What the franchise has consistently given us

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What a loser mentality lol, some people just have laughably low standards I guess. Jerry loves it though, he knows there'll always be a lineup of gullible clowns out there to buy whatever bs he's selling.

Sooooo......are we supposed to switch teams? Cuz Jerry loves it when we fans are still supporting the Cowboys. Regardless, this is the team that is my favourite team, and they always will be my team.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us
Proud to be a fan of an organization that has not been to a Super Bowl since the mid-1990'2 and has not gotten past the NFC Divisional round since the mid-1990's????

So basically you are a fan of an 'almost' organization that is all show and no substance????

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Meh. One winner, 31 losers.

I wouldn't have felt much better about losing at Philly in the NFC Championship Game this year. That would suck too.

Of course it's better to get further, but the 49ers run without closing the deal is a special hell of its own.
The 49ers....who have had more success the last few years than Dallas has had in nearly 30 years???? LOL, okay.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Proud to be a fan of an organization that has not been to a Super Bowl since the mid-1990'2 and has not gotten past the NFC Divisional round since the mid-1990's????

So basically you are a fan of an 'almost' organization that is all show and no substance????
OP is also a Lakers, Yankees, and Notre Dame fan if that tells ya anything.

I think they just went with the most popular team in each sport, so I highly doubt their fandom has much to do with winning and more about who gets talked about the most, just like Jerry.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The franchise lives on its past. Almost 30 years of futility. Jerry sells hard but the reality is this franchise is in decline. It’s inevitable after being irrelevant for 3 decades. I will root for them but I have about one-tenth the interest.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Falcons are the exception. Most Super Bowl teams maintain relevance. Look at the current teams in it, recent champions.

Cowboys have made the playoffs less than half the time in the last 20 years.

But woohoo they're not the Browns or the Lions
You mean look at the LA Rams....5-12, cap hell, no draft picks, aging players. The best DL in the game talking about retiring.
TB even with Brady a shell of themselves that retired.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It speaks to the kind of person you are. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable. I'm happy.

I don't work for the Cowboys. Their success or failure doesn't make or break me.
Agree. I take each new season as a new adventure as to what can happen.
I don't dwell on the past 27 years, but enjoyed going into each season. And when things go wrong, I may complain for a little while. But will not let it consume me.
I know many vent at times, but to do it constantly is not good for the health. I hope the many that do are not actually that way in real life and are just venting on here.

I have seen all 8 SB's Dallas played in and all the playoff games from 67 on. Yes these past 27 years years have not been as fun as to successful playoff wins. Actually the past 13 years. But each year they were relevant enough to compete for the division title, except when injuries were to the QB or too many other players.

Some fans whine about 27 years years. But after the 3rd 90's SB win, and players left via FA, Irvin retire, Aikman retires, Emmitt moves on. Did anyone think it wouldn't take time to rebuild. Yes, one of those teams that needed players and coaching.

But the time they were building a team, thanks to Parcells getting them back on track, enter Jerry and Jason. 2010 and 3 straight win and in seasons, and could not do it. That is where the downfall began, only to slowly build player personal back up. The downfall if that is what one calls it, really did not happen until 2010. Except the year they quit on Wade starting out at 1-7.

One thing Garrett MUST get credit for, was he rebuilt the OL in 2 years. And they have always been at least considered very good for a long time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a loser mentality lol, some people just have laughably low standards I guess. Jerry loves it though, he knows there'll always be a lineup of gullible clowns out there to buy whatever bs he's selling.
A loser mentality are those that constantly complain and whine. They take a positive and always turn it into a negative instead of looking for a light, they look for dark.

DillusionalFans

Reaction score
So I guess my question is. Why do people still love the Cowboys. This is exactly who we have been for the past 30 years. I’m not saying I love it not saying I hate it. I’m saying this is the reality. So ask yourself the question again. Why are you a Cowboys fan?
Great question!! I’m the type of person who when driving past a bad car wreck just can’t look away — when I watch my Cowboys in the playoffs or at the end of the season in a must-win game, I know the wreck is coming but I watch them anyway. I still hold out hope for our glory days but in reality I a delusional.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Past 5 or so years I find myself on the couch asking myself “what am I doing with my life? How many hours of my life on earth have I wasted watching these men fail year in and year out?”

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The last couple of years I had other things going on in my life so I didn't even get to see a lot of Cowboy games. Of course nothing changed since I was gone. You can tune out. You can come back. But the same results will remain the same. We just wait for the playoffs to start to see how we goof up this year. Rinse and repeat.