What Is Your Unpopular Cowboys Opinion?

Aftershock

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is such an upstanding and outstanding leader everyone makes him out to be. Just feels like cope for his mild success from being drafted round 4 and to make it look less bad that he's not elite.

I think he's good at saying the right things in public but it comes off robotic to me. The stench of Garrett still remains on tattered clothes, I guess.

I think Zeke and Him do the same extra-curricular activities as any other young NFL star, Dak is just good at hiding it from the public.

I like Dak as a person, and I know he's been through a lot of personal hardships. But I wish everyone would stop hailing him as some heroic angelic jesus-like figure. He's the same as every other young QB trying to make it big.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
I saw this somewhere and thought it would be fun to hear others opinions.

It can be anything, historical or current. I'll start:

I think Tony Romo might be the most talented Cowboys QB ever, but he was ruined by bad defenses, Jason Garrett, and injuries. I also believe that if we went back to him in 2016 we would've had a much better shot reaching the Super Bowl. I supported sticking with Dak at the time, because I was over Romo always missing time, but Romo was probably the best option that year looking back. It would have also gave Dak a great veteran QB to learn behind.
His offensive lines were atrocious as well.. Protect him first and no team would have been able to outscore them!

Proof

Reaction score
also it was zacks fault not Demarcos on the infamous fumble in green bay. julius peppers absolutely pantsed him and had him touching his toes. Zack makes that block and we’re super bowl bound imo

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Cowboys get to the Super Bowl if Tony Romo never gets hurt.
Can you image him being teamed with Zeke?
I’ve never really liked Kellen Moore and don’t care if he’s gone next year. I think he was way too young and inexperienced to take over as a play caller. He’s overhyped by fans on this board and by the media. Don’t think he’s really that great of a play caller and got too much credit earlier in the season.
:hammer:

I think it's scandalous Jerry wastes this Ferrari of an offense on a kid who can't steer a moped clearly.
Jerry could have won at least two to three Super Bowls in the past 25 years if he had just stayed out of football operations and hired a competent GM.
Instead, he likes to experiment, hoping to strike oil when all he's doing is fiddling in the dirt as more sophisticated clubs employ technology to determine the spot of the next oil gusher.

It's simply ridiculous we've wasted years on coaches like Phillips and Garrett and Moore. :mad:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
also it was zacks fault not Demarcos on the infamous fumble in green bay. julius peppers absolutely pantsed him and had him touching his toes. Zack makes that block and we’re super bowl bound imo
No, the way Murray held the ball, he was bound to get striped. I was saying all season long he's going to fumble at the most inopportune time based on how he held the ball.
And, viola, it happened in the playoff game.
We score there, we take a commanding lead.
Yes, Zack should have made the block. But Murray should have held the ball like Tiki Barber learned to hold it, and he wouldn't have fumbled.

fredp22

Reaction score
Lincoln Riley should be our HC. This would be his 2nd year and the team would be growing into better shape than we are in now.
MM is as overrated as Aaron Rodgers said

shabazz

Reaction score
I like Dak as a person, and I know he's been through a lot of personal hardships. But I wish everyone would stop hailing him as some heroic angelic jesus-like figure. He's the same as every other young QB trying to make it big.

It’s true that Dak is young by the standards of people over 50 but he’s no longer a young Qb. He’s a 6th year starter/veteran and there’are true freshmen QBs in the league showing real talent, poise and intelligence with lesser personnel around them.

One of the little tricks some of his Apologists like to throw in is “ he’s a wonderful young man”.....if they keep his image as a babe in the woods , fans expectations will remain low...as well as the bar.

As the old man in Talladega Nights said, “ he was a grown man, he has a beard”.....he’s almost 30

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
No, the way Murray held the ball, he was bound to get striped. I was saying all season long he's going to fumble at the most inopportune time based on how he held the ball.
And, viola, it happened in the playoff game.
We score there, we take a commanding lead.
Yes, Zack should have made the block. But Murray should have held the ball like Tiki Barber learned to hold it, and he wouldn't have fumbled.
Well said , it was poor luck also , that play was total turnaround, but still we should have won that game , either the Dez catch stood , or Romo had taken a underneath 1st down play ( hopefully D stops AR after , LOL )

Aftershock

Reaction score
It’s true that Dak is young by the standards of people over 50 but he’s no longer a young Qb. He’s a 6th year starter/veteran and there’are true freshmen QBs in the league showing real talent, poise and intelligence with lesser personnel around them.

One of the little tricks some of his Apologists like to throw in is “ he’s a wonderful young man”.....if they keep his image as a babe in the woods , fans expectations will remain low...as well as the bar.

As the old man in Talladega Nights said, “ he was a grown man, he has a beard”.....he’s almost 30
That’s true. He is no longer young and is a seasoned vet so we should hold him up to a certain standard especially after the huge contract. But people still want to baby him. To me, you get paid the big bucks? You better produce on the field I don’t care if you donate all your $ to charity or attend 50 boys and girl clubs events.

shabazz

Reaction score
That’s true. He is no longer young and is a seasoned vet so we should hold him up to a certain standard especially after the huge contract. But people still want to baby him. To me, you get paid the big bucks? You better produce on the field I don’t care if you donate all your $ to charity or attend 50 boys and girl clubs events.

......true but he did buy sneakers for his teammates so there’s probably a humanitarian award to be given by the NFL......inspire change.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Barry Quit..
th