What the franchise has consistently given us

shabazz

Reaction score
It speaks to the kind of person you are. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable. I'm happy.

I don't work for the Cowboys. Their success or failure doesn't make or break me.
yeah, none of us work for the Cowboys, so their failures don’t make or break any of us

Being a “happy” person has nothing to do with recognizing the faults that this team and it’s quarterDak have

don’t think that others are ‘miserable” because they don’t share you’re opinions. So far the people that are allegedly “miserable” have been 100% right about not being delusional and looking at this team like a child would……..the last quarter century proves that.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No, in the course of the NFL. Teams go to the Super Bowl and they’re not heard from again. The only exception has been the Chiefs, and Tom Brady. That’s the 50-50 I’m talking about, always competitive cowboys. We don’t lose enough games to get higher draft picks. So you stay average.
If it were all about draft position, we wouldn't be competitive. But we draft well, especially considering where we typically draft from. I don't think Jerral Wayne gets enough credit on that tip.

rambo2

Reaction score
Falcons are the exception. Most Super Bowl teams maintain relevance. Look at the current teams in it, recent champions.

Cowboys have made the playoffs less than half the time in the last 20 years.

But woohoo they're not the Browns or the Lions
Yes, look at the Rams.

rambo2

Reaction score
I would have felt better. Making the NFC championship game after 27 years would be progress.
They had a shot. Those two losses in overtime did them in. They would have had a real good shot if they had gotten the number 1 spot instead of the 5.

rambo2

Reaction score
If it were all about draft position, we wouldn't be competitive. But we draft well, especially considering where we typically draft from. I don't think Jerral Wayne gets enough credit on that tip.
They should get a lot of credit if they get the 12 wins for th3 3rd year in a row next year.

rambo2

Reaction score
yeah, none of us work for the Cowboys, so their failures don’t make or break any of us

Being a “happy” person has nothing to do with recognizing the faults that this team and it’s quarterDak have

don’t think that others are ‘miserable” because they don’t share you’re opinions. So far the people that are allegedly “miserable” have been 100% right about not being delusional and looking at this team like a child would……..the last quarter century proves that.
The last 2 years have proved they are good now.

Nav22

Reaction score

That's cool.

Some people enjoyed the win at Tampa Bay in the playoffs. Others, like you, didn't allow themselves to enjoy it because they were afraid of what was going to come next.

To each his own. I was in a great mood all week after that win. I'm sorry if you weren't.

Worse QBs than Dak have won it all, and you know that. It's sad that his presence saps you of your joy as a fan. Were you like this with Romo too?

Are you old enough to remember the 3 Super Bowls from the '90s? Just curious, because if you were too young (or not born yet), then I could see why this drought would be extra bitter for you.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last 2 years have proved they are good now.
Every year is a different situation. One of the biggest mistakes this front office has made is assuming what a player or team was last year will automatically carry forward to the next year.

Good GMs look at their team with a worst case scenario eye and prepare for it. Jerry looks at his team like a Dad looking at his sons playing high school sports. He’s proud of them. But NFL GMs need to look at their players with a discerning eye, not an admiring eye.

rambo2

Reaction score
Every year is a different situation. One of the biggest mistakes this front office has made is assuming what a player or team was last year will automatically carry forward to the next year.

Good GMs look at their team with a worst case scenario eye and prepare for it. Jerry looks at his team like a Dad looking at his sons playing high school sports. He’s proud of them. But NFL GMs need to look at their players with a discerning eye, not an admiring eye.
They have had a plan over the last several years. It is to draft well and develop young players and make the overall team younger and good over the long haul. They have 9 draft picks to keep the team going in the right direction. It is no accident that they have won 12 games in consecutive years and they plan on another double digit win contending team next year. I suspect that they have a good shot at success.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Wut:huh:

It's probable that the Cowboys can win every single game, every challenge, and every opportunity.:huh:

As Bob noted in his post, the Cowboys have only qualified for the playoffs just over 40% of the time since their last SB win and their 5 playoff wins are in the Wildcard round only.

So, basically in the last 30 years the Cowboys have failed to qualify for the playoffs 60% of the time and average 1 single Wildcard win roughly every 6 years. So, how exactly do you take those facts and come to the conclusion that its probable the Cowboys win every game, every challenge, and every opportunity. This is taking being a homer to an entire new level, wow.o_O

rambo2

Reaction score
Wut:huh:

It's probable that the Cowboys can win every single game, every challenge, and every opportunity.:huh:

As Bob noted in his post, the Cowboys have only qualified for the playoffs just over 40% of the time since their last SB win and their 5 playoff wins are in the Wildcard round only.

So, basically in the last 30 years the Cowboys have failed to qualify for the playoffs 60% of the time and average 1 single Wildcard win roughly every 6 years. So, how exactly do you take those facts and come to the conclusion that its probable the Cowboys win every game, every challenge, and every opportunity. This is taking being a homer to an entire new level, wow.o_O
This years team had a chance to win every game that they played. 12 wins in back to back seasons. The current state of the team hasn't been seen since the 90's.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
What a loser mentality lol, some people just have laughably low standards I guess. Jerry loves it though, he knows there'll always be a lineup of gullible clowns out there to buy whatever bs he's selling.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I can agree that the Cowboys are super-frustrating to root for. But watching other Cowboys fans build their hopes up every season and lose their **** when it all unravels at the end is oddly entertaining. Somehow it feels all scripted, like watching WWE and the Joneses are playing the goofy heel villains. Hard to explain. All I know is that being a Cowboys fan these days can't be good for your health.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
The realism of the HARD CAP era is that having an opportunity of winning every game is fine, but there's ALWAYS a handful of the other 31 teams that have pushed their chips in and have a stronger late season roster to succeed in the play-offs.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us
I know you're a diehard and I respect your opinion Whirl.

But if I have a team that is close, like this year was, I'm willing to sacrifice the future to win now. I would have traded picks and whatever else to get this team better.

If it didn't work out and I hurt our future, so be it. This was a year to go all in. The Super Bowl was there for the taking for any good team who made the right moves. That's why we are sitting home and the Eagles are going for another championship, which I think they will win.

Just my opinion on how I would handle the team. This team was close.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You sound like Jerry - making excuses and settling for regular season success.

"Who needs to win championships? Just staying relevant and competitive is enough."

What's next, are you going to try to convince us that Dak is having a hall of fame career deserving of breaking the bank at 100 mil a season?
Do you think everything is an excuse. I’m just telling you how it works for me. You do you, I’ll do me.