What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I'm confused by your thread, and for the many how use the word "negative"..."hater"..."debbie downer". Can a fan of a team not enjoy watching their team play, yet be critical about them? The last 30 years has provided plenty of Debbie Downer moments for fans like myself, so the knee jerk reaction is "we have to win in the playoffs." I think you are dead wrong about some will complain if we win a ring, and say let's do it again. I would think most sane fans of this franchise would be tickled pink if we can finally win the big game. Just because we expect to be let down in the end doesn't mean we are not a fan, or a hater. It kind of softens the blow when it happens, lol. Coping mechanism I have since my Football team and Baseball team both have gone 3 decades without anything to show.

Also, it has become very difficult in the NFLto be spoiled by your team...what the Chiefs and Pats have done is remarkable, and what teams like the Texans/Colts could be on the verge of in the next few years could be remarkable. If we don't win a ring in the next couple of years, how much longer do we wait? Now is the timei indeed and it's great feeling like something is different, but I for one can't get too excited yet......

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After 30 years of not making the NFCCG you have to realize this team hasn't done anything yet that some of those other teams have done before them. Dak has beaten the eagles 6 straight times at home, nothing new there. They have won the NFC east and have entered playoffs as the wild card and so far the results are a loss within the 1st 2 playoff games. I'd love to believe this team is different but reality is they haven't shown that difference yet. But the have a slate of 3 playoff caliber teams coming up that they do not have a recent history of beating so lets see what happens. Also at some point they will have to face their real nemesis that has beaten them in each of the last 3 years including in 2 playoff games and earlier this season. It's exciting because i know they have the talent but i'm not blind to the last 30 years of reality either.

rambo2

Reaction score
We may want it but we are no more deserving than the other 31 franchises. Jerry hasnt managed the salary cap era well at all but just because we got 5 rings in 25 years and 8 chances prior to to 95 at it really means nothing. You could be a Lions fan or a Browns fan and never lifted the lombardi

enjoy the ride we have had very few years of downright stinkage.
It's interesting that Jerry's 3 Super Wins is equal to about half of the league combined.

rambo2

Reaction score
It would be a step in the right direction of possibly being the top spot in our division. I just don't see how we catch the 49ers - they could falter against either the Ravens or Rams, but I don't see both.
To catch the 49ers, the Cowboys would need to win out and the 49ers would need 1 loss.

rambo2

Reaction score
I get it, it’s not a carbon copy of 2022. But they’re different every year and have yet to escape the divisional round.
The Cowboys are very good and will be a big favorite in the 1st playoff game no matter what. If they are in the 1 spot, they will be favored in every game they play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep they are. Because they'd rather look right then enjoy the ride. I've been there. I did it with the Mavs. Mad at the Mavs because they didn't make the moves I wanted and by the time I realized these guys had a shot at winning a title I had missed the whole experience being bitter and upset. This is what fandom is all about. Enjoy the ride. Hate it when the season is over.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
needing how to enjoy something spelled out for you is some of the most miserable ish i've come across lol. imagine trying to belittle people for being happy.
Honestly anyone who uses the term “virtue signaling” seems like a miserable lot.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Honestly, who cares?
Jerry has crapped on the fans for the last 15 years, forcing us to endure Jason Garrett and hyping every season and bragging about selling the Cowboys to gullible fans.
These aren't the Cowboys we grew to love from the past. These are pumped up athletes putting on a show for entertainment- just like the WWF.
The Lions, Colts, and Texans games last year were enough to make real fans vomit.
If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl it will be because of the NFL deciding thats what they want. It will have nothing to do with the football these actors throw around.
Do you really think the three field goals vs the Eagles were anything more that a show of talent?
Don't gamble on another man's game.
Leeblair evidently vomits after Cowboy victories. You do you, I guess.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah, you are one of those that just want the world to be just so nice that you feel the need to shut your ears from others that have an opinion. Well, the world does not work that way. The posters that you have on ignore just might be able to teach you something instead of your Rainbows and Lollypops.
Yeah I am a firm believe that you learn more from people who disagree with you and see the world differently from you than those who are in lock step. I enjoy the back and forth with most of the guys here even the ones with whom I am seldom in accord with. I don't need everybody in my life to agree with me to be happy. In fact I kinda think that would suck. Give me spirited discussion any day. Leave out the name calling and what not and I can go at it with the best of them and at the end of the day can accept that their discourse forced me to think. I cannot speak for others but thinking is generally a good thing for me.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Why do people care how others choose to fan? It always makes me think that people need a herd to think/act like they do so they'll feel more secure in having made the "right" choice and anything other than that unnerves them.
If people want to spend their time constantly being miserable then it’s not unreasonable for others to not want them around.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have long dreamed of finally seeing us win it. I don't know how excitedly I'd react to it. Then again, I've been thoroughly enjoying this season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on man, let’s not act like eagles fans by throwing shade on each other with petty insults.
Yep....definitely feels like shade. I feel lik op is getting exactly what was wanted.a big thread.
It also smacks of "i told ya so" later on.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
To catch the 49ers, the Cowboys would need to win out and the 49ers would need 1 loss.
That's true. I was inferring that the 49ers would have to lose two because I have a feeling that we may drop one of the three against either the Bills, Dolphins, or Lions. I could also see us winning the remaining four games, but that would mean we would be on a nine-game win streak, with the realization that we would still need to win an additional 3-4 games to bring home the Lombardi. Not impossible - but likely improbable. I guess what I am saying is that I would be okay with them losing one of the remaining games and then go on another 5-6 game win streak even if the path is a little more difficult being on the road.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I am a firm believe that you learn more from people who disagree with you and see the world differently from you than those who are in lock step. I enjoy the back and forth with most of the guys here even the ones with whom I am seldom in accord with. I don't need everybody in my life to agree with me to be happy. In fact I kinda think that would suck. Give me spirited discussion any day. Leave out the name calling and what not and I can go at it with the best of them and at the end of the day can accept that their discourse forced me to think. I cannot speak for others but thinking is generally a good thing for me.
Exactly, I don't have anyone on ignore. I have argued my point about the team with others that call me every name in the book, but I do listen to what they have to say and there have been many occasions where they may have changed my tune every once in awhile, and that is good.

I don't really have just one point of view, and damn it, it has to be my way is bogus. I like my Cowboys and so do most of us, but if I have something I don't like, I'm going to state why. However, so far, I have no complaints about this team, they are looking good so far.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I understand what you’re saying Ronnie but it baffles me why so many of our fans don’t seem to understand that this is an opinion forum where defining what “being positive“ means is impossible. Why? Because that kind of definition is also an opinion. Because some could also argue it’s “negative” to call someone else’s opinion out because it doesn’t meet someone else’s standard of “positive.”

Heres what I wish: Maybe we could allow every fan here to have their opinions about the team, the players, the coaches, the front office, ownership, etc without calling them out for not having opinions or attitudes that meet someone else’s approval.

Everyone here has opinions on our favorite team. As long as they keep it between the chalk, why does it matter?

I understand why most of us are giddy right now about the Cowboys. I love it. I also understand why some fans are waiting until the Cowboys prove they can win a divisional playoff game before throwing accolades. I respect BOTH opinions.

This is an opinion forum folks. Opinions are what makes this place tick.
No disagreement.. I am just musing about the number of folks who keep wanting to throw cold water on anything this team achieves short of a Super Bowl. I can't go through the season or life like that. I mean when I die I hope to go to heaven.. but I'm not sitting around b1tchin about life before I get there!

Jipper

Reaction score
I honestly love this thread.

I'm so guilty of losing joy of the journey bc of the fear of it all ending in failure again in the divisional round...but last Sunday was a lot of fun...hope it continues

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No disagreement.. I am just musing about the number of folks who keep wanting to throw cold water on anything this team achieves short of a Super Bowl. I can't go through the season or life like that. I mean when I die I hope to go to heaven.. but I'm not sitting around b1tchin about life before I get there!
This has been a good topic to discuss. Thanks Ronnie.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I feel like some took the post as admonishment for not enjoying the ride when I really want it to be about encouragement TO enjoy the ride. Of course we can't change the playoff narrative until the playoffs start. But if we're not interested until the playoffs why are we watching every week? Why piss and moan when they lose ..and sometimes even when they win? Have fun!! Sports is fun.. Football is fun.. This Cowboys team is fun. We can all commiserate in February if they don't win the ultimate prize but I'll be damned if I'm going to allow that possibility to rob me of the joy of watching what this team is doing. I said after the 49er loss that that game reminded me of the 2014 season opener when we lost ironically again to the 49ers, but showed enough in that game that I felt that team was going to be really good. Now it wasn't so much what the team showed in this year's matchup that made me feel good about them.. It was really about what I felt the issues were in that game and how correctable I thought they were. I said then that this team was much better than what they showed that day. I think I can safely say that's proven to be true.