What is the future for Cowboys rookie QB Mike White in Dallas?

gmoney112

Reaction score
DbJ-r4VWkAEGz9h

PFF, but still fun considering our OL.

If he can be accurate and keep the TOs to a minimum, he has a shot.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Once Dak "Implodes" this coming season and its evident beyond any doubt that he simply lacks the god given talents to start for America's team it will be a Rush-White sock em out on who will eventually QB our team to Glory!
And if they can't get it done we will be drafting a Franchise QB come draft time!
Unfortunately it will probably take an injury to Dak for White or Rush to have chance to play.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Hopefully he shows off in the preseason and in a few years we get a high pick for him.

Pants

Reaction score
If White were chosen by ANY other team, we are likely thinking he gets cut during that team's TC....but, some have him as #2 for Dallas.....good times

hoping he can compete, and I am glad that they are kicking the can around a little at QB, but who can honestly say that they saw Dallas drafting a QB this year, let alone this QB?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If White were chosen by ANY other team, we are likely thinking he gets cut during that team's TC....but, some have him as #2 for Dallas.....good times

hoping he can compete, and I am glad that they are kicking the can around a little at QB, but who can honestly say that they saw Dallas drafting a QB this year, let alone this QB?

Mr White was chosen as ......
The FO know what they have in DAK...a limited Bus Driver and his replacement is only a matter of time!

Hence the very limited playbook on offense or running Zeke all day long.
This pick was made as Mr. White has the arm potential to become a Stud QB.
FO had a lot of tasks to deal with no 1 being cutting the Cap and picking up some sound rooks in the draft.
They have accomplished this and Mr White might just turn into the Cherry on the cake of this draft!
Mr. White has something Dak will never possess as it can't be taught, Accuracy,Arm strength,Height,and better downfield vision and Wr anticipation to throw the ball prior to the WR getting open.

Great Pick and i hope it works well for us as without a Franchise qualified QB( Leader) at best we are looking at one and done scenarios once again!!!

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
At this point I like Rush and White. I like White more at this point last year than I liked Rush a year ago but I also feel that Rush should be a much better QB after a season learning the system. Should be an interesting competition.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once Dak "Implodes" this coming season and its evident beyond any doubt that he simply lacks the god given talents to start for America's team it will be a Rush-White sock em out on who will eventually QB our team to Glory!
And if they can't get it done we will be drafting a Franchise QB come draft time!

If Dak implodes, this team will win 4 games and be drafting a QB in the top 5 next year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I actually really like what Cooper showed last preseason and think he could develop into a quality backup/spot starter.

That said, looking at the QB velocity charts over the past few years he tested out with one of the weakest arms tested in the past 10 years (45 mph left/46 throwing right). That said, timing and anticipation can help overcome arm strength to an extent.

Excited to have White onboard to develop as well.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
You never know. Prescott’s rookie deal is up next year and by then this kid will have 2 years of development. I wouldn’t count anything out.

kskboys

Reaction score
I actually really like what Cooper showed last preseason and think he could develop into a quality backup/spot starter.

That said, looking at the QB velocity charts over the past few years he tested out with one of the weakest arms tested in the past 10 years (45 mph left/46 throwing right). That said, timing and anticipation can help overcome arm strength to an extent.

Excited to have White onboard to develop as well.
Not when it's that weak. Pretty obvious watching him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Mr White was chosen as ......
The FO know what they have in DAK...a limited Bus Driver and his replacement is only a matter of time!

Hence the very limited playbook on offense or running Zeke all day long.
This pick was made as Mr. White has the arm potential to become a Stud QB.
FO had a lot of tasks to deal with no 1 being cutting the Cap and picking up some sound rooks in the draft.
They have accomplished this and Mr White might just turn into the Cherry on the cake of this draft!
Mr. White has something Dak will never possess as it can't be taught, Accuracy,Arm strength,Height,and better downfield vision and Wr anticipation to throw the ball prior to the WR getting open.

Great Pick and i hope it works well for us as without a Franchise qualified QB( Leader) at best we are looking at one and done scenarios once again!!!
Dak and Mike basically have the same arm strength according to the radar gun. Dak 54, Mike 53/55, Rush 45/46

http://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-2018-NFL-Combine/10241/dh/