What makes me chuckle about the QB situation

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.

I see we found our local garbage man.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Both the Eagles and the Rams did it and are now paying out the nose for it. The Rams had to give up a first round draft pick for the Lions to accept him and his ridiculous contract. The Eagles are trying desperately to dump Wentz because of his ridiculous contract. So, you are telling us we have to make the same mistake as the Eagles and Rams now since we didn't make the same mistake two years ago?

Maybe the Cowboys didn't make a mistake two years ago and Dak isn't all that. Maybe there are almost just as good options at a fraction of the cap-killing cost Dak is demanding. Maybe the Cowboys did not sign Dak because his demands were ridiculous.

Maybe your just hater who doesn’t understand football.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s a short sighted way of thinking about it. Rams have give a few bad contracts out not just Goff. Same goes for Wentz. Had they managed their crap better it wouldn’t be a issue.

But it's the same story playing out. If you give market value to any QB that starts, the teams with better QBs are going to be at a huge advantage.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.
Since 2016, there have been 69 QBs drafted, of those 69 QBs the only ones you would want would be Mahomes, Prescott, Allen, Herbert, Jackson, Watson, Burrow, and Murray. That is 8 out of 69. Seven of those were drafted in the first round (Jackson at 32 just made it) and Dak the only one after the 1st round. It is easy finding a QB in any round and 1st round bust like Goff and Wentz and others really hurt your team for years. When you get a good one, you pay them regardless unless you want to be the Jets every year. Crazy price for Dak, crazy talk about Dak, I think not. The NFL evaluators see Dak not only as the top free agent this year but also last year and even with his injury he still rated as top 10 QB in 2020. Hate on Dak all you want but other than Lawrence this year in the draft and even he is a crap shoot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But it's the same story playing out. If you give market value to any QB that starts, the teams with better QBs are going to be at a huge advantage.
I mean maybe. Like I said above, if the Eagles wouldn't have handed out all those contracts to old veterans like Alshon Jeffrey's and Desean Jackson they wouldn't be in the situation they are in now. If they had drafted DK Metcalf rather than JJ Artega Whiteside they would be far better off.

Its easy to sit here and blame signing the quarterback but its not like they are making great moves outside of it lol. If you hand your QB that type of money you better be drafting much better than you are. The Rams haven't had a 1st rounder since 2016.......Eagles have traded draft picks and have sucked. You put your team in a whole trying to draft without a 1st rounder. Ask the Cowboys. Everytime they've done it they've hurt themselves. See 2009 and the Trysten Hill draft.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

You scoff at people based on what you think they claim to know then claim to know something you couldn't possibly know, either.

That makes me chuckle. :muttley:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's called the "market".

Deshaun may not have won anything, but his contract has set the market for Dak. They are similar players.

You may not like the market, thinking it's too high. That's fine. Dak does not want to be paid like he's won the Super Bowl 10 times. He wants what the market dictates. And that's Deshaun Watson money who has accomplshed about the samw as Dak has.

You may not care what those other QB's make but I can assure you Dak agent does. That's what he uses to make Dak's case.
Sometimes I go to the market and the produce looks old and the fish is starting to smell,, nobodys going to make me buy it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah, Dak is such a playoffs success. We are so lucky to have this stats hound here. I am so tired of winning!!!!
:muttley:

Dak is winless in playoff games when the opponent scores 30 or more points. Every QB in Cowboys history is winless in playoff games when the opponent scores 30+ points.

We have some very simplistic fans. Are you sure you actually watch football?:muttley:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

yeah, people seem to be totally dismissive of the injury severity. Ive been watching football 49 years and Dak is one of the 4 worst on-field injuries I have seen, at least in a visible sense. Two of the others did not come back, the other is Alex Smith. What is in Daks favor is his youth. But yeah you have to be concerned

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
stats Prescott is such a badasp he was wanting the doctors to put a bandaid on it and let him back in. lmao, yep that sounds like something the groupies would have said.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'd like to revisit this after the 2021 season, I think Stafford is going to make the Rams contenders.

They were contenders with Goff.

Is Stafford better than Goff...? Of course.

But my gosh did they give up a lot for him.

These guys all have similar impacts on the outcomes of games. The difference is Goff was doing it mostly because he had a great coach but it's their fault for overpaying him.

Almost everyone has mis-evaluated Goff from the jump.

Turk

Reaction score
Dak is steamrolling the nfl and it started with rookie of the year. He was even in the conversation for MVP that year.
As much as you trolls can’t face the music, dak has made you look like like a football dunce.
you are acting just as much a troll as anyone here
since you label anyone DARING to disagree with you as such

Turk

Reaction score
Dak wants to be paid exactly what this inferior guys got paid. You don't get paid based on Super Bowls lol. IF you did Romo would've never been re-signed here.

It is your opinion they are inferior. Which means NOTHING.