What makes me chuckle about the QB situation

Proof

Reaction score
What I think it funny is that people keep referring to a broken ankle as a "horrific injury" like it is the 1950's.

We have seen several NFL Players come back from a broken ankle with much less time than Dak will have had to heal and be as just as, and sometimes more, productive as they were before. Even in positions where mobility is much more important than it is for QBs.

I know people like to point to Alex Smith's injury as the "rule", but his inability to recover had virtually nothing to do with the injury itself and everything to do with the mistakes made by the medical personnel.

Now if you want to cry about a contract that has not been even signed yet, go ahead. I refuse to speculate or discuss anymore as it is a complete waste of time.

All I am saying is that IF Dak regresses at all coming back in 2021 (regardless of what team he plays for), the chances of it having to do with his broken ankle is so extremely low that it is really approaching 0%.

Just sayin'

Vita Vea broke his ankle like 4 months ago lol

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.
:clap:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak is steamrolling the nfl and it started with rookie of the year. He was even in the conversation for MVP that year.
As much as you trolls can’t face the music, dak has made you look like like a football dunce.

Yeah, Dak is such a playoffs success. We are so lucky to have this stats hound here. I am so tired of winning!!!!
:muttley:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
*sighs* another Dak thread. My desire is for Jerry to keep Dak, but he needs to act on that sooner than later, or let him go. I don't know what else to say. I mean, there's only so many ways that this debate can be argued before it becomes more boring than a long car ride or older than Wakko's sandwiches.

*sits at a piano and starts playing*

Posters have run out of ideas for fresh new threads,
So Cowboyszone did the only thing it knows
Can we afford Dak Prescott
Is Dak staying with the Cowboys
Is Dak the worst QB is what they're craving
(I know that's a thread worth saving *rolls eyes*)
I vote for Dak's a great QB for the next thread

*puts on a Dak jersey and tosses a football*

Reboot them, renew them
Reshoot them, redo them
And reuse them, retool them
Abuse them, just do them
If you wanna make some easy likes, just recycle and rehash the Dak posts

Repeat them, rеinstate them
Reheat the posts, rеcreate the old ideas
There's no need to feel frustrated with new threads
Simply just regurgitate them

For a guaranteed likes smash
Dig up the Dak threads out of the trash
Come on
Just reboot them

Dak should stay, and Dak should go
Is Jerry set on keeping Dak?
Dak's ankle, Twin Dak threads and trade Dak
Go catch Dak in San Diego

Just relax and take the flak
If people want them, bring them back
Dak needs to stay, Dak needs to go, and you don't know football if you think otherwise
Just reboot it, 'cause it sells

Take something debatable, then drag it on for days
Shamelessly make it aggressive
Even if the old fans hate it

Get the Dak threads cleared

You've done sequels, tried for prequels of debates
Think of all the threads that equals
Utilizing these techniques will make your threads revered
Threads revered

Reboot them, renew them
Reshoot them, redo them
Abuse them, just do them

(For those that don't know, this is a parody of a song from the new Animaniacs reboot)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
*sighs* another Dak thread. My desire is for Jerry to keep Dak, but he needs to act on that sooner than later, or let him go. I don't know what else to say. I mean, there's only so many ways that this debate can be argued before it becomes more boring than a long car ride or older than Wakko's sandwiches.

*sits at a piano and starts playing*

Posters have run out of ideas for fresh new threads,
So Cowboyszone did the only thing it knows
Can we afford Dak Prescott
Is Dak staying with the Cowboys
Is Dak the worst QB is what they're craving
(I know that's a thread worth saving *rolls eyes*)
I vote for Dak's a great QB for the next thread

*puts on a Dak jersey and tosses a football*

Reboot them, renew them
Reshoot them, redo them
Abuse them, just do them

Repeat them, rеinstate them
Reheat the posts, rеcreate the old ideas
There's no need to feel frustrated with new threads
Simply just regurgitate them

For a guaranteed likes smash
Dig up the Dak threads out of the trash
Come on
Just reboot them

Dak should stay, and Dak should go
Is Jerry set on keeping Dak?
Dak's ankle, Twin Dak threads and trade Dak
Go catch Dak in San Diego

Just relax and take the flak
If people want them, bring them back
Dak needs to stay, Dak needs to go, and you don't know football if you think otherwise
Just reboot it, 'cause it sells

Take something debatable, then drag it on for days
Shamelessly make it aggressive
Even if the old fans hate it

Get the Dak threads cleared

You've done sequels, tried for prequels of debates
Think of all the threads that equals
Utilizing these techniques will make your threads revered
Threads revered

Reboot them, renew them
Reshoot them, redo them
Abuse them, just do them

(For those that don't know, this is a parody of a song from the new Animaniacs reboot)

Oh. I thought it was from a gay musical.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh. I thought it was from a gay musical.

tenor.gif

Kwyn

Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.
I would love to hear your master plan to get a Super Bowl level QB if we just let Dak walk.

Kwyn

Reaction score
From a strict financial & salary cap ramifications- signing Dak is not in beat interest

We need to draft a QB and hope

Way to many other holes to fill to field a championship caliber team.

We can sign Dak and hope this 1 player makes it worth it or we can draft & sign FA to fill multiple positions......
Hope is not a strategy

CWR

Reaction score

No we don't, way to show your colors on an otherwise "objective" post.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I agree we're treating the injury like muscle sprain that lingered the entire season. Yet everyone is talking about Dak's leverage and getting more money based on the first 5 games. We want to assume he'll be 100%, but who knows outside of the doctors and Dak. At this point I would offer a similar deal to last year with potential outs. For example x amount is guaranteed in 2021, but then there are guarantees that can be picked up years following. Hard to commit otherwise.

Flamma

Reaction score
Look, when it comes to what Dak should be paid or what he shouldn't...its irrelevant. ITs about what the Cowboys are willing to pay him. And he's going to get paid. I get the logic behind what you're saying. He's coming off a injury....he should play on a friendly deal...in a perfect world he gives us a home discount.

But let's real discuss the topic at hand here.......

This deal should've been done long ago. Dak should've been re-signed before Wentz and Goff. They didn't do it so now they pay for it. In the NFL or sports for the matter you don't get rewarded for incompetence. You rarely do. So the Cowboys screwed up on not signing him earlier? They have to pay that price now or let him walk. ITs that simple. There's no easier way to do this or no cheaper.

Both the Eagles and Rams regret extending them. Jerry will know that feeling too.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

There is so much personal opinion passed off as fact in this commentary it has the feeling it might have been written by Skip Bayless.

Your Dak is not worth it and Dak has hit his ceiling is strictly opinion. Yet you toss it out like it is cast in stone facts. I agree we as fan have no idea how he will play once he hits the field. But of all the top ten quarterbacks in this league, I'd say Dak would be in the top three of a players who could suffers this type of injury and works his tail off to get back to better than ever. He has a self drive and self worth, without bordering on inflated ego, which you don't see very often in a team leader.

Brady and Mahomes do not win the games by themselves. Neither does Rodgers.

Outside of them, the rest may be a level below, but two of those three will be retiring soon. And Mahomes will not win it every year.

So this fatalist attitude from the DakDoubters is bordering on superstition.

The league made this problem with their cap. The player doesn't owe the team, nor the fans any discount.

If that rubs you the wrong way, I understand Cricket season starts soon. I hear those guys are paid by the hour.

Reactions: CWR

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
If they let Dak walk then yes they didn’t really lose out. But do you think for one second the same team that overpaid Jaylon Smith, Amari Cooper, Zeke and Demarcus Lawrence are gonna now all of a sudden sign their own free agent for a fair price lol?

Maybe the FO have finally learned one too many lessons and dak just gets the crap end of the stick!

Perfect time to turn the corner.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

That's a great point. That's why I'm for drafting a QB and letting them compete. If Dak's still got it and wins the competition, that's great. You've got your guy and a talented, if raw, backup. If he's not himself anymore, then you go with the new guy and develop hopefully your next franchise QB. Quarterbacks competing for the job can be a good thing.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak > Quincy Carter, Chad Hennie, Ryan Leaf, and Romo. Why would the Cowboys would want to relive in area of finding another QB when they got one?

Cmac

Reaction score

Kinda made the argument why he should get paid. The 1st injury and only injury. Glass half filled or half empty.

Kinda made the argument why he should get paid. The 1st injury and only injury. Glass half filled or half empty.

Your theory didn't keep Romo from getting paid. A few more injuries AFTER the Big contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both the Eagles and Rams regret extending them. Jerry will know that feeling too.
That’s a short sighted way of thinking about it. Rams have give a few bad contracts out not just Goff. Same goes for Wentz. Had they managed their crap better it wouldn’t be a issue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe the FO have finally learned one too many lessons and dak just gets the crap end of the stick!

Perfect time to turn the corner.
Yikes. Good luck with thinking Jerry will ever change. Like I said man you guys either aren’t paying attention or just in denial lol.