What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

leeblair

Reaction score
LB, it might be time for you to hang it up bruh. Something that’s not enjoyable and brings you misery and leaves you unsatisfied is not something to hold on to. What’s the point.
Just letting you and others know what appears to be happening.
The NFL likes circus acts that captivates fans so they don't pay attention to other things going on.
I can't get it out of my head how the ref in Detroit stopped the other one who was right on the goal line from signaling a touchdown.
And why Lovie Smith went for it on 4th and goal when a field goal would have iced the game.
And too many other things that can't be coincidence.

CWR

Reaction score
Then you're a loser and deserve the lack of joy you earned all season. You've adopted a crappy outlook, probably on more than football too.

CWR

Reaction score
Come on man, let’s not act like eagles fans by throwing shade on each other with petty insults.
The shade is because they come on here to vent and rearrange good threads with their cry baby nonsense. It's earned.

Eddie

Reaction score
The world is full of WHAT IFs.

Let's talk Super Bowl when we make the Super Bowl.

links18

Reaction score
Who cares how someone else chooses to express their fandom?

MajesticRey

Reaction score
You're sort of putting words in my mouth. I never said that this was our year. I just said the team feels different. There's a different air about them. They're atop the league in point differential, playing well in all three phases, have a QB that's leading the league in MVP odds, and a defensive player that's leading the league in DPOY odds.

Those are kind of the hallmarks of championship football.

I have more confidence in a team that is playing with confidence. There's still a lot of football to be played though, and the NFL is a strange lady.
I know what you said, but it’s still cliché. I don’t see anything wildly different about this year’s team compared to last year. We also lost in Philly and beat the Eagles (without Jalen Hurts) at home. Hmm…

Pretty sure a lot of fans “felt that the team was different” that season, too. Best to put the clichés away and be pleasantly surprised if we make it back to the NFCCG for the first time in almost 3 decades.

starfan1

Reaction score
Are you serious? You clearly don't understand the point.

This team has finished 12-5 the past two years. Won the division two years ago. That's in addition to tons of excellent regular seasons the past decade-plus.

This isn't new. And if they crap out in the playoffs again, then it'll get lost in all the other seasons like this.

Doesn't mean it's not fun now. But the playoffs will determine ultimately if it mattered.

Why is that so hard?
For you. Maybe it matters for some throughout the season just as much

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This team could win the Super Bowl and half this board would be saying it doesn’t mean anything if they can’t repeat.
27 years. The last NFC Championship game and Super Bowl played by the Dallas Cowboys, my son was 4 years old. Today his son is 4 years old.

We want and deserve more than one NFC Championship game and one Super Bowl in 28 years (not saying they will do it this year). This is suppose to be the Dallas Cowboys not the Arlington Jonesboys.

rambo2

Reaction score
I know what you said, but it’s still cliché. I don’t see anything wildly different about this year’s team compared to last year. We also lost in Philly and beat the Eagl es (without Jalen Hurts) at home. Hmm…

Pretty sure a lot of fans “felt that the team was different” that season, too. Best to put the clichés away and be pleasantly surprised if we make it back to the NFCCG for the first time in almost 3 decades.
See Cooks, Gilmore, Aubrey, and so on. The team is a lot different.

rambo2

Reaction score
27 years. The last NFC Championship game and Super Bowl played by the Dallas Cowboys, my son was 4 years old. Today his son is 4 years old.

We want and deserve more than one NFC Championship game and one Super Bowl in 28 years (not saying they will do it this year). This is suppose to be the Dallas Cowboys not the Arlington Jonesboys.
You should be jumping for joy that they are playing so well. This team is historically good.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I feel sorry for those that were so busy hating that if/when the Cowboys win it all, they will not be able to enjoy it because they were too dug in on their:
  • Player X is not <talented / good> enough to <some disproved thing> and win it all
  • Coach Y is too <some derogatory term> to ever lead a team to win
  • Owner Z only cares about money to build a winning team
I can understand being disappointed in the results and venting because of that. Hell, I'm "guilty" of that too.

But the people that make statements like the ones above like they are "fAcTs" that can NEVER change is just funny. Not funny ha ha. Funny but sad.

JMHO

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
I stand with Ronnie and other fans who are just enjoying watching this team play this season. It's been a very, very, very long time since I have had this much enthusiasm being a Cowboys' fan. This season does feel different than others, but having said, that I am under no illusions that this team may fall short. That's the reality of the game. Only two teams make the Super Bowl. I actually believe that we are one of the top three teams right now based on how we are playing. Does that mean we are going to beat Buffalo this Sunday? There are no guarantees. It will be in Buffalo against a team that needs to win to preserve its playoff opportunities. But whether we win this Sunday or not, or the next week against the Dolphins, or the following week against the Lions, if healthy, this team is capable of making noise in the playoffs. Some fans believe that this will be a wasted season if we don't reach at least the NFC Championship. For some, it's Super Bowl or bust. I have some bad news - it's quite probable that the team we play in the divisional round are the 49ers (perhaps the only team that's playing at a better level than us - the Ravens haven't been bad either - we will get a better indication of them when they do play the 49ers. If "our" team does fall short and loses in the playoffs, yes, I will be extremely disappointed, Probably more so than in the last 15 years, because I actually love rooting for the players on this team and believe they can win it all. Aubrey - what a surprise, who saw this coming? Dak playing at an MVP-level. CD Lamb emerging as one of the top WRs in the NFL. Amazed that despite how awesome and special Parson's is, he could actually be finish behind Bland in the vote for DPOY. Ferguson's intensity. Solid contributions from guys like Bell and Dowdle. Tyron Smith not just playing but dominating. Not just beating our hated division rivals, but blowing them out. Finally appreciating what it actually feels like to have a home field advantage. I could on...

shabazz

Reaction score
Im just trying to figure out , " where are all, these cowboys fans that aren't enjoying this winning season so far"?

Just because some of us are waiting to see them actually get into the Super Bowl before booking flights to Vegas doesn't make us Debbie Downers.....it just makes us realistic, grounded and non- delusional

but anybody that insists that we are definitely hoisting the Lombardi doesn't bother me one bit.

rambo2

Reaction score
You realize fans like you say this every year, right? It’s cliché.

Like you said earlier in your post: ENJOY the great games we’ve been having so far. It’s been a fun ride. However you will look ridiculous saying “this is our year” when that same phrase has been said multiple times since 1996 only to be disappointed in the end.
It's funny that you don't see how good the current team is.

rambo2

Reaction score
I stand with Ronnie and other fans who are just enjoying watching this team play this season. It's been a very, very, very long time since I have had this much enthusiasm being a Cowboys' fan. This season does feel different than others, but having said, that I am under no illusions that this team may fall short. That's the reality of the game. Only two teams make the Super Bowl. I actually believe that we are one of the top three teams right now based on how we are playing. Does that mean we are going to beat Buffalo this Sunday? There are no guarantees. It will be in Buffalo against a team that needs to win to preserve its playoff opportunities. But whether we win this Sunday or not, or the next week against the Dolphins, or the following week against the Lions, if healthy, this team is capable of making noise in the playoffs. Some fans believe that this will be a wasted season if we don't reach at least the NFC Championship. For some, it's Super Bowl or bust. I have some bad news - it's quite probable that the team we play in the divisional round are the 49ers (perhaps the only team that's playing at a better level than us - the Ravens haven't been bad either - we will get a better indication of them when they do play the 49ers. If "our" team does fall short and loses in the playoffs, yes, I will be extremely disappointed, Probably more so than in the last 15 years, because I actually love rooting for the players on this team and believe they can win it all. Aubrey - what a surprise, who saw this coming? Dak playing at an MVP-level. CD Lamb emerging as one of the top WRs in the NFL. Amazed that despite how awesome and special Parson's is, he could actually be finish behind Bland in the vote for DPOY. Ferguson's intensity. Solid contributions from guys like Bell and Dowdle. Tyron Smith not just playing but dominating. Not just beating our hated division rivals, but blowing them out. Finally appreciating what it actually feels like to have a home field advantage. I could on...
If they beat Buffalo, they will open the door toward getting the 1 spot.

starfan1

Reaction score

We may want it but we are no more deserving than the other 31 franchises. Jerry hasnt managed the salary cap era well at all but just because we got 5 rings in 25 years and 8 chances prior to to 95 at it really means nothing. You could be a Lions fan or a Browns fan and never lifted the lombardi

enjoy the ride we have had very few years of downright stinkage.This team is special it may not be as special as San Fran well see but this is a good team and will be for the forseeable future

GMO415

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
All these people you speak of are like the character Wolf in Pulp Fiction "Let's not start @#$king our own d@#$& just yet Gentlemen.". Slow down, where not where we want to end up just yet.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
If they beat Buffalo, they will open the door toward getting the 1 spot.
It would be a step in the right direction of possibly being the top spot in our division. I just don't see how we catch the 49ers - they could falter against either the Ravens or Rams, but I don't see both.