What makes me chuckle about the QB situation

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I actually agree, even though I want Dak resigned. As crappy as it is for Dak, the injury has to factor into the contract negotiations.

I don't agree that he's reached his ceiling however. That absurd to think when he was on his way to his best season ever, and he's still in his mid 20s

Dak will be 28 when the season starts. While I agree that I would not consider him to be "old", I don't think I would call him young either. He should be in his prime right now IMO.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what makes me chuckle is the ones who say it doesn't matter because we are not winning a Superbowl anytime soon, but they are adamant that we sign dak. LOL, why? You guys said we weren't winning crap anytime soon, so why be so demanding to sign him. LMAO. Yep, I'm chuckling too.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Both the Eagles and the Rams did it and are now paying out the nose for it. The Rams had to give up a first round draft pick for the Lions to accept him and his ridiculous contract. The Eagles are trying desperately to dump Wentz because of his ridiculous contract. So, you are telling us we have to make the same mistake as the Eagles and Rams now since we didn't make the same mistake two years ago?

Maybe the Cowboys didn't make a mistake two years ago and Dak isn't all that. Maybe there are almost just as good options at a fraction of the cap-killing cost Dak is demanding. Maybe the Cowboys did not sign Dak because his demands were ridiculous.

The Rams gave up 9 picks total on Goff. They gave up the 15th overall pick in 2016, a future 1st round pick, 2 second round picks and 2 third round picks, just to move up to get Goff.

They then traded their 2022 1st round pick, their 2023 1st round pick and their 2021 3rd round pick, plus Goff and ate over 22 mil just to get rid of him a few years later, all to get out from under his contract, which BTW, would have paid him 28, 25, 25 and 26 mil over the next four years.

This is how it's going to work, IMO, if these QBs and agents continue to demand these contracts. The Cowboys have been more then generous, in terms of guaranteed up front money, reportedly. I hope that Dak is paying attention to this. Things could be a lot worse then taking a five year, 100 plus mil fully guaranteed, 35 AAV deal with the Cowboys. This is what cap strap looks like. Guaranteed money that has been reported on, for the Prescott deal makes his deal tight. That's a good, good deal. That's security and that's about the best thing you could ask for in this day and age IMO.

2022 1st-round pick, 2023 1st-round pick, 2021 3rd-round pick and Jared Goff

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.
that's your wishful thinking that he is injured so bad that he doesn't come back and play...are you that desparate and have no other arguments and angles?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak is winless in playoff games when the opponent scores 30 or more points. Every QB in Cowboys history is winless in playoff games when the opponent scores 30+ points.

We have some very simplistic fans. Are you sure you actually watch football?:muttley:

I watch football thoroughly while I practice me dance moves.
And your QB has more excuses for being average than ... anybody!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you are acting just as much a troll as anyone here
since you label anyone DARING to disagree with you as such

I like my top 5 qb. Nothing troll about it. Spewing lies to discredit your top 5 qb is what a pathetic troll would do.

GO root for another team, no one will miss you here.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak will be 28 when the season starts. While I agree that I would not consider him to be "old", I don't think I would call him young either. He should be in his prime right now IMO.
Lets just say he's like a junior in JC.:)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don’t see how the injury factors in at all.
They act like his throwing arm or shoulder got broken..... it was an ankle which has little to do with a QB throwing the ball. A broken ankle doesn't stop you from planting your foot and throwing.

Cmac

Reaction score
Some should just come out and say it......They simply don't want Dak to be the Face of the Franchise. Romo got a huge contract, followed by more injuries and ill-timed mistakes in Big Games. C'mon Man!!

Turk

Reaction score
Some should just come out and say it......They simply don't want Dak to be the Face of the Franchise. Romo got a huge contract, followed by more injuries and ill-timed mistakes in Big Games. C'mon Man!!
and of course the idiocy of this claim about Romo's mistakes lives on.

Fact was that Romo took chances because he KNEW we did not have the team or coaching to play it safer.

Which has been PROVEN conclusively over the last few years.

I can see Dak if he stays beginning to start to take more chances to make up for the organizations weaknesses.

And in time the same idiocy will be said about him as Romo.

Sadly, as long as the Jones run things I see no change.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hahaha!!!!

It's the same bunch whining every day about Dak!

Hey, Dak is going to get paid whether you like it or not, but I'm hopeful it's a friendly deal where both sides agree. Plus, we all know Jerry and Stephen are not that dumb to risk paying Dak without some kind of clause that allows the Cowboys to cut bait "in case" Dak's injured leg gets injured again or starts giving him problems.

So...sit back...relax...and enjoy the ride. :cool:

Cmac

Reaction score
and of course the idiocy of this claim about Romo's mistakes lives on.

Fact was that Romo took chances because he KNEW we did not have the team or coaching to play it safer.

Which has been PROVEN conclusively over the last few years.

I can see Dak if he stays beginning to start to take more chances to make up for the organizations weaknesses.

And in time the same idiocy will be said about him as Romo.

Sadly, as long as the Jones run things I see no change.
Its funny.....Dak has leverage whether some want to admit or at least, acknowledge it.....the past offers comparisons with salary and play.....and it doesn't show any rings or coming close to a ring.....in over 20+ years. That's the comical part. 2 (Romo/Witten)....headed for ROH (no rings).....and yet Jerry can't bring himself to place Jimmy in the ROH. Says all you need to know about the state of business for this franchise.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What is clear for the longest time is the cowboys way overvalue their own players vs what is available I'm free agency or the draft. There are a few exceptions where they showed restraint but if the player has any household popularity they give them a blank check without much thought. It's sad missuse of limited resources.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They act like his throwing arm or shoulder got broken..... it was an ankle which has little to do with a QB throwing the ball. A broken ankle doesn't stop you from planting your foot and throwing.

What is Jerry going to do? Walk into the room and tell the agent that he wants to pay Dak less because he is damaged goods? That wont go well at all. It would be a dumb tactic.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I keep reading this: trade Dak.

Dak does not have a contract. He is a free agent. He can't be traded.
he is NOT a FA, he simply in limbo..the DC own hos rights as his 2020 FT holds until league year renews then theres window to negotiate and retag or sign or trade dak but Dak will get the FT again yes and he has to sign it to be traded but if he wants out and agrees to trade , umm yes trades are an option.. even if he refuse to sign tag he CAN NOT negotiate with other teams, reality's check..now on a NE TAG if he signs it he can seek offers but cowboys can match or trade for minimum 2 firsts..

is that hard to Understand? he is Not FA period end of story..

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
that's your wishful thinking that he is injured so bad that he doesn't come back and play...are you that desparate and have no other arguments and angles?

Talk about over exaggerating. I said the fans are not sure how daks long term health will fair after the injury, and it is kind of silly to be talking about Daks contract situation as if nothing has happened to him.

Imo there is a little denial there when it comes to some fans about dak, and I believe it has to do with the cowboys not having much since aikman and emmitt. Remember the drout before Romo and Murray (or the little time they played together)? You did not like that drout. Now you have Dak and Zeke.

They treat Zeke the same way. They would rather these guys get signed ignoring the flaws and decline because they just dont want to lose that big name at the position.

DAK & ZEKE, DAK & ZEKE, DAK & ZEKE.

I believe some of you are afraid we will lose the big names and never find success at the positions again. You are the kind of fan that get paranoid about things like this.

Even in flaws, health, and decline, you want them signed because you are just scared of the positions being irrelevant for the next 5-10 years. You dont want to go back in between that time of aikman and Romo. I get it.

Dak and Zeke could both become paralyzed tomorrow........SIGN'EM AT ALL CAUSE NECESSARY.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I like my top 5 qb. Nothing troll about it. Spewing lies to discredit your top 5 qb is what a pathetic troll would do.

GO root for another team, no one will miss you here.
No reason for anyone to get mad at another user here on things we can't control. This isn't directed at just you.