What makes me chuckle about the QB situation

flyinghorse

Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.

Finally someone’s looking at Daks injury realistically.
This wasn’t a sprained ankle!! You don’t just wrap this kind of injury w/ice, rest it & it’s like new again a few weeks later. When your foot is pointing the wrong direction.....your in for some serious surgery & long term rehab.....we have no idea how Daks foot is gonna hold up in the short term or long term & you can bet that’s gonna be REALLY DAMN IMPORTANT To JJ Before He Decides On How Big Of A Number To Put On Daks Contract (And If There’s Any Doubts In JJ’s Mind About Daks Foot/Ankle....Dak And The Rest Of Us Can Forget About That Contract Completely)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.

Broke back mountain,, on his leg. He will be hesitant. Not the same...cha,,cha,,,...pay him anyway...ya

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hey I wasn't happy with either resignings. Elliott had another year plus the 5th year option and the Cowboys shouldn't caved on him. Smith should not have gotten as much as he did. But that doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys made a reasonable offer to Prescott after his 3rd season that he rejected and there was no way the Cowboys could force him to take it.
We don’t know what was offered just because Jerry and Stephen says it was a reasonable offer can mean anything especially if they are hung up on one year.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Imagine if Romo proves to be the more durable of the two in the end.

Romo would play with a punctured lung...never broke his wheel, that is the part that makes the body run.

Never saw him on crutches.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Romo also wasn’t a 5 year pro...At 27 he hadn’t even played a full NFL season yet lol. Nice try though.

What does that have to do with a serious injury? Romo had strong legs...not sure about Dak now,,,, pop goes the weasel.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak wants to be paid exactly what this inferior guys got paid. You don't get paid based on Super Bowls lol. IF you did Romo would've never been re-signed here.
I don't know why Romo has to be brought into the discussion always. In my opinion, Romo was a better passer, Dak is a better runner. But Dak is the current QB1 and faces the same scrutiny as all QB1's face who play for the Cowboys.

I want a championship team. They cost money. I don't see how paying the QB 15% of the cap gets you there, just like all the other teams who have recently paid these ridiculous amounts to less than elite QBs. They are going nowhere, just watch.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know why Romo has to be brought into the discussion always. In my opinion, Romo was a better passer, Dak is a better runner. But Dak is the current QB1 and faces the same scrutiny as all QB1's face who play for the Cowboys.

I want a championship team. They cost money. I don't see how paying the QB 15% of the cap gets you there, just like all the other teams who have recently paid these ridiculous amounts to less than elite QBs. They are going nowhere, just watch.

Romo gets brought up for the people who like to use "playoff wins" to say whether or not a guy should get paid. Eagles and Rams suck. They are not a good example of what happens when you pay your quarterback. Cowboys actually draft well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What does that have to do with a serious injury? Romo had strong legs...not sure about Dak now,,,, pop goes the weasel.
Because the guy said Romo didn't have a serious injury at 27....Romo wasn't even PLAYING until he became 27 so yeah he didn't have any injury. What type of injury should he have gotten holding a clipboard?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I sure hope you're not suggesting I'm a Dak hater. I support Dak, just like every player. I just support the team more.
To me if you support the team you have to support Dak especially knowing how incompetent this team is when it comes to finding a quarterback.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me if you support the team you have to support Dak especially knowing how incompetent this team is when it comes to finding a quarterback.
I do support Dak. And I like him as a player and human being. As a fan, I wish he would have taken the team's offer, but that doesn't make me anti-Dak.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
We don’t know what was offered just because Jerry and Stephen says it was a reasonable offer can mean anything especially if they are hung up on one year.

Ya it could have been 2 mil and a coupon for Chucky Cheese Pizza too. Unfortunately for you the amount was leaked out by France and it was 30 mil a year.

erod

Reaction score
Romo also wasn’t a 5 year pro...At 27 he hadn’t even played a full NFL season yet lol. Nice try though.
Yet he was already an infinitely better quarterback.

Keep spinning, Skippy.