What if we traded Zeke at the deadline?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It's tough to trade any star once they have a star-sized contract.

Seriously, name one player on the Cowboys with a second or third contract who we could trade for a decent return. Maybe Tyron? Collins if his injuries don't keep up?

Them

Reaction score
......just what I thought....no GMs here....moving on!...:banghead:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we aren't winning this division by then we should look to trade any player.

mcmvp

Reaction score
This would never work in light of the cap ramifications over and above everything else.

I was only reading this thread because I was curious how long people would talk about this before someone mentioned the obvious barrier. The time to trade him was before signing him

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yes. Pull Zeke's contract and trade him this week. Then draft that Vaughn kid from Vanderbilt next year. Sarcasm; but worth thinking about.

fansince68

Reaction score
Hear me out. We are running a different style of offense and its more predicated on passing and RPO'S. The NFL seems to be evolving into the college game. Someone on here astutely reminded me of this. More I thought about it, HE WAS RIGHT. Zeke doesn't seem to fit and is a stud workhorse back that would fit better for other teams. WHY NOT SELL HIGH? Meaning, we have Pollard and all those speedster guys..why not trade him for a player and a pick? WHY not at least see what the market would give? Trade part of the contract and get a guy like Linval Joseph? I am spit ballin here lol..but maybe a 1st round pick and a stud run stuffer helps NOW. We are undermanned at DT...so any thoughts or counter ideas? What trade would ya'll make that doesn't involve trading for a HC? LOL...
Marijuana is legal here in Cali and DC.

Verdict

Reaction score
I was only reading this thread because I was curious how long people would talk about this before someone mentioned the obvious barrier. The time to trade him was before signing him

Yeah. It was obvious.

Batman1980

Reaction score
The Albatross will be around our neck for the next several years, get used to it.
tenor.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hear me out. We are running a different style of offense and its more predicated on passing and RPO'S. The NFL seems to be evolving into the college game. Someone on here astutely reminded me of this. More I thought about it, HE WAS RIGHT. Zeke doesn't seem to fit and is a stud workhorse back that would fit better for other teams. WHY NOT SELL HIGH? Meaning, we have Pollard and all those speedster guys..why not trade him for a player and a pick? WHY not at least see what the market would give? Trade part of the contract and get a guy like Linval Joseph? I am spit ballin here lol..but maybe a 1st round pick and a stud run stuffer helps NOW. We are undermanned at DT...so any thoughts or counter ideas? What trade would ya'll make that doesn't involve trading for a HC? LOL...

I would jump for joy to be honest. Signing the drunken women beater to the highest contract in NFL history for a back was a terrible move. Cowboys are already regretting it.

Chill35

Reaction score
Good try, not that NFL.

Even the Raiders are wising up. Dallas didnt learn and proves they just wont do it this season no matter how hard you guys believe.

More bad moves than good again this off season. Just sit down and wait til the end of the season when we are awesome and winning the SB again.

Was gonna say the Raiders. The Raiders are like that dumb kid you traded Baseball cards with who just wanted every player on his sucky team and didn't know crap about the rest of the league.

Cmac

Reaction score
…..then the playoffs won't be nearby or within reach for sometime.......and you would see just what kind of QB we really have. Don't do Dak like that.....Stop playing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Players don't try to "tank" by intentionally fumbling, etc.. They aren't out there thinking about draft position. They're trying to survive and stay employed.

Organizations tank by who they put on the field, trade away, etc.. Difference.

Before the season, might have got a first and 3rd for Zeke. Now I don't think we could give him away with that kind of salary.

JBS

Reaction score
You clearly have no clue of how the cap works

I'd suggest you research that first before you create these threads