What Is The Real Plan With Lance?

stiletto

Reaction score
Cool. We are good then. Show me I'm stupid through skilled argumentation...don't tell me. One will get you all the respect in the world...the other..."internet" smoke lol.

And that's not a threat or anything...it's just how I move. Ask about me. @stiletto ...he knows how I get down. I've probably never had a cross word with him...but he knows I don't bend, break or fold because "everyone is saying" something. I was castigating the Cowboys EVERY WEEK during Wade's 13-3 season calling out exactly what would go wrong...and then it did go and for the reasons I said. So...I've encountered fans who get overprotective about the team instead of objective. I'm not "piling on Dak", I'm saying what I see.
Confirmed. Six is as straight a shooter as you'll find. Sorry for the bad pun but it is true. No one agrees with each other all the time but not sure Id be as objective about football had I not come across guys like him back in the dark times. The QC/Campo years. We're getting old.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Confirmed. Six is as straight a shooter as you'll find. Sorry for the bad pun but it is true. No one agrees with each other all the time but not sure Id be as objective about football had I not come across guys like him back in the dark times. The QC/Campo years. We're getting old.
"Getting?" LOL..."when 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not..."

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The NFL video on him is the reason San Francisco got rid of him and it didn’t take long for them to make that decision. His NFL tape is unimpressive to say the least. Even his college tape only had the Cowboys rating him as a second round pick.
Interesting opinion.

I'd just add that Jerry and son think he's worth it.

The kid is going to be our QB for many seasons.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Interesting opinion.

I'd just add that Jerry and son think he's worth it.

The kid is going to be our QB for many seasons.
It’s not an opinion it’s a fact. Trey Lance didn’t play well in San Francisco. He couldn’t even win the backup job. He was a huge disappointment for them. The 49ers realized they made a big mistake and they moved on. As much as you want him to be our QB, whether he can play or not it’s not going to happen. Jerry and his son thought Drew Henson was worth a third round pick. They took a chance on him like they did with Lance. Houston realized Henson couldn’t play, which is why they traded him. Rarely do QBs that flame out for their original team pan out somewhere else.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The real reason Jerry traded for Trey Lance is so Trey could dress up like an old western cowboy and greet customers at the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop inside AT&T Stadium...

Screenshot-20231206-182507-Gallery.jpg

Sales had been slipping, so Jerry had to make a move since Dak and Cooper are needed on the football field.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cool. We are good then. Show me I'm stupid through skilled argumentation...don't tell me. One will get you all the respect in the world...the other..."internet" smoke lol.

And that's not a threat or anything...it's just how I move. Ask about me. @stiletto ...he knows how I get down. I've probably never had a cross word with him...but he knows I don't bend, break or fold because "everyone is saying" something. I was castigating the Cowboys EVERY WEEK during Wade's 13-3 season calling out exactly what would go wrong...and then it did go and for the reasons I said. So...I've encountered fans who get overprotective about the team instead of objective. I'm not "piling on Dak", I'm saying what I see.
You see crap concerning Dak. You've been so wrong...and continue to be so wrong...I'm surprised you have the cajones to show up to get embarrassed even more when it comes to Dak.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He played 1 year in college.
That’s why he was traded from the 49ers. It was actually a jump the gun pick for them in the draft because of his talent and they thought they could risk the inexperience. But they lucked into Purdy who has played really well precisely because he had a ton of experience in college. He just fit better with Shanahan’s great offensive play calling right now despite being undersized and not having great measurables. Will Lance play back his potential with enough experience? Who knows? But there’s no rush right now with him (except on the team ;)) and he’s worth the minimal risk.

stiletto

Reaction score
You see crap concerning Dak. You've been so wrong...and continue to be so wrong...I'm surprised you have the cajones to show up to get embarrassed even more when it comes to Dak.
You do know there is still a lot of time for Dak to be the old Dak?.... might want to wait a bit.

stiletto

Reaction score
No, Dak is not the problem. He has actually carried the team. Take off your helmet. It might help you see better.
I mean, I HOPE he continues to do what he is doing and I agree he has carried the team since San Francisco but we do have several other years of past history. It's a valid argument. There is middle ground here...Those that say he isn't playing well are the other end. Some of us would just rather see ultimate proof that his stripes have changed. We'll soon see the next few weeks and into the playoffs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Brock Purdy meets every Parcell rule.

• be a three year starter
  • be a senior & graduate from college
  • start at least 30 games and win at least 23
  • 2-1 td/int ratio
  • at least 60% completion percentage

Trey Lance has not started for three years including HS, College and Professionally combined. He has not started 30 games combined. Has not won 23 games combined, but some of you think he is a QB phenom.
Yes.

He is.

That’s why he was drafted so young.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Were going to resign him and he will be Daks primary backup for the next 3 years

Chasing6

Reaction score
No way we pick up his 5th year option, which will make him a free agent and he can negotiate with anyone. He wants an opportunity to start. That will not happen in Dallas.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No way we pick up his 5th year option, which will make him a free agent and he can negotiate with anyone. He wants an opportunity to start. That will not happen in Dallas.
"The Cowboys, two sources tell CowboysSI.com, do not plan to exercise the fifth-year option on Lance in the spring of 2025, as that would cost about $25 million. ... but do plan on finding a way to keep him in Dallas." - Oct 26, 2023

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/sources-dallas-cowboys-plan-sign-trey-lance-exercise-5th-year-option-dak-prescott#:~:text=The Cowboys, two sources tell,to keep him in Dallas.

In other words, the Cowboys wasted a much needed 4th round pick for next year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words, the Cowboys wasted a much needed 4th round pick for next year.
How so? He is no different than any other player they would use a 4th round pick on. Except he plays the most important position in sports. He could turn out to be as good as the current QB for the Cowboys who was 4th round pick. Considering had a 2nd round draft grade on Lance, seems like a pretty good deal.