What recent data shows about Cowboys popularity

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Jun 12, 2021.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

10,977 Messages
    8,277 Likes Received
    The Bad Boys turned you off that much? They were nasty and set the league back in lots of ways.

2. CTcowboy203

CTcowboy203 Active Member

201 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I mean if anything this shows to me how fickle fans can be....no coincidence pats are so popular- they win a lot. In 96 we won a lot

Reid1boys likes this.
  3. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

11,483 Messages
    15,585 Likes Received
    They lost me when Michael Jordan retired.

McKDaddy likes this.
  4. atlantacowboy

11,483 Messages
    15,585 Likes Received
    Wha? Jordan vs the Bad Boys and Isiah Thomas vs Magic was must see TV. Those were probably the most compelling rivalries in NBA history , and moved the NBA forward in popularity. That was back when the final score mattered to the players and losses were taken personally. Today's divas only care about their own brand. The NBA is unwatchable garbage compared to the bad boys era.

Captain-Crash, kskboys and McKDaddy like this.
  5. MyFairLady

MyFairLady Well-Known Member

2,111 Messages
    2,376 Likes Received
    I can't understand why kids today don't gravitate towards a team run by a senile old drunk who constantly makes pathetic emotional decisions that cripple the teams chances to win.

6. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

7,634 Messages
    3,282 Likes Received

Some of us look at these types of things with a lot of skepticism. The reason is how they come up with their numbers. They use polls and surveys and many if not most of us know that any poll or survey can be worded to get the results they want. As you said there was a time when there were a lot more Cowboys fans on their road games and as you also said there has been a reduction and a loss of interest in the NFL that actually started before the current problems. The reduction or loss of fans is due to 3 reasons. The league has become a social platform instead of just remaining a sport. This has angered many to most fans. Next they have driven the cost up to where the average fan can't just take their families to a game without placing that into their budgets long before actually going. There are fans now who say the only way they will ever be able to go to a game is if the win the tickets which also covers the parking. The last reason is one that the league has no blame and that is what this country has had to endure for the last 16 months.

Your implication that because the Cowboys have not won a Super Bowl in over 25 years so somehow they should no longer be referred to as America's team anymore let me point out after the packers won some championships and Super Bowls in the 60's Green Bay got named Title Town and it's still known as Title Town even though at on time they went THIRTY YEARS in between Super Bowl wins.

7. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

27,201 Messages
    29,840 Likes Received
    Yup. They took the D back out of the game, and it got boring. We coulda told 'em that, who in hades makes these stupid decisions?

Captain-Crash and atlantacowboy like this.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

63,701 Messages
    120,880 Likes Received
    Yeah, I mean if they're not willing to sit through at least half a century of losing who needs them?

Bobhaze, Jake and kskboys like this.
  9. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

3,946 Messages
    2,409 Likes Received
    "olds" ?

10. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

27,201 Messages
    29,840 Likes Received
    Eating cars?

11. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,871 Messages
    53,766 Likes Received
    The young will gravitate toward the next big thing. We would have done the same, we just didn't get as much as they're getting.

I had the choice of the major sports and that was it. Look at their choices today.

If I was in that 18-34 demo, I doubt that I would be into it as I am.

12. atlantacowboy

11,483 Messages
    15,585 Likes Received
    People forget that Isiah Thomas and Jordan were fierce defenders. They wanted to win.........and they didn't just turn it on for the playoffs.

kskboys, Captain-Crash and Bobhaze like this.
  13. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

8,697 Messages
    27,445 Likes Received
    I have a 9 year old grandson whose only knowledge of the NFL comes from his video game experience.

Jake, Captain-Crash and CouchCoach like this.
  14. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

24,571 Messages
    48,487 Likes Received
    The Cowboys' continuing popularity has a lot to do with fans who remember watching this game. The clock is ticking.

[​IMG]

15. CTcowboy203

201 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    i don’t understand your point but you tried. A+ for effort. It actually shows that most fans are front runners and is less to do about the cowboys and more about fans and fandom as a whole.

16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

63,701 Messages
    120,880 Likes Received
    The Cowboys gained their popularity with front runners back when they won.

Now they're losing their popularity with front runners because they don't win anymore.

Cry about it.

17. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

30,249 Messages
    53,092 Likes Received
    Ridiculously amazing post.
    Consider me jealous.

Bobhaze likes this.
  18. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

12,826 Messages
    7,767 Likes Received
    I agree. But when the Cowboys start winning. The entire country all of a sudden shows up. Just like happened in the 90s

jazzcat22 likes this.
  19. CTcowboy203

201 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    whose crying....you are reiterating my point yet somehow think you’re proving one. I’m a cowboys fan through and through couldn’t care less where they rank on a popularity scale.

you quoted me. Go kick rocks