What Makes Anyone Think Dak is Worth More Than Cousins?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Everything being equal, if I had a choice between the two, I'd take Dak. But it's only a slight preference. At the end of the day, I think if you put the same group of guys and same system around either guy, you'd get the same results - i.e., pretty stats, but not much in the way of postseason success.
:hammer:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
personally I wouldn’t sign either, I would trade either one if I could and go with a rookie and surround the team with talent and depth, as far the argument at hand, Dak is not worth more than Cousins, if you were to swap them out, you wouldn’t see a drop off with Cousins on this team.

leeblair

Reaction score
Cousins is getting 45 million a year with his new contract in Atlanta.

His average season with Minnesota was 30 TDs and 10 INTs.

Daks average season is 28 TDs and 10 INTs.

At the time of his injury last season Cousins was on pace for 38 TDs, 11 INTs, and 4,950 yards.

Thats 500 more yards, 2 more TDs, and only 2 more INTs than Daks runner up MVP season.

Through the first 8 games for Dak, before Cousins injury, Dak had 2,011 yards, 13 TDs, and 5 INTs while Cousins had 2,331 yards, 18 TDs, and 5 INTs.

Is it the injury? Age? Big whoop.Cousins will be his consistent self next year just like he always is while who knows what we’re going to get from Dak with the drama and roster shakeup hovering around.

Both guys do nothing in the playoffs, so that’s pointless to argue.

Basically, there is no universe where Dak should be making over 15 million a year more than Cousins, who has always been the better and more consistent QB between the two.
You're playing into their hands when you quote stats. Dak fans like stats.
Stats don't show how Dak shuts down every time the Cowboys needed a real quarterback.
Stats don't show how Dak has been carried vs even the weak teams, but when he was supposed to step up and lead he didn't.
Stats are how losers defend themselves. Winners have wins.

Loso86

Reaction score
Cousins is getting 45 million a year with his new contract in Atlanta.

His average season with Minnesota was 30 TDs and 10 INTs.

Daks average season is 28 TDs and 10 INTs.

At the time of his injury last season Cousins was on pace for 38 TDs, 11 INTs, and 4,950 yards.

Thats 500 more yards, 2 more TDs, and only 2 more INTs than Daks runner up MVP season.

Through the first 8 games for Dak, before Cousins injury, Dak had 2,011 yards, 13 TDs, and 5 INTs while Cousins had 2,331 yards, 18 TDs, and 5 INTs.

Is it the injury? Age? Big whoop.Cousins will be his consistent self next year just like he always is while who knows what we’re going to get from Dak with the drama and roster shakeup hovering around.

Both guys do nothing in the playoffs, so that’s pointless to argue.

Basically, there is no universe where Dak should be making over 15 million a year more than Cousins, who has always been the better and more consistent QB between the two.
Why would any sane person think cousins is better than Dak!?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
For the record I do think Dak is a better player than Cousins, but it's not a crazy statement to say it the other way around. Statistically these guys are extremely close and have had IMO similar talent levels around them in recent years.

stiletto

Reaction score
What's the difference between them besides some regular season stuff? Both are terrible come big games and playoffs. Why split hairs? They both are not good enough and both overpaid.

Loso86

Reaction score
What's the difference between them besides some regular season stuff? Both are terrible come big games and playoffs. Why split hairs? They both are not good enough and both overpaid.
Let's be real it doesn't matter, yall can argue about it all day DANIEL JONES, MAKES MORE THAN COUSINS OR CLOSE. These QBs will get paid rather deserved or not

Loso86

Reaction score
For the record I do think Dak is a better player than Cousins, but it's not a crazy statement to say it the other way around. Statistically these guys are extremely close and have had IMO similar talent levels around them in recent years.
Daks better years are in front Cousins has been what he is straight thru consistently not great but just good and Dak is better than he is. Cousins has had more let downs in his career playoff included than Dak too

Loso86

Reaction score
How about posting evidence, like I did, to contradict what I said and prove your opinion?

Your personal feelings on it mean less than nothing.
It's not personal opinion just common sense of these QBs are anywhere close to good and consistent THEY WILL GET PAID BIG NUMBERS it's the way of the league so get over it! Rather they should or shouldn't doesn't matter 1 but. Daniel Jones is on the books for 47 mil so by your statistical standards yes Dak deserves 13 more mil than him!

Redline360

Reaction score
Basically the same quarterback and imo better then Dak by a small margin simply due to the fact he has put up similar stats playing behind far less talent. Commanders team was a dumpster fire. Vikings OL for majority of his career was bottom tier(greatly improved 2022,2023 ) and bar a season some of the worst defense in the nfl. Dak simply has had far superior supporting talent every year which is not even debatable.

Cousins also willed that Vikings team into the playoffs in 2022 something Dak could never do imo. Dak probably wins 5 or 6 games max.

While I think Cousins is slightly better it doesn't matter as he's not the guy either at the end of the day.

Dak: regular season career
99 passer rating
67 cmp%
5.2 TD% , 1.9 INT%
7.6 Y/A, 7.8 AY/A, 11.4 Y/C

Playoffs:
91.8 passer rating
64.5 cmp%
5.1 TD%, 2.5 INT%
7.1 Y/A, 7.0 AY/A, 11 Y/C

Cousins: regular season career
98.2 passer rating
66.9 cmp%
5.2 TD% , 2.1 INT%
7.6 Y/A, 7.7 AY/A, 11.4 Y/C

Playoffs:
93.7 passer rating
66.5 cmp%
3.2 TD%, .6 INT%
6.8 Y/A, 7.1 AY/A, 10.2 Y/C

Looking at the numbers they are vastly similar in almost all aspects with Dak being slightly better in the regular season. Playoffs Cousins has better "face value stats" even with his first playoff game coming in at the end of the game and doing nothing.

Dak is nowhere near worth that much more then Cousins.

stiletto

Reaction score
Let's be real it doesn't matter, yall can argue about it all day DANIEL JONES, MAKES MORE THAN COUSINS OR CLOSE. These QBs will get paid rather deserved or not
Don't care, just want the Cowboys QB to win come playoff time. That is a standard everyone should have. Dak/Cousins have both had plenty of chances so arguing about them is like arguing over which bowl of crap to eat.

Loso86

Reaction score
Don't care, just want the Cowboys QB to win come playoff time. That is a standard everyone should have. Dak/Cousins have both had plenty of chances so arguing about them is like arguing over which bowl of crap to eat.
True inky 3 QBs in the league have had complete success so the argument goes 27 or 28 starting QBs deep