What is our expectations for Dak?

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
It doesn’t need explaining. His level of play is way down. You’re just a Super Fan and it’s a waste of my time.

But you called it "trash."

That's a pretty heavy term that deserves an explanation.

I don't think anyone, save for a few special mouthbreathers, on this forum would consider his play today to be trash.

But you said it. We'd all love to hear an explanation. Please, feel free to break it down for us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Consistency. He was off the mark tonight and we all know he can do better. I’d like to see Dak as a QB other teams know they are going to have trouble with. Of course he has to have a OL that lets him be a play maker.

But it’s 3 out of 4 games now he’s been bad.

Atlanta is a joke of a team.

AFC West just smoked him and now it’s back to making every excuse under the sun for his mediocrity.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has to be a stud for the duration. He missed a lot of opportunities today. He has not been the same player since the Patriots game.

LOL.......no he doesnt. QB's arent good for 4 quarter on every throw. Thats just what a guy like you says when Dak kills it and comes on late when it counts most.

Dak got hurt, then his Oline went down, run game went to S and now his top two receivers are out.

He threw for 375 yards and 2 TDs with zero picks today without Cooper or Lamb. The guy is a total stud.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’d really like to know what a lot of your standards are because people are actually accepting of his performance today and using his stats as a shield to defend his trash play.

You understand he is a 40 million dollar player right?

Was he gutsy at the end? Sure.. But he was mediocre and not accurate all game.

He gets paid too much to just sit around and wait for everyone else to make a play.

Also, I feel validated for my opinion about Carr and Dak being basically the same player.
NFCCG. We can get there if we can get Gregory and Tank healthy. Dak and Carr are both top 10 quarterbacks that have to prove they can be on Brady, Mahomes, and Rodgers level. It is not in insult to be compared to Derrick Carr.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
LOL.......no he doesnt. QB's arent good for 4 quarter on every throw. Thats just what a guy like you says when Dak kills it and comes on late when it counts most.

Dak got hurt, then his Oline went down, run game went to S and now his top two receivers are out.

He threw for 375 yards and 2 TDs with zero picks today without Cooper or Lamb. The guy is a total stud.
He came up short today.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I’d really like to know what a lot of your standards are because people are actually accepting of his performance today and using his stats as a shield to defend his trash play.

He gets paid too much to just sit around and wait for everyone else to make a play.

Also, I feel validated for my opinion about Carr and Dak being basically the same player.
Dak played much better today with the exception of a few short Duddy passes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NFCCG. We can get there if we can get Gregory and Tank healthy. Dak and Carr are both top 10 quarterbacks that have to prove they can be on Brady, Mahomes, and Rodgers level. It is not in insult to be compared to Derrick Carr.

Doubt it.. I think we screwed our chances up and we’ll have to go on the road and play in a hostile environment.

Unfortunately it looks like the old Cowboys are back. These types of games are all too familiar and we’re back to the same old arguments because this team has reverted to their same old selves.

Sorry for being a bit rude earlier btw.

Sully

Reaction score

Until this franchise get to a Conference Finals, he will never be an elite. Will only be decent/good. Personal Stats mean nothing to fans that have been starved for a Superbowl for 25 years

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Dak completed 68% of his passes. Three of the incompletions were drops. 375 yards, 2 TDs, zero turnovers don't require "validation" from anyone.

Carr had his best day of the season. You can thank the Cowboys defense for that. Receivers were running wide open all day.

You don't seem to really understand what you're watching. That, or you're so blinded by your search for "validation" that you see what you want to see.
That wasn't remotely Carr's best game of the season. I watched the Eagles game, for example, and he was unbelievable in that game. He's had others that I didn't see but statistically were better.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Doubt it.. I think we screwed our chances up and we’ll have to go on the road and play in a hostile environment.

Unfortunately it looks like the old Cowboys are back. These types of games are all too familiar and we’re back to the same old arguments because this team has reverted to their same old selves.

Sorry for being a bit rude earlier btw.
If we are healthy we can play with anyone. We are not healthy now. I would rather be healthy at the end. Arizona game will tell us everything.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score

Jesus dude, you are pathetic. Maybe you need to take a step back to realize this team isn't as good as you want it to be. Dak included.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

I expect cowardice lime 2018. The line gets destroyed for one gave abd he’s shook forever.

ArbynTX

Reaction score
But it’s 3 out of 4 games now he’s been bad.

Atlanta is a joke of a team.

AFC West just smoked him and now it’s back to making every excuse under the sun for his mediocrity.
Exactly my point. Prior to Atlanta we had 6 wins so he was doing something right. After Denver he was a man on a mission. After KC he was ‘mad’ but didn’t look any different tonight. Will he be doubly mad next week and go 100% pass completions? No one knows which Dak will show up next week, probably not even Dak himself.

zeke21

Reaction score
Dak did what Dak will do.. run up his stats late in the game against a tired D that let him get into fast tempo offence by switching to zone. So media will rave about him.. Dakstans will love him..

Except the reality is that he was bad today.. our offence did very little for large parts of the game.

Dak is the ultimate fantasy football QB.. his stat line will look good and history will say he is our all time leader yada yada.. anyone who actually bothers to watch the game will know that he is not the QB that will win this team a SB.

I thought maybe he could.. but he really doesn't need everything perfect around him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I will also say this. We are a passing team. No way around it. Zeke is washed. We came out conservative and it but us in the booty early. I hear these dumb are chair quarterbacks say we should run the ball more. No we should pass.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Carr had the game of his life and Dak had one of his worser games how is your pinion validated? Let's talk about some more of your opinions...didn't you say Micah Parsons was Jaylon Smith and not worth drafting? Let's keep your opinions under wrap.
I keep seeing obviously uninformed people talking about how this was the best game of the year for Carr, now you are taking it to 'life'. This wasn't even the best game of the year for him. Not even close. I watched the Philly game and he was incredible - including completing 31 of 34 passes. He has 3 or 4 other games this year where he was just as good if not better statistically. It's a bad sign for our team when our QB's defenders just have to make things up out of thin air and act like they are facts.