What is our expectations for Dak?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
At this point I don’t really know.

Earlier in the season, he was playing like a great QB, making calls and adjustments at the line and making throws that not many QBs can make.

He’s been bad since the Broncos game. Some of those passes today were rough.

So the question is - why was he playing well earlier in the season, and can we get back to that level of play?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is what he is.....an average QB who with All Pro type receivers and a great OL, along with great RB can become above average to very good. Not great. I don't see him as a franchise QB or much less generational talent. He got Jerry over a barrel just like Romo did and got that big contract. There are plenty of similar type QBs like him in the NFL earning that big paycheck.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Exactly my point. Prior to Atlanta we had 6 wins so he was doing something right. After Denver he was a man on a mission. After KC he was ‘mad’ but didn’t look any different tonight. Will he be doubly mad next week and go 100% pass completions? No one knows which Dak will show up next week, probably not even Dak himself.

Dak Prescotts looks like he always did before this season.

He needs everything around him perfect again in order to be good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak is what he is.....an average QB who with All Pro type receivers and a great OL, along with great RB can become above average to very good. Not great. I don't see him as a franchise QB or much less generational talent. He got Jerry over a barrel just like Romo did and got that big contract. There are plenty of similar type QBs like him in the NFL earning that big paycheck.

Man I just can’t get the start of the season off my mind. Especially the Tampa game.

I really think it’s this man to man coverage that’s thrown him for a loop.

He likes to throw into huge windows and everyone is covered now.

I dunno. I felt like we were the best team in football and now that Dak has regressed I don’t see a path to a championship unless he ups his level of play.

We will go as Dak goes and now that he’s Dakverage we suck.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If you don’t sign Dak at the going rate what’s the plan . Your continually drafting middle of the pack so a QB first five-10 picks round one is not on the menu. What’s the answer at QB without resigning # 4. This position is signed he’s young this is not the problem .

noletime95

Reaction score
Dak missed so many important throws today but the miss to Brown is unforgivable. It was a loser play. Now he’s over here taking about bandwagon fans. Like he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. Like the team has. He’s reading his own press clippings and probably looking at his stat line thinking how well he played. He doesn’t even realize he’s average

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak missed so many important throws today but the miss to Brown is unforgivable. It was a loser play. Now he’s over here taking about bandwagon fans. Like he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. Like the team has. He’s reading his own press clippings and probably looking at his stat line thinking how well he played. He doesn’t even realize he’s average

Then you come on here after watching that garbage and it’s nothing but “he threw for 350 yards and 2 touchdowns.. What else is he supposed to do.”

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I will also say this. We are a passing team. No way around it. Zeke is washed. We came out conservative and it but us in the booty early. I hear these dumb are chair quarterbacks say we should run the ball more. No we should pass.

Pollard needs to play until the offense has momentum and the defense has loosened up.

Handing to Zeke early in a series is a waste.

It’s time to use Pollard. You have Christian McCaffrey lite. Now use him.

Im not saying Zeke sucks either. Zeke is really good when defenses loosen up but when things are tight it’s a waste of a play to give him the ball.

noletime95

Reaction score
Also Dak really is not mobile anymore. Had an easy first down on a 3rd and 5, didn’t even consider taking off. I bet he may never be as mobile again but Brady runs that one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We must not be watching the same games I guess.

The game I watched our QB had 375 yards, 2 TD's and no picks with a 106 QB rating. Was near flawless in the 2nd half when it counted the most. And that was without his top two studs in Cooper and Lamb out.

What game were you watching?

Steve007

Reaction score
I’d really like to know what a lot of your standards are because people are actually accepting of his performance today and using his stats as a shield to defend his trash play.

You understand he is a 40 million dollar player right?

Was he gutsy at the end? Sure.. But he was mediocre and not accurate all game.

He gets paid too much to just sit around and wait for everyone else to make a play.

Also, I feel validated for my opinion about Carr and Dak being basically the same player.
I agree Carr and Dak are similar, but Dak is laughing all the way to the bank.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Also Dak really is not mobile anymore. Had an easy first down on a 3rd and 5, didn’t even consider taking off. I bet he may never be as mobile again but Brady runs that one.

I definitely agree on this one. Dak at this point is no longer a dual threat. Several times he could have taken off and its simply not in the cards. Is this an injury issue?

Forneymike

Reaction score
I’d really like to know what a lot of your standards are because people are actually accepting of his performance today and using his stats as a shield to defend his trash play.

You understand he is a 40 million dollar player right?

Was he gutsy at the end? Sure.. But he was mediocre and not accurate all game.

He gets paid too much to just sit around and wait for everyone else to make a play.

Also, I feel validated for my opinion about Carr and Dak being basically the same player.
Who do you replace him with and at what price? Hard to comment on theoretical. Give a name and I’ll tell you if it’s realistic or if he is better

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Pollard needs to play until the offense has momentum and the defense has loosened up.

Handing to Zeke early in a series is a waste.

It’s time to use Pollard. You have Christian McCaffrey lite. Now use him.

Im not saying Zeke sucks either. Zeke is really good when defenses loosen up but when things are tight it’s a waste of a play to give him the ball.
The Cowboys will go as far as Dak’s arm and the pass rush of Gregory, Tank and Parsons. I hope it is enough.