What the franchise has consistently given us

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol whatever man. I ain't gonna argue the obvious with you.

Believe what you want. Cowboys!
Right back to you. Believe whatever you want when’s the last time someone repeated Super Bow

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys have missed the playoffs 14 times in the 2000s. :huh:
Yes, but we are still competitive. With the ability to beat any team any Sunday. Not every team can see that maybe people are missing the point.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is called the acceptance stage. This team has not sniffed an NFC championship game never mind Super Bowl in 27 years that is hardly competing. 4 wild card playoff wins in 27 years is hardly competing. If they have had similar results as the 49ers then I would agree with you. That would mean 2 Super Bowl appearances and a handful of NFC championship games in the last 37 years, not 4 wild card wins.
Not excepting it ,just knowing the reality of it ,

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The cowboys annoy the hell out of me and upset me virtually every year. That said I know certain things will never be the way we may want them in regards to how the team is managed etc.

I’ve learned a long time ago to accept this (not be happy with it but not be in denial) and just try to enjoy the seasons as much as I can. Wasting so much negative energy on it will just drive me nuts.

It is what it is. This is my team.
I don’t think it’s excepting. I think it’s just the reality.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us

I like this perspective. Especially since I haven't seen a championship. I think it is nice that, usually, we are right there in terms of competitiveness. I just look forward to when we finally break that door down.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ummmmm everyone on this site always has something to say. Why we're here.
I thought, at least you would understand, the difference between excepting, versus reality. Excepting is not being pissed off. Reality is I can’t change it.. But I’m not going anywhere at this point in time go Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like this perspective. Especially since I haven't seen a championship. I think it is nice that, usually, we are right there in terms of competitiveness. I just look forward to when we finally break that door down.
It’s just understanding the reality of it, this is the way the franchise works. I’m not excepting it. I’m living with it because I’m not going to be rooting for a different team. The people here complaining that it’s acceptance maybe they’re the ones that should go find another team if they’re not happy with it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know you're a diehard and I respect your opinion Whirl.

But if I have a team that is close, like this year was, I'm willing to sacrifice the future to win now. I would have traded picks and whatever else to get this team better.

If it didn't work out and I hurt our future, so be it. This was a year to go all in. The Super Bowl was there for the taking for any good team who made the right moves. That's why we are sitting home and the Eagles are going for another championship, which I think they will win.

Just my opinion on how I would handle the team. This team was close.
I totally agree, but that’s not what I was trying to say. Always competitive, never better that’s what Jerry built and you have to decide as an individual , why do we still love the Cowboys?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know you're a diehard and I respect your opinion Whirl.

But if I have a team that is close, like this year was, I'm willing to sacrifice the future to win now. I would have traded picks and whatever else to get this team better.

If it didn't work out and I hurt our future, so be it. This was a year to go all in. The Super Bowl was there for the taking for any good team who made the right moves. That's why we are sitting home and the Eagles are going for another championship, which I think they will win.

Just my opinion on how I would handle the team. This team was close.
I would definitely do the same thing, that’s what the Eagles did. Jerry stubborn.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s just understanding the reality of it, this is the way the franchise works. I’m not excepting it. I’m living with it because I’m not going to be rooting for a different team. The people here complaining that it’s acceptance maybe they’re the ones that should go find another team if they’re not happy with it.

Exactly. I'm not changing teams. Only one team can possibly win the SB every year. So, I will always stick with this team. Besides, they gave me a nice calling card on my fursona that's helped make me iconic at conventions.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wut:huh:

It's probable that the Cowboys can win every single game, every challenge, and every opportunity.:huh:

As Bob noted in his post, the Cowboys have only qualified for the playoffs just over 40% of the time since their last SB win and their 5 playoff wins are in the Wildcard round only.

So, basically in the last 30 years the Cowboys have failed to qualify for the playoffs 60% of the time and average 1 single Wildcard win roughly every 6 years. So, how exactly do you take those facts and come to the conclusion that its probable the Cowboys win every game, every challenge, and every opportunity. This is taking being a homer to an entire new level, wow.o_O
So I guess my question is. Why do people still love the Cowboys. This is exactly who we have been for the past 30 years. I’m not saying I love it not saying I hate it. I’m saying this is the reality. So ask yourself the question again. Why are you a Cowboys fan?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What a loser mentality lol, some people just have laughably low standards I guess. Jerry loves it though, he knows there'll always be a lineup of gullible clowns out there to buy whatever bs he's selling.
Being able to win every single football game any week. It is a loser mentality LMAO.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly. I'm not changing teams. Only one team can possibly win the SB every year. So, I will always stick with this team. Besides, they gave me a nice calling card on my fursona that's helped make me iconic at conventions.
Tell me, how was Vegas working out. I believe this is the Rusty from the old fan forum

LysleE

Reaction score
I have been a Cowboys fan for the better part of my life. It is a bittersweet relationship. As a fan you want them to succeed; you want them to be competitive year-in and year-out, playing for a playoff berth and hopefully the Super Bowl. I see a talented team, but they go nowhere…they fail in the biggest moments.

Then to add insult-to-injury you have the FO telling the fans that the Cowboys had a great year and will come back better next year…and they never do…and the weaknesses that cause the team to lose are seemingly never corrected.

The most frustrating thing about being a Cowboys fan is watching other, less-talented franchises eclipse us…this once-proud franchise has been mired in mediocrity for 27 years and counting.

So when I read of coaching changes, scheme changes and potential FA acquisitions I have a glimmer of hope; but the realist in me tempers my enthusiasm given the history of the team and knowing that I will eventually be let down once again.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As a fan I just don’t get how playoff football is unimportant to some. That tournament is the only reason for the season. It’s building for that. Now that doesn’t mean fans should expect a Super Bowl every year, but the bar should now doubt be raised by the organization and fans. Because the opportunity to win every single game is just a pipe dream. This fan wants to see some clutch football when the real season starts… for a change! Choking and being laughed off the field isn’t really enjoyable!

I'd love for us to have more success in the playoffs. I'd love for us to finally win the SB. That said, I'm always going to be a fan. That won't change, and I'll always wear the star on my fursuit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tell me, how was Vegas working out. I believe this is the Rusty from the old fan forum

It is the same Rusty, though I'm not in Vegas. I'm in Cleveland. The internship thing I was going for was nixed by the university. The next attempt with an interview didn't pan out. But I do have a good job now that pays me well. I've got a suit. I'm content with how things are ATM.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been a Cowboys fan for the better part of my life. It is a bittersweet relationship. As a fan you want them to succeed; you want them to be competitive year-in and year-out, playing for a playoff berth and hopefully the Super Bowl. I see a talented team, but they go nowhere…they fail in the biggest moments.

Then to add insult-to-injury you have the FO telling the fans that the Cowboys had a great year and will come back better next year…and they never do…and the weaknesses that cause the team to lose are seemingly never corrected.

The most frustrating thing about being a Cowboys fan is watching other, less-talented franchises eclipse us…this once-proud franchise has been mired in mediocrity for 27 years and counting.

So when I read of coaching changes, scheme changes and potential FA acquisitions I have a glimmer of hope; but the realist in me tempers my enthusiasm given the history of the team and knowing that I will eventually be let down once again.
This is all true. But it’s not the perspective I was trying to explain. We could lose and get higher draft picks so we can get over the top. Or we can continue like we have been and just stay competitive average. I don’t believe in.Tanking . And the franchise spends too much money and we have nothing left for free agency. So you have to ask yourself why am I a cowboy fan. I know why I am. In the 70s my military days. How could I not love the star what it represented Roger Staubach, Bob Lily. It’s still about the pride. The star, Mr. cowboy.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Expecting the Cowboys to soon win another Super Bowl is like jumping into a barrel of teats and coming up sucking your thumb.

That stated I love this team, and pro-football like no other sport.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Expecting the Cowboys to soon win another Super Bowl is like jumping into a barrel of teats and coming up sucking your thumb.

That stated I love this team, and pro-football like no other sport.
Yup

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's cool.

Some people enjoyed the win at Tampa Bay in the playoffs. Others, like you, didn't allow themselves to enjoy it because they were afraid of what was going to come next.

To each his own. I was in a great mood all week after that win. I'm sorry if you weren't.

Worse QBs than Dak have won it all, and you know that. It's sad that his presence saps you of your joy as a fan. Were you like this with Romo too?

Are you old enough to remember the 3 Super Bowls from the '90s? Just curious, because if you were too young (or not born yet), then I could see why this drought would be extra bitter for you.

As a young fan, I'm used to what has taken place, so I'm not as bitter as I once was. While I'm disappointed with how the season ended, this was the best season that I've seen since becoming a fan, and beating Tampa and being able to say that we were the team to send Tom Brady into retirement is kinda special when you think about it.