobs done. Acting like he was right there all along.

coult44

Reaction score
Honestly, who cares?
Jerry has crapped on the fans for the last 15 years, forcing us to endure Jason Garrett and hyping every season and bragging about selling the Cowboys to gullible fans.
These aren't the Cowboys we grew to love from the past. These are pumped up athletes putting on a show for entertainment- just like the WWF.
The Lions, Colts, and Texans games last year were enough to make real fans vomit.
If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl it will be because of the NFL deciding thats what they want. It will have nothing to do with the football these actors throw around.
Do you really think the three field goals vs the Eagles were anything more that a show of talent?
Don't gamble on another man's game.
LB, it might be time for you to hang it up bruh. Something that’s not enjoyable and brings you misery and leaves you unsatisfied is not something to hold on to. What’s the point.

erod

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
Are you serious? You clearly don't understand the point.

This team has finished 12-5 the past two years. Won the division two years ago. That's in addition to tons of excellent regular seasons the past decade-plus.

This isn't new. And if they crap out in the playoffs again, then it'll get lost in all the other seasons like this.

Doesn't mean it's not fun now. But the playoffs will determine ultimately if it mattered.

Why is that so hard?

coult44

Reaction score
What if you're so immature that you think doubting your team's chances means you're miserable?
If you can’t see the difference in someone who doubts and someone who is consistently negative and miserable, you’re not as smart as you’ve fooled people here into believing you are…

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
Why does it concern you what I celebrate or not? I'm not missing out or anything just because I'm not buying into the hype yet lol. These presumptuous threads become really annoying lately.

I'll continue to observe from a more sceptical point of view but give credit where it's due. And just enjoy the wins if course. But no need to party yet. You guys let it rip, whatever makes you happy. :)

Either way, go Cowboys! :thumbup:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And in all honesty you should have to sit at the back of the train when everyone’s celebrating!!! It’s like the one employee who cries during the entire project but wants to get all the same satisfaction and rewards when the jobs done. Acting like he was right there all along.
I'm not sitting back of any train. I'm just as big of a fan as anybody else. what I hate is fans thinking they are better than anybody else just because they think differently. . I won't pretend I'm someone I'm not either. There are a lot of phonies on the internet and it goes both ways.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does it concern you what I celebrate or not? I'm not missing out or anything just because I'm not buying into the hype yet lol. These presumptuous threads become really annoying lately.

I'll continue to observe from a more sceptical point of view but give credit where it's due. And just enjoy the wins if course. But no need to party yet. You guys let it rip, whatever makes you happy. :)

Either way, go Cowboys! :thumbup:
That's the spirit! Everyone just do your thing!

erod

Reaction score
If you can’t see the difference in someone who doubts and someone who is consistently negative and miserable, you’re not as smart as you’ve fooled people here into believing you are…
If watching football makes you truly miserable, then you should never watch football again and go find a real life.

Brax

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
I would hope everyone enjoys the ride and isn’t miserable the journey makes it interesting. All teams have hiccups along the road. But looking at the past history one is prudent to wait till it’s over as playoff wins are a problem with past teams when facing high end competition. The folks who say it doesn’t count until the playoffs are correct but everyone has a different way of venting and dealing with disappointment

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I will say though, something does feel different about this squad though.
You realize fans like you say this every year, right? It’s cliché.

Like you said earlier in your post: ENJOY the great games we’ve been having so far. It’s been a fun ride. However you will look ridiculous saying “this is our year” when that same phrase has been said multiple times since 1996 only to be disappointed in the end.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
You realize fans like you say this every year, right? It’s cliché.

Like you said earlier in your post: ENJOY the great games we’ve been having so far. It’s been a fun ride. However you will look ridiculous saying “this is our year” when that same phrase has been said multiple times since 1996 only to be disappointed in the end.
You're sort of putting words in my mouth. I never said that this was our year. I just said the team feels different. There's a different air about them. They're atop the league in point differential, playing well in all three phases, have a QB that's leading the league in MVP odds, and a defensive player that's leading the league in DPOY odds.

Those are kind of the hallmarks of championship football.

I have more confidence in a team that is playing with confidence. There's still a lot of football to be played though, and the NFL is a strange lady.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You're sort of putting words in my mouth. I never said that this was our year. I just said the team feels different. There's a different air about them. They're atop the league in point differential, playing well in all three phases, have a QB that's leading the league in MVP odds, and a defensive player that's leading the league in DPOY odds.

Those are kind of the hallmarks of championship football.

I have more confidence in a team that is playing with confidence. There's still a lot of football to be played though, and the NFL is a strange lady.
these are facts.... and they do show qaulities of championship teams...some will not be able to put past seasons failures behind them until the hill is climbed, again niether way is right or wrong.. I for one did not look at the wife while we were celebrating kicking the beagles arss and say "But can we beat SF in the playoffs" thats just me, i celeberated and emptied the beer fridge!