What One Player Could Put Us Over The Hump?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
A good Safety is what has held us back for years on defense, it would increase the turnovers and limit the big plays. All the great defenses have a difference maker at safety and it's because they can get involved in every play, there's no avoiding them. That's why I'm on the Patrick Peterson bandwagon, he can be that guy for us.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3844469 said:
Not with this O-line he couldn't.

Oh please, Rodgers would wave his hand and the pass rushers would vanish into thin air. :laugh2:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man, Hulk can't be blocked and Spidey will never fumble plus he likes to use quippy one liners.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
fiveandcounting;3844307 said:
oh god, now we even have people on this board kissing this guys arse

Just because we have a few unbiased fans here who are willing to admit Rodgers is better than Romo you view that as kissing the guys ***? :rolleyes:

So you don't think Rodgers is a better QB than Romo?

Aven8

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;3844460 said:
Yeah, leadership. Just like Brooking.

Love his passion, but Brooking couldn't carry Ray's jock!

DA FAN

Reaction score
Didn't know we were one player away from getting over the hump. I must have watched a different Cowboys team this past season....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DA FAN;3844718 said:
Didn't know we were one player away from getting over the hump. I must have watched a different Cowboys team this past season....

The Cowboys are more than one player away but having a QB who's a leader and doesn't always suffer ill timed turnovers and can elevate their play when the crunch games arrive would certainly improve their situation.

The Cowboys need a solid playmaking safety who the corners don't have to help out all the time. Hopefully that would improve both CB's play.

They still may need a corner. They need a big DT/NT who can create some havoc upfront and they need to replace Colombo and Davis on the OL with a couple of solid players.

They need at least 4 SOLID players.

Reaction score
KJJ;3844737 said:
The Cowboys are more than one player away but having a QB who's a leader and doesn't always suffer ill timed turnovers and can elevate their play when the crunch games arrive would certainly improve their situation.

The Cowboys need a solid playmaking safety who the corners don't have to help out all the time. Hopefully that would improve both CB's play.

They still may need a corner. They need a big DT/NT who can create some havoc upfront and they need to replace Colombo and Davis on the OL with a couple of solid players.

They need at least 4 SOLID players.

obvioustroll.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3844469 said:
Not with this O-line he couldn't.

You think Rodgers had a better OL than Romo? :rolleyes: I suggest you remove your rose colored blinders if you dare because I'm about to prove you don't know what the heck you're talking about. LOL

Romo, Kitna and McGee combined were sacked less than Rodgers this past season.

Romo has been sacked 106 times in the 67 games he's started since 06.

Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 115 times in the 47 games he's started and suffered 2 concussions this season.

Romo has never been sacked more than 34 times in a season. Rodgers was sacked 50 times in 09.

In Romo's first 3 playoff games he was only sacked 6 times. Rodgers was sacked 8 times during the playoffs this past season which included 3 sacks in the SB.

Go back and review the SB Rodgers was under a lot of pressure but avoided defenders, maintained his poise and continued to make plays even with defenders in his face.

The Cowboys have a better than average pass protecting OL. Kitna a sitting duck who was sacked an incredible 129 times in only 36 games with Detroit was sacked 21 times in 9 starts with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys OL is a better pass protecting unit than both Green Bay and the Steelers and the stats clearly prove it.

You put Romo behind the Packers or Steelers OL he would be on the shelf every season and would have double the fumbles he has now.

Not only was the Cowboys OL a better a better pass protecting unit than Green Bays but the Cowboys were ranked 16th in rushing while the Packers were ranked 24th in rushing.

It's obvious you're nothing but a Romo apologist who has no clue what you're talking about. Try watching the games and doing some research. :toast:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3844754 said:

The difference between me and you is I'm an educated fan who's objective and tells it like it is and you're a homer/apologist.

Reaction score
KJJ;3844812 said:
You think Rodgers had a better OL than Romo? :rolleyes: I suggest you remove your rose colored blinders if you dare because I'm about to prove you don't know what the heck you're talking about. LOL

Romo, Kitna and McGee combined were sacked less than Rodgers this past season.

Romo has been sacked 106 times in the 67 games he's started since 06.

Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 115 times in the 47 games he's started and suffered 2 concussions this season.

Romo has never been sacked more than 34 times in a season. Rodgers was sacked 50 times in 09.

In Romo's first 3 playoff games he was only sacked 6 times. Rodgers was sacked 8 times during the playoffs this past season which included 3 sacks in the SB.

Go back and review the SB Rodgers was under a lot of pressure but avoided defenders, maintained his poise and continued to make plays even with defenders in his face.

The Cowboys have a better than average pass protecting OL. Kitna a sitting duck who was sacked an incredible 129 times in only 36 games with Detroit was sacked 21 times in 9 starts with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys OL is a better pass protecting unit than both Green Bay and the Steelers and the stats clearly prove it.

You put Romo behind the Packers or Steelers OL he would be on the shelf every season and would have double the fumbles he has now.

Not only was the Cowboys OL a better a better pass protecting unit than Green Bays but the Cowboys were ranked 16th in rushing while the Packers were ranked 24th in rushing.

It's obvious you're nothing but a Romo apologist who has no clue what you're talking about. Try watching the games and doing some research. :toast:

Romo only played 5 full games dude of course he was sacked less. If you honestly think Romo has a better line well then your a blind hater. Anyways I'm done responding to you. It's pretty obvious your just a blind Romo hater/troll.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3844824 said:
Romo only played 5 full games dude of course he was sacked less. If you honestly think Romo has a better line well then your a blind hater. Anyways I'm done responding to you. It's pretty obvious your just a blind Romo hater/troll.

:lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Did you even read my entire post or are you just dense? :rolleyes: Romo only played 5 full games but Kitna a SITTING DUCK played 9 1/2 games and McGee who's still learning the position played one game and all 3 QB's were sacked LESS than Rodgers this past season and you're still arguing Rodgers had the better OL? :lmao:

The Cowboys even ranked 8 spots higher than the Packers in rushing.

Kitna got sacked over 60 times one year in Detroit and he played good behind the Cowboys OL. The Cowboys played better with Kitna than Romo.

Anyone can see you're nothing but an excuse making apologist who ignores the facts. Go ahead and make yourself look silly. :rolleyes: :laugh2:

gbrittain

Reaction score

It would be impossible to assume that perhaps Tony has less sacks because he gets rid the ball, scrambles well, and etcetera.

If there is a bad stat, it is Romo's fault if it is something that shines a positive light on Romo well then it must be our good OL... :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: Impossible that Romo does a good job at avoiding sacks.

Romo's play makes our OL look much better than they are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
gbrittain;3844855 said:
Romo's play makes our OL look much better than they are.

I guess that explains why Kitna did such a good job while he was in there he made our OL look even better than Romo did.

Somehow Kitna who's not the most nimble of foot was able to scramble for 147 yards and complete 65.7% of his passes in the 9 1/2 games he played.

That was a higher completion percentage than Romo has ever had and Kitna's 147 rushing yards was more than Romo has ever had in a season.

It's amazing what an aging journeyman like Kitna was able to do behind our OL. :bow:

He even lost Dez for the final few games who he had developed some real good chemistry with and still managed to hang in and play well behind our OL. :bow:

When you analyze everything NO WAY IN HELL could Aaron Rodgers with his mobility, quick feet and pocket awareness have survived behind this Cowboys OL....impossible! :laugh2:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3845035 said:
Good call. If he was safety for every team we play all year wed be undefeated

:rolleyes: I guess that is why he was Defensive Player of the Year. When he is not 100%, the Steelers are not nearly the same team. SB showed that. Your hate is showing, pull up your pants.