What really concerns me about Dak

shabazz

Reaction score
Couple things-

Don't read these posts aloud using a crying man baby voice. That should help you with that first part.

Second- not a single poster here can do anything at all to upgrade the QB position for the Dallas Cowboys. This is a forum where fans give opinions. Conveniently, the format is the written word, which means any suggestions about what some are hearing are actually windows into their own predilections.
You're a genuine wordsmith (totally sincere compliment). Remind me never to get in your cross hairs..... :grin:

Oh no doubt. He had me at “predilections”

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, I didn't care for Wade Wilson, but he at least had extensive experience, the coaches job is to put the players in the best position to succeed, and Moore and Linehan just don't get it
Yup, what a change it was.

superonyx

Reaction score
What kind of question is this? Just stay pat at the most important position on the field and settle?

There's always a plan if a team wants to upgrade or at least attempt to upgrade the position. Philly and the Chiefs both did and KC was coming off a playoff year but they didn't want to stand pat with Alex Smith. I'd trade Lawrence and/or Jones, both of whom could command 1st round picks although Jones is borderline if teams would give up that much. No player would be off limits in exchange for draft picks to acquire a QB in the draft.
Yea philly did this and drafted Wentz who seems to need to be on the bench for their offense to function properly.
Why stop at the Chiefs? The Broncos did this and jumped us for Paxton Lynch.
The Titans did this and snatched up Marcus Mariotta. The Bucs got Jameis Winston. Or Blake Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater all went in the 1st round the previous year.
The Bills had tons of success drafting EJ Manual in the first the previous year. RG3 and Tannehill the previous year.

See how easy it is to upgrade from Dak?

Reality is harder than dreamville.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dak or any QB will have a more than terrible time playing with this playbook . It is simply atrocious and predictable for all the other teams in the league .

superonyx

Reaction score
Couple things-

Don't read these posts aloud using a crying man baby voice. That should help you with that first part.

Second- not a single poster here can do anything at all to upgrade the QB position for the Dallas Cowboys. This is a forum where fans give opinions. Conveniently, the format is the written word, which means any suggestions about what some are hearing are actually windows into their own predilections.
So answer the question. How are you upgrading the position.
Thanks for clearing up the confusion about posters here not being Jerry Jones. Whew!! Until you came along an stated the obvious for everyone I though either Jerry had 50 usernames on the zone or he was using this place to influence his decisions with roster moves. So just so we are clear i am asking for your opinion....i know you most likely are not Jerry Jones.

Most likely Dak isnt going anywhere. If this is indeed the case are you going to cry for the next decade or put on your best diaper and sack up? I'm curious. I wonder how many years of peoples lives will they dedicate to crying on a forum that they dont like the QB.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I am most concerned about Dak's inability to win over skeptical fans. It's a worrisome trait for a so-called "face of the franchise" and certainly worthy of further criticism. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he is seldom called out for single-handedly dividing the fan base. Hardly the kind of leadership for which he is frequently lauded.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What really concerns me about him is how most criticism seems to not motivate him or even up his level of play week to week.

There have been lots of bulletin board material some weeks where opponant players say "put it in Daks hands and we have a chance to win".

Dak sees it, accepts challenge, have his annual score drive, blow the rest with sacks and horrible passing, and barely escape defeat.

Recently this season there have also been Cowboys greats criticizing Dak and he still turns in the same level of performances.

Dak just doesnt have it just like aikman said, and imo Jerry should not extend dak. It will be a huge mistake and will bring this fanbase years more or rollercoaster ride football yet again.

We are at the vary end of the season with the playoffs about two weeks away and I am still looking for that motivational factor.

I am willing to go as far as saying a new coach or QB coach wont even help this guy. Some are born to be a QB and some are not.
If you really want to see how good Dak is just bench Zeke for a game and see what happens! Poor guy can't do anything!

Hadenough

Reaction score
I believe the Cowboys need to draft a QB with the intent of a serious competition to light a fire under dak.

Besides daks flaws, I believe he is entirely too comfortable.
I totally agree! But I also believe teams should always be looking to get better at the QB position by drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round looking to compete and win the job not a 6th or 7th round garbage throw away pick that is competing for a back up spot.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
You mean when he got hit by a bottle ? Freaking idiot

AWWWW i Sowrrry.. I didn't mean to hurt your little bitty feelings. Maybe we can still be friends.. Dak is the most wonderfullness bestest QB ever!! Better?

Haimerej

Reaction score
So answer the question. How are you upgrading the position.

I don't have the latest version, but you can usually edit the player ratings on Madden.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion about posters here not being Jerry Jones.

You're welcome. I like helping people. Makes me feel like life's worth living.

Whew!! Until you came along an stated the obvious for everyone I though either Jerry had 50 usernames on the zone or he was using this place to influence his decisions with roster moves.

That's silly. The guy would pay people to do that. He's rather wealthy, I hear.

So just so we are clear i am asking for your opinion....i know you most likely are not Jerry Jones.

It would be cool if I was. I'd definitely edit Dak's ratings. He could use a little more awareness. I'd make him left handed, too. That way Kellen could more effectively teach him.

Most likely Dak isnt going anywhere. If this is indeed the case are you going to cry for the next decade or put on your best diaper and sack up?

I haven't cried since I investigated the death of a 17 month old who was tortured by his father over the course of a week. Why do you keep projecting your sensitivities on strangers? This is a football fan site, dude.

I'm curious. I wonder how many years of peoples lives will they dedicate to crying on a forum that they dont like the QB.

Not sure. Probably about as many years as those who feel the need to defend said QB. Keep on fighting the good fight. It'll be worth it someday.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
AWWWW i Sowrrry.. I didn't mean to hurt your little bitty feelings. Maybe we can still be friends.. Dak is the most wonderfullness bestest QB ever!! Better?

I like Dak, I think he is the future at QB for this team but I was sold after we won 8 straight with him. I think they (the FO) screwed the pooch on this one personally. Now we have a QB that we knew was the future at week 10, and one of the best QB in the nfl

See how these trolls play it?