What One Player Could Put Us Over The Hump?

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3845035 said:
Good call. If he was safety for every team we play all year wed be undefeated

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

what a noob

Strong Safety of the Year - Troy Polamalu, Steelers.

Troy Polamalu was hurt at the end of the year, but was outstanding otherwise. He had seven interceptions and didn't allow a single touchdown. Pittsburgh's Super Bowl run demonstrated how important he is to the team.

Get out. Or get informed.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
BAT;3845036 said:
:rolleyes: I guess that is why he was Defensive Player of the Year. When he is not 100%, the Steelers are not nearly the same team. SB showed that. Your hate is showing, pull up your pants.

He wasnt 100% so he decided to guess wrong on every play.

Come back to us Troy

http://img818.*************/img818/6470/woopsers.png

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Quest for Six;3843656 said:
This team is NOWHERE near one player away from a Superbowl team, more like ten players away...

Garrett took the 1-7 players and went 5-3. He was very close to going 7-1. So to say we are 10 players away doesnt make sense.

One good O-linemen. Another for depth.
One more good D-linemen. Another for depth.

Those are the only glaring needs.

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3845039 said:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

what a noob

Strong Safety of the Year - Troy Polamalu, Steelers.

Troy Polamalu was hurt at the end of the year, but was outstanding otherwise. He had seven interceptions and didn't allow a single touchdown. Pittsburgh's Super Bowl run demonstrated how important he is to the team.

Get out. Or get informed.

Troy is clearly past his prime. He's not what he was in 2008 not even close.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;3845109 said:
Garrett took the 1-7 players and went 5-3. He was very close to going 7-1. So to say we are 10 players away doesnt make sense.

One good O-linemen. Another for depth.
One more good D-linemen. Another for depth.

Those are the only glaring needs.

secondary, secondary, secondary..... especially safety. That's what we need to fix to have a good defense.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
rash;3843879 said:
That man is hidden at the bottom of our roster.

His name you may ask?

Akwasi
Owusu-
Ansah

I am really pumped for him this upcoming season and I truly think Rob Ryan will turn him into a ball hawk
dont hold your breath...

perrykemp

Reaction score
I'll go with Clay Matthews.

D.Ware rushing from one side and Clay Matthews rushing from the others would be awfully fun to watch.

burmafrd

Reaction score
FS the one position we do not even have a guy we HOPE can get the job done. The OLine guys have said they think that Sam Young is a possible at RT. At FS, there is some bleating about AOA but only from internet experts. Nothing else.
RT is a close second.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;3843592 said:
I wonder if you can trade draft picks for a GM.

I'd give up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th for him right now. All I'd want back is a 6th. Then I'd clap with my feet.

Can we trade Jerry Jones and Alex Barron for Pioli? Jerry can still own the Cowboys but run the Chiefs. :lmao2:

romo_19_55

Reaction score
There IS no one player to get US over the hump. We need to have successful offseason either drafting or signing via free agency a couple of Offensive Lineman (Left Guard & Right Tackle) and a BIG Power Back. Plus, we definitely NEED some depth for a long 18 game season with a high proability of injuries to our OL, ILB, RB, and secondary.

A good start in the DRAFT might be:

First Round: Although OT Tyson Smith is young (just turned 20yrs old in Dec), he's got excellent technique, quick feet, and is strong as a moose. Yes, he's underweight somewhat but he'll put on additional muscle in a short time. I have NO problem with the Boys drafting Tyson at Pick #9. He'll be an All-Pro in his second year and a fixture at LT for years. He may have to INTERN at RT for 1 yr but he's LT material and would be a STEAL at pick #9.

Round 2: Benjamin Ijalana OG (6'4" 320lbs) from Villanova. He's the real deal. Put him at Left Guard next to Doug Free (LT/6'6" 320lbs) and Andre Gurode (Center/6'4" 318lbs) and Leonard Davis (Right Guard/6'6" 355lbs) and Tyson Smith (RT/6'6" 300lbs) and we'd have a huge dominating OL again.

Round 3: Kenrick Ellis NT (6'5" 338lbs) or Jerrell Powe NT (6'2" 331lbs). We all know why we need a mammoth NT on our defensive line. Enough said. Let's go play some PHYSICAL football again!!!

Round 4: Kevin Sheppard ILB (6'2" 250lbs) or Nate Irving ILB (6'1" 242lbs) known as the Predator to provide some ILB depth. We all know that Sean Lee will be ready to take over for Keith Brookings but will Brook want to backup or retire.

Round 5: John Clay RB (6'1" 255lbs) . Bruiser from Wisconsin that played at RB but could play FB as well. A huge stud that the Cowboys have lacked for years but the top tier teams always have.

Round 6: Allen Bradford RB (5'11" 235lbs). Another big back for depth and to pound the rock behind a HUGE OL for 18 games.

Round 7: Tejay Johnson FS (6'0" 212lbs). Started TCU's last 36 games at FS on a defense that LED the nation in total defense for 3 straight years!!!

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
KJJ;3844812 said:
You think Rodgers had a better OL than Romo? :rolleyes: I suggest you remove your rose colored blinders if you dare because I'm about to prove you don't know what the heck you're talking about. LOL

Romo, Kitna and McGee combined were sacked less than Rodgers this past season.

Romo has been sacked 106 times in the 67 games he's started since 06.

Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 115 times in the 47 games he's started and suffered 2 concussions this season.

Romo has never been sacked more than 34 times in a season. Rodgers was sacked 50 times in 09.

In Romo's first 3 playoff games he was only sacked 6 times. Rodgers was sacked 8 times during the playoffs this past season which included 3 sacks in the SB.

Go back and review the SB Rodgers was under a lot of pressure but avoided defenders, maintained his poise and continued to make plays even with defenders in his face.

The Cowboys have a better than average pass protecting OL. Kitna a sitting duck who was sacked an incredible 129 times in only 36 games with Detroit was sacked 21 times in 9 starts with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys OL is a better pass protecting unit than both Green Bay and the Steelers and the stats clearly prove it.

You put Romo behind the Packers or Steelers OL he would be on the shelf every season and would have double the fumbles he has now.

Not only was the Cowboys OL a better a better pass protecting unit than Green Bays but the Cowboys were ranked 16th in rushing while the Packers were ranked 24th in rushing.

It's obvious you're nothing but a Romo apologist who has no clue what you're talking about. Try watching the games and doing some research. :toast:

TROLL SAYS WHAT.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
How many years are we going to keep saying this non sense about we're 1 player away?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
KJJ;3844812 said:
You think Rodgers had a better OL than Romo? :rolleyes: I suggest you remove your rose colored blinders if you dare because I'm about to prove you don't know what the heck you're talking about. LOL

Romo, Kitna and McGee combined were sacked less than Rodgers this past season.

Romo has been sacked 106 times in the 67 games he's started since 06.

Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 115 times in the 47 games he's started and suffered 2 concussions this season.

Romo has never been sacked more than 34 times in a season. Rodgers was sacked 50 times in 09.

In Romo's first 3 playoff games he was only sacked 6 times. Rodgers was sacked 8 times during the playoffs this past season which included 3 sacks in the SB.

Go back and review the SB Rodgers was under a lot of pressure but avoided defenders, maintained his poise and continued to make plays even with defenders in his face.

The Cowboys have a better than average pass protecting OL. Kitna a sitting duck who was sacked an incredible 129 times in only 36 games with Detroit was sacked 21 times in 9 starts with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys OL is a better pass protecting unit than both Green Bay and the Steelers and the stats clearly prove it.

You put Romo behind the Packers or Steelers OL he would be on the shelf every season and would have double the fumbles he has now.

Not only was the Cowboys OL a better a better pass protecting unit than Green Bays but the Cowboys were ranked 16th in rushing while the Packers were ranked 24th in rushing.

It's obvious you're nothing but a Romo apologist who has no clue what you're talking about. Try watching the games and doing some research. :toast:
I'll add to this and say Rodgers was under serious pressure from the Steelers in the Super Bowl, but somehow guys like this find a way. Staubach found a way. Instead of complaining about the pressure, do your home work, film study and make the quick reads.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Romo is a houdini at escaping sacks. He would have been sacked at least half again as much if he wasn't. Rodgers stands in there and will take a sack at times. Romo doesn't if he can help it. But at the same time running around trying to avoid sacks is not a great way to make plays. And unfortunately our O line usually picks Playoff games to have their worst games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
sonnyboy;3845348 said:
TROLL SAYS WHAT.

Appears from your avatar you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas better start behaving yourself. LOL

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
KJJ;3843613 said:
The one player who could get the Cowboys over the hump would be Aaron Rodgers or Romo elevating his game to Rodgers level.

I'd like to see three receivers on the Cowboys that could match up with Green Bay's receivers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Clove;3845562 said:
I'll add to this and say Rodgers was under serious pressure from the Steelers in the Super Bowl, but somehow guys like this find a way. Staubach found a way.

With the NFL such a passing league it's going to take a QB who can find a way or you won't be winning any SB's in this era.