What is it about the Cowboys that makes you want to cheer for them?

leeblair

Reaction score
I'm only a fan because of Dak. So what if he's only in this for himself. Just think of all the new cars he will be able to buy when he gets his next big raise.
At least you're honest. You're a Dak fan, and couldn't care less about the Cowboys.
Figures.

dcstar

Reaction score
Roger Staubach
Jethro Pugh
LeeRoy Jordan
Walt Garrison
Chuck Howley
Dave Edwards
Bob Lily
Calvin Hill
Drew Pearson
Blaine Nye
Rayfield Wright
Ralph Neely
John Niland
Billy Jo Dupree
Don Meredith
Tony Hill
Bill Bates
Mel Renfro
Cornell Green
Cliff Harris
Charlie Waters
Troy Aikman
Chad Henning

and Mr Landry!

Shirley there are others but memory is fading of the 60's n 70's.

Go Cowboys!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
For me it’s my childhood and love and tears through the 70s and 80s and the rebirth in the 90s. What we are seeing now in no way represents what I loved. They are my team because it’s been 47 years of following but they lost my passion starting with Garrett. I was glowingly positive and predicting a comeback last week and was gutted again. So really there is a numbness now and a hole the Jones family stole.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Despite our GM and cap boy I love this team because I have only ever loved this team. I don't hold out hope currently on the culture changing from a hollywood, glitzy over the top franchise that it has become. I'd rather it just be about football.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So no matter what, you are a fan. No matter what they represent now?
Really?
Yes.. really....what do you want...everyone to stop being a fan?

If you are so bothered by this, the team, and if others are fans. Why are you here...We all know EXACTLY why.

Go to the other 31 teams boards and TROLL them the same question. Because you are not a fan IMO.

leeblair

Reaction score
Yes.. really....what do you want...everyone to stop being a fan?

If you are so bothered by this, the team, and if others are fans. Why are you here...We all know EXACTLY why.

Go to the other 31 teams boards and TROLL them the same question. Because you are not a fan IMO.
No, I just want to know what others see in the Cowboys of today.
I am a lifelong fan who hoped they would return to being the franchise that they were when they were America's team.
There's still the slightest hope for them, which is why I still pay attention.

Mark

Reaction score
Since free agency upset the game forever, foisting upon us a new cast of characters every year or so, we basically root for the clothing.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You think these Cowboys personnify class?
Really?
You asked me what the star represents to me , and I told you class. Don’t make things up. You don’t see our locker room, bickering, like other teams that fail. Eagles lol.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It cracks me up that people want to know why. We are loyal to our favorite team. We don't have to like Jerry, coaches, etc. I've been a fan since '75. I have a friend who's been a fan about as long, and said he was going to bail. I just don't get it. I've never been "fair weathered", and I won't start now. I only hope that someday, despite our leadership, we can win a Super Bowl again. Until then, I will root for my favorite team!!

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
This guy ... childhood hero who sucked me into the vortex. Haven't been able to escape since.

Roger-Staubach.jpg