What is the real reason for trading Amari Cooper?

Big_D

Reaction score
He’s being willfully ignorant. Let him.
:thumbdown:

you have it backwards. If you think he’s too much of a headcase to spend a 5th, that argument is comically ridiculous!

can you post what was actually said? Be interesting to see!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s a poor analogy. I’ve seen teams take many chances on some players. Coopers situation certainly doesn’t fall into a dire category that every team in football decided it would be best to stay away! That’s a serious stretch considering some malcontents and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances some have gotten over the years.
Yeah, nobody's smart enough or willing enough to pay Jerry less than a player is worth.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yeah, nobody's smart enough or willing enough to pay Jerry less than a player is worth.

It’s a 5th rounder we’re talking about. A 3rd day pick. Anything that was said had no bearing on that trade! But I would still like to see a few Jerry quotes on the subject. See what scared everyone off?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s a 5th rounder we’re talking about. A 3rd day pick. Anything that was said had no bearing on that trade! But I would still like to see a few Jerry quotes on the subject. See what scared everyone off?
I'm not going to search Google, but I know we were all aware the team wasn't happy with Cooper, and I'm pretty sure we all heard they were planning to get rid of him. If we knew, every other team knew. If you don't believe Jerry caused the price drop, what do you think did? I doubt they took the first and only offer.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm not going to search Google, but I know we were all aware the team wasn't happy with Cooper, and I'm pretty sure we all heard they were planning to get rid of him. If we knew, every other team knew. If you don't believe Jerry caused the price drop, what do you think did? I doubt they took the first and only offer.

the contract! There was no drop. No one besides Cleveland wanted to pay it. This idea that Jerry drove down his price is pure fabrication!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you have it backwards. If you think he’s too much of a headcase to spend a 5th, that argument is comically ridiculous!

can you post what was actually said? Be interesting to see!

Google is free. Go find it. Your problem is that you don’t want to.

plasticman

Reaction score
The 5th round pick that the Cowboys received for Cooper turned out to be LaRon Bland. It could end up that the Cowboys received excellent compensation for Cooper.

Cooper and Lamb have almost identical numbers. Unfortunately, they are also both ranked near the bottom in catch percentage. Turns out that Noah Brown has the best catch percentage of Cowboys receivers with at least 20 receptions. Interestingly, he is slightly above Lamb in yards per receptions. Go figure.

Big_D

Reaction score
Google is free. Go find it. Your problem is that you don’t want to.

lol I knew you’d have no argument. If you’re going to use this as a ridiculous crutch, you might want to back it up with something.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol I knew you’d have no argument. If you’re going to use this as a ridiculous crutch, you might want to back it up with something.

Why would I waste a second of time? You’re already trying to claim that any comments “didn’t matter”. You lie to yourself about that, not to me or anyone else. Your blatant willful ignorance is your issue, not anyone else’s.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The 5th round pick that the Cowboys received for Cooper turned out to be LaRon Bland. It could end up that the Cowboys received excellent compensation for Cooper.

Cooper and Lamb have almost identical numbers. Unfortunately, they are also both ranked near the bottom in catch percentage. Turns out that Noah Brown has the best catch percentage of Cowboys receivers with at least 20 receptions. Interestingly, he is slightly above Lamb in yards per receptions. Go figure.
exactly and IF we can keep Lamb, Gallup and Brown on the field with DAK more game than not,. we will be fine moving forward. mix in Washington, Turpin and our solid TEBC

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That’s incorrect.

The pick from Cleveland was used on Matt Waletsko.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
the contract! There was no drop. No one besides Cleveland wanted to pay it. This idea that Jerry drove down his price is pure fabrication!
Yeah I dont know why so many think that the Cowboys should have gotten a 1st/2nd round pick for Cooper with his contract. It's the same reason they couldnt get anything for Collins.

I fault the Cowboys more for not being proactive in finding a suitable replacement over the offseason than the decision to move on from Cooper. They put way too much stock in Gallup coming back healthy, James Washington and Noah Brown.

glimmerman

Reaction score
exactly and IF we can keep Lamb, Gallup and Brown on the field with DAK more game than not,. we will be fine moving forward. mix in Washington, Turpin and our solid TEBC
If our O-Line keeps it up then we are good with the WR. It would be nice to have one that can get open quick and often and deep but keeping our run first formula then we will win more often than not. And with our Defense makes odds better. And ST kicking in some plays makes us real hard to beat,

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah I dont know why so many think that the Cowboys should have gotten a 1st/2nd round pick for Cooper with his contract. It's the same reason they couldnt get anything for Collins.

I fault the Cowboys more for not being proactive in finding a suitable replacement over the offseason than the decision to move on from Cooper. They put way too much stock in Gallup coming back healthy, James Washington and Noah Brown.
I wonder if Washington will be worth it. Was hoping one of our rookies would pan out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They did not like what AC was saying behind closed doors about this FO and Dak.
Jerry would not tolerate that.
Sorry but no link and there never will be one.

Big_D

Reaction score
Why would I waste a second of time? You’re already trying to claim that any comments “didn’t matter”. You lie to yourself about that, not to me or anyone else. Your blatant willful ignorance is your issue, not anyone else’s.

strawmans argument like I thought. again if the price “dropped” to a 5th wouldn’t more than 1 team be interested? if there’s a drop like you say, and still zero interest? Jerry must have really said something bad! lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’s simple really. Because other teams got far greater compensation for their #1 receivers. And fir guys that required much, much bigger paydays than Cooper’s $20 million. The “contract” argument doesn’t hold water.

What year was the ‘receiver-by-committee’ debacle that led to the Cooper trade? 2017?

Yeah, Deja Vu.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wonder if Washington will be worth it. Was hoping one of our rookies would pan out.
Personally I just dont see it in Washington. He wasnt anything special in Pittsburgh and has missed the entire season. My expectations of him right now are no more than a 4th wr. I almost wonder if OBJ signs with the Cowboys if Washington is even on the team.

We will see though. Stranger things have happened.