What the franchise has consistently given us

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us
What's wrong with both?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Meh. One winner, 31 losers.

I wouldn't have felt much better about losing at Philly in the NFC Championship Game this year. That would suck too.

Of course it's better to get further, but the 49ers run without closing the deal is a special hell of its own.
I would have felt better. Making the NFC championship game after 27 years would be progress.

Jipper

Reaction score
I'd rather win a superbowl and then not be heard of from a decade...it's basically been that way for 3 already!!

Nav22

Reaction score
I would have felt better. Making the NFC championship game after 27 years would be progress.
I get that. But in this specific scenario, I hate the Eagles even more than I hate the 49ers. Losing in Philly would've been brutal.

Also, the "progress" doesn't guarantee you anything. Look at the 49ers "progress" over the last decade, and they still haven't closed the deal.
:laugh: :laugh::laugh:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
That’s what we have now and had with the Romo years, but man, there was a long stretch in there when winning games and even thinking about playoffs were not in the picture.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cowboy fan forever ,
Underperformance, and a D that is incorrectly constructed.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, in the course of the NFL. Teams go to the Super Bowl and they’re not heard from again. The only exception has been the Chiefs, and Tom Brady. That’s the 50-50 I’m talking about, always competitive cowboys. We don’t lose enough games to get higher draft picks. So you stay average.
Yes, and I want to be one of the teams that consistently competes for a super bowl.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I get that. But in this specific scenario, I hate the Eagles even more than I hate the 49ers. Losing in Philly would've been brutal.

Also, the "progress" doesn't guarantee you anything. Look at the 49ers "progress" over the last decade, and they still haven't closed the deal.
I hear you but the narrative that this team hasn’t made an NFC championship game and can’t win 2 playoff games in one season would have been put
to bed for a while.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
So Imagine a dude that has had the honor of watching all 5 ! And two close loses ! This team has given me that 2 NFC Championship loses (EAGLES 80 49ers 82)

As a longtime fan I'll take it

Nav22

Reaction score
I hear you but the narrative that this team hasn’t made an NFC championship game and can’t win 2 playoff games in one season would have been put
to bed for a while.
Cowboys haters will always find something to say.

If we lost in Philly, the "Super Bowl drought" memes would've replaced the "NFC Championship drought" memes.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys have missed the playoffs 14 times in the 2000s. :huh:
To broaden the perspective:
  • We’ve made the playoffs 12 times in the last 28 years, which is just under 43% of the time.
  • Won 5 playoff games in 28 years.
  • Record in the playoffs since last SB: 5-12.
  • On the bright side we have made the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years, going 2-2.
I honestly believe this off-season will determine if we make the playoffs for the third straight year or fall back to the old habits of 43% of the time.

Big_D

Reaction score
As a fan I just don’t get how playoff football is unimportant to some. That tournament is the only reason for the season. It’s building for that. Now that doesn’t mean fans should expect a Super Bowl every year, but the bar should now doubt be raised by the organization and fans. Because the opportunity to win every single game is just a pipe dream. This fan wants to see some clutch football when the real season starts… for a change! Choking and being laughed off the field isn’t really enjoyable!

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

At least they have gotten to the deal stage. We haven't even opened that stage since 1995.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Cowboy fan forever ,
I think the Cowboys have a responsibility because Jerry bought a great team which is become like the old Roman empire

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
You sound like Jerry - making excuses and settling for regular season success.

"Who needs to win championships? Just staying relevant and competitive is enough."

What's next, are you going to try to convince us that Dak is having a hall of fame career deserving of breaking the bank at 100 mil a season?

Twice in the last two days they tried comparing him to Peyton Mannitn so why not !

Thank god the mods are good enough to remove those idiotic threads.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
To broaden the perspective:
  • We’ve made the playoffs 12 times in the last 28 years, which is just under 43% of the time.
  • Won 5 playoff games in 28 years.
  • Record in the playoffs since last SB: 5-12.
  • On the bright side we have made the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years, going 2-2.
I honestly believe this off-season will determine if we make the playoffs for the third straight year or fall back to the old habits of 43% of the time.
More data and facts… I like reality as much as you Bob. Thanks for keeping it some what sane here like Jake .

tcain2004

Reaction score
Meh. One winner, 31 losers.

I wouldn't have felt much better about losing at Philly in the NFC Championship Game this year. That would suck too.

Of course it's better to get further, but the 49ers run without closing the deal is a special hell of its own.

Just think how many better memes and cowboys jokes we could get if they maybe had a little bit of success tho lol